Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
Add Fluff Blurb
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Gearhart
- 3 Other
- Acid Cannon-12" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Damage Type: Corrosion - This weapon does corrosion damage.
- Continuous Corrosion - A model hit by this attack suffers continuous corrosion, which has a chance of doing a single point of damage each turn.
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Mechanikal Axe - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Breather - This model does not suffer gas effects.
- Veteran Leader [Faction warrior] - While in this model's CMD range, other friendly Faction warrior models gain +1 to attack rolls.
- Boundless Charge - Cost 2, 6" range
- Target friendly Faction model can charge for free and gains +2" movement and Pathfinder when it charges for one turn.
- Deceleration - Cost 3
- For one round, friendly Faction models in the caster's CTRL range gain +2 ARM against ranged and magic attacks.
- Hot-Shot - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target model in the caster's battlegroup gains boosted ranged attack damage rolls.
- Molten Metal - Cost 2, 10" range, Offensive spell with special POW'
- Target warjack suffers 1 point of fire damage to each column on its damage grid.
Feat : Destruction Initiative
Choose an enemy model/unit in Gearhart's CTRL range. Friendly Crucible Guard models gain Prey against that target. When it is destroyed or RFP'd, choose another model/unit in Gearhart's CTRL range to be the prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.)
Mr Cloggs carries 4 guns, but can't attack with any of them. (Refer to his abilities for why.)
- Acid Cannon - As above
- Catalytic Detonator - 8" range, POW 15 gun
- Cryo-Evaporator - 10" spray, POW 13 ranged attack
- Vitriloic Ingression Catapault - 13" range, POW 10 gun
- Companion: (Gearhart) - This model only comes with Gearhart, is part of their battlegroup, and when Gearhart dies it leaves play.
- Hit the Deck! - Dougal cannot be hit by AOEs. If he would be hit by an AOE, he gets knocked down instead. While knocked down, ranged attacks targeting him auto-miss.
- Warcaster Benefits - While B2B with its warcaster, this model can do one of the following:
Thoughts on Gearhart
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Gearhart in a nutshell
Gearhart is the leader of the Crucible Guard, the military wing of the Order of the Golden Crucible. He utilizes the most destructive firepower of the Golden Crucible and puts it to work on the battlefield. Mr. Clogg is his caddy who carries around his many weapons. Gearhart should support his army while utilizing his many ranged options.
Maximising his feat & spells
Typical Strategy & Army
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Choose which weapon you want to use on Turn 1, then have Cloggs use Reloader for the rest of the game.
Released in 2018
Themes for any-and-all casters (Edit)
Other Crucible models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.