Commissioned for Garryth, Blade of Retribution, Moros is a quick and agile myrmidon that strikes using its dual curved blades with the deadliness of an assassin. Its unique power field renders Moros invisible to the naked eye and can be manipulated to lash out and stun potential victims. For many of the Retribution’s enemies, the low hum of Moros’ energy field is the last sound ever heard.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Death's Shadow - 8" range, POW 12 gun
- Blade (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 13 melee weapons
- Paralysis - As above
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Fleet, Stealth, and cannot attack with Death Shadow.
- Fleet - Once per activation, this model can spend 1 focus point to gain +2" movement when advancing as part of its Normal Movement that activation.
- Bond: (Garryth) - If this model begins the game in Garryth's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Garryth and in their CTRL range, it gains Acrobatics (Acrobatics - This model can advance through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past their bases. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target.)
Thoughts on Moros
Moros in a nutshell
Moros adds another ranged defense fixer to the Retribution myrmidon lineup that works on living models that can't be knocked down. With Garryth Moros becomes an assassin that is difficult to deny a charge to.
Combos & Synergies
- Ravyn is actually decent with Moros giving him snipe on his paralasis weapon which has a base value of 8" turning it into 12" weapon. This makes his gun a decent range and a target for the rest of the army that will most likely be gun based.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Any model that can choose the column in which it damages can cripple its field generator. ( assuming it's force field is out)
Tricks & Tips
- Paralysis is a great tool in both melee and out with Moros. Charge or walk him into something that has high def. or things that he can't take out alone with paralysis on his blades now you can drop anythings def. enough to effectively shoot at it with anything while he is going toe to toe with it.
- Make some space. With Moros's bond leave some space between your troops so he can jump over them and start hacking away at those too unawares of his stealthy prowess.
Originally released in the Warmachine: Reckoning expansion (2015)
When taken in Garryth's battlegroup, this model can be taken in:
- Forges of War (Article) (Category)
- Themes for any-and-all bonded warjacks (Edit)
When taken in someone else’s battlegroup, this model can’t be taken in theme forces.
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|