Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Add Fluff Blurb
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gearhart
- 3 Other
- Acid Cannon-12" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Damage Type: Corrosion - This weapon does corrosion damage.
- Continuous Corrosion - A model hit by this attack suffers continuous corrosion, which has a chance of doing a single point of damage each turn.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Mechanikal Axe - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Warcaster - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Veteran Leader [Faction warrior] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Faction warrior models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Warcaster Unit - All warcasters come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome. Furthermore, this warcaster comes with some troopers that can be ordered around.
- Arms Caddy - Once per activation after making his initial attacks during his Combat Action and while 5" of Mr. Clogg, Gearhart can replace his ranged weapon with one of the weapon's on Mr. Clogg's card. This effect lasts until Gearhart is affected by Arms Caddy again.
- Battle plan - This model can use one of the following plans at any time during its activation. A friendly faction/unit can be affected by only one plan each turn.
- Bloody well done! - RNG 5. Target friendly Faction warrior model/unit. If the model/unit is in range, it gains an additional die on each model's first non-spray ranged attack roll this turn.
- Give 'em What For! - RNG 5. Target friendly warrior Faction model. If the model is in range, it gains Reciprocate for one round. (When it is missed by an enemy ranged attack, immediatly after the attack is resolved a model with reciprocate can make one basic ranged attack against the attacking model.)
- Operations Command - While in this model's command range, friendly Faction models can ignore other friendly Faction models when determining LOS. Friendly Faction models can advance through other friendly faction models in this model's commande range if they have enough movement to move completely past them. Operations Command last for one turn.
- Boundless Charge - Cost 2, 6" range
- Target friendly Faction model can charge for free and gains +2" movement and Pathfinder when it charges for one turn.
- Deceleration - Cost 3
- For one round, friendly Faction models in the caster's CTRL range gain +2 ARM against ranged and magic attacks.
- Hot-Shot - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target model in the caster's battlegroup gains boosted ranged attack damage rolls.
- Snipe - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target model/unit's ranged weapons gain +4 RNG.
Feat : Fox Hunt
Choose an enemy model/unit in Gearhart's CTRL range. Friendly Faction models gain Prey against that target. When it is destroyed or RFP'd, choose another model/unit in Gearhart's CTRL range to be the prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.) Fox Hunt lasts for one turn.
Mr Cloggs carries 4 guns, but can't attack with any of them. (Refer to his abilities for why.)
- Acid Cannon - As above
- Catalytic Detonator - 8" range, POW 15 gun
- Cryo-Evaporator - 10" spray, POW 13 ranged attack
- Vitriloic Ingression Catapault - 13" range, POW 10 gun
- Companion [Gearhart] - This model only comes with Gearhart, is part of their battlegroup, and if Gearhart dies this model is RFP'd.
- Hit the Deck! - Dougal cannot be hit by AOEs. If he would be hit by an AOE, he gets knocked down instead. While knocked down, ranged attacks targeting him auto-miss.
- Johnny on the spot (*action) - RNG 5. Target Gearhart. If Gearhart is in range, he immediately makes one basic melee or ranged attack.
Thoughts on Gearhart
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Gearhart in a nutshell
Gearhart is the leader of the Crucible Guard, the military wing of the Order of the Golden Crucible. He utilizes the most destructive firepower of the Golden Crucible and puts it to work on the battlefield. Mr. Clogg is his caddy who carries around his many weapons. Gearhart should support his army while utilizing his many ranged options.
Maximising his feat & spells
Typical Strategy & Army
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Choose which weapon you want to use on Turn 1, then have Cloggs use Reloader for the rest of the game.
Released in 2018
Themes for any-and-all casters (Edit)
Other Crucible models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.