Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Grenade - 6" range, AOE 3, POW 12 gun
- Cumbersome - This model cannot attack with this weapon and with another weapon on the same activation.
- Quad-Iron - 10" range, ROF d3+1, POW 10 gun
- Cutlass - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for as a Cryx mercenary, Cygnar mercenary, Khador mercenary, and as a Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Artillerist (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction model in CMD range gains +2 RAT on its next AOE ranged attack this turn. Also, it can re-roll direction and/or distance if it does not directly hit.
- Double Powder Ration (Minifeat) - Dougal can use this once per game during his activation. While in his CMD range, friendly Privateer models gain +2 RNG on their ranged attacks. Lasts for one turn.
- Hit the Deck! - Dougal cannot be hit by AOEs. If he would be hit by an AOE, he gets knocked down instead. While knocked down, ranged attacks targeting him auto-miss.
- Veteran Leader [Sea Dog Deck Gun] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Sea Dog Deck Gun models gain +1 to attack rolls.
Thoughts on Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile in a nutshell
Dougal Macnaile is a ranged support solo who will spend most of his time using Artillerist on a ranged warjack. His Double Powder Ration ability assists with ranged alpha strikes in privateer armies and is his main selling point. his Veteran Leader ability would be more useful if Sea Dog Deck Guns weren't so lousy. He is generally not good enough to make the cut in most Irregulars lists but may see play in Talion Charter once it comes into its own.
Combos & Synergies
Privateer shooters for double powder ration include
- Galleon - the Mercenary Colossal loves extra range.
- Sea Dog Pirates - a lot of shooters there.
- The Commodore Cannon & Crew Boom!
- Sea Dog Deck Gun are slightly better with a veteran leader around
- The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
- And the two warjacks the Buccaneer and the Mariner
Other good sources of ranged AOEs for the first couple of turns are
- Horgenhold Artillery Corps
- Ghordson Avalancher
- Ghordson Earthbreaker
- Mule - although the Mule mostly crit-fishes
- Hammerfall Siege Crawler
- Renegade - Magnus' personal warjack with its one shot obliterator rocket loves a RAT buff and the ability to reroll the distance it deviates.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Support Bloat - it's easy to use up too many of your army points on support models like this guy.
Tricks & Tips
- Artillerist is most useful on turns 1 and possibly 2. After that he can get stuck in with the Quad Iron.
Originally released in Pirates of the Broken Coast (2007)
|Cryx (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
| Khador (Edit)
||Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models