Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Grenade - 6" range, AOE 3, POW 12 gun
- Cumbersome - This model cannot attack with this weapon and with another weapon on the same activation.
- Quad-Iron - 10" range, ROF d3+1, POW 10 gun
- Cutlass - 0,5" range, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Mercenary - will work for Cryx. Cygnar, Khador and the Protectorate of Menoth.
- Artillerist (★ Action) - Target friendly faction model gains a bonus to RAT on its next AoE ranged attack. It can re-roll deviation if it does not directly hit.
- Double Powder Ration (Minifeat) - Friendly Privateers in his command range gain extra range on ranged attacks
- Hit the Deck! - Never hit by AoEs - knocked down instead. Ranged attacks can't hit him while knocked down.
- Veteran Leader (Sea Dog Deck Gun) - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Sea Dog Deck Gun models gain +1 to attack rolls.
Thoughts on Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile in a nutshell
Dougal Macnaile is a decent shooter who supports Privateer shooting and mercenary artillery - and he can plink away at infantry with his Quad-Iron.
Combos & Synergies
Privateer shooters for double powder ration include
- Galleon - the Mercenary Colossal loves extra range.
- Sea Dog Pirates - a lot of shooters there.
- The Commodore Cannon & Crew Boom!
- Sea Dog Deck Gun are slightly better with a veteran leader around
- The Devil's Shadow Mutineers
- And the two warjacks the Buccaneer and the Mariner
Other good sources of ranged AoEs for the first couple of turns are
- Horgenhold Artillery Corps
- Ghordson Avalancher
- Ghordson Earthbreaker
- Mule - although the Mule mostly crit-fishes
- Hammerfall Siege Crawler
- Renegade - Magnus' personal warjack with its one shot obliterator rocket loves a RAT buff and the ability to reroll the distance it deviates.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He mostly helps shred infantry
Tricks & Tips
- Artillerist is most useful on turns 1 and possibly 2. After that he can get stuck in with the Quad Iron.
Notable changed from Mk2
- Lost a point of RAT
- Quad-Iron lost Multi-Fire, gained RoF d3+1 to compensate
- Gained Veteran Leader (Sea Dog Deck Gun Crew)
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models