An enemy soldier who finds himself the target of a Mitigator stares death in the face. He knows that once it launches its razor bola, fitted with spikes that actuate with enough force to easily puncture armor and bone, his chances of escape are practically nil. Those who survive the impact of the razor bola find themselves entangled, helpless against the constructs and clockwork vessels of the Convergence that close in to methodically eliminate ensnared targets.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Mitigator
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Convergence models
- 5 Rules Clarifications
Weapons and Attacks
- Razor Bola - Range 7, AoE 3, no POW.
- Bash - 0.5" range, P+S 7 melee attack. This guy is all about the gun
- Vector - A vector is a specialised type of warjack. It is big and stompy, as normal, but swaps out the Cortex for an Induction Node. Also its MAT & RAT is always equal to its controller's.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Circular Vision - Enemies get no bonuses from attempting a back strike on this model.
Thoughts on Mitigator
Mitigator in a nutshell
A light jack that can knockdown any model (or other models within the aoe) on a direct hit. A deviating puncture is also great for infantry or high-def solos.
Combos & Synergies
- Units with flare : Cipher, Attunement Servitors. Often, flared enemies are good targets to hit with boosted attack rolls.
- Casters with decent RAT : Well, for convergence it would be Directrix or Syntherion.
- Servitors : Put them really close, and shoot them in the back. You sacrifice one servitor, but it's worth it to get a knockdown on a key model.
- Prime Axiom : Our beloved colossal always yearns for dragging and scrapping. Knocked down targets are easy to drag! Also a good way to spawn some friendly Attunement Servitors.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It's a light vector, so poor defensive stats, and lackluster melee.
- Short range on the gun. If your target is in range, you're in charge range, a miss will be deadly.
Tricks & Tips
- Under Syntherion's feat, you can charge him at a target and then shoot something else, to give your short range aoe a little bit more threat.
- Puncture is outstanding against high-ARM, single-wound infantry formations, like Iron Fang Pikemen, Praetorian Karax or Dawnguard Sentinels.
Comparison to Mk2
Other than the change to circular vision, the Mitigator is mostly unchanged.
The hum of rapidly spinning rotational accelerator presages the attack of the Mitigator. Once this vector engages the enemy, its hurlon chamber begins to whirl its ammunition, a razor-sharp and precision-tooled bola, at tremendous speed. The bola round spreads open in flight to envelop targets in a brutal web of steel upon impact. Its roots may be in an ancient weapon employed by less sophisticated forces, but the razor bola of the Mitigator fires incorporates advancements that transform into a thoroughly modern instrument of war.
The Mitigator is a precision tool in the arsenal of its controlling warcaster, who with its careful deployment can alter the entire course of an engagement. Its weaponry is equally well suited to shredding close formations of troops and to destabilizing single substantial threats, bringing them low for other Convergence elements to annihilate. This flexibility enables a warcaster to remain both nimble and responsive with his forces.
Mitigators are highly effective when used as supporting weapons. A few volleys of razor bolas can thin even the most heavily armored troops or clear a path to targets of priority.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Themes for any-and-all Vectors (Edit)
Other Convergence models
|Warcasters||Aurora, Numen of Aerogenesis - Axis, The Harmonic Enforcer - Father Lucant, Divinity Architect - Forge Master Syntherion - Iron Mother Directrix & Exponent - Eminent Configurator Orion|
|Light||Corollary - Diffuser - Galvanizer - Mitigator|
|Heavy||Assimilator - Cipher - Conservator - Inverter - Modulator - Monitor|
|Colossals||Prime Axiom - Prime Conflux|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Clockwork Angels - Eradicators - Obstructors - Optifex Directive - Perforators - Reciprocators - Reductors
|Solos||Accretion Servitors - Algorithmic Dispersion Optifex - Attunement Servitors - Elimination Servitors - Enigma Foundry - Reflex Servitors - Steelsoul Protector|
|Battle Engines||Transfinite Emergence Projector & Permutation Servitors|
|Destruction Initiative - Clockwork Legions||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
Interface Node and Induction
MAT & RAT
Some MAT/RAT examples