Khador’s mechaniks build their warjacks to last. The Juggernaut is a hulking mass of plated armor wielding an ice axe that can encase its target in a layer of crippling ice. This sturdy chassis has given rise to other staples like the Destroyer, whose whistling shells arcing overhead portend explosive obliteration. The Marauder was also built on this frame and uses its piston-driven battering rams to deliver pulverizing impacts that can hurl enemy warjacks away with effortless ease. Another is the Decimator, engineered to annihilate well-armored targets with powerful direct fire. This ’jack’s wide-bored cannon smashes its victims to the ground before it closes to tear them apart with its whirling rip saw.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Marauder
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Ram Piston x2 - Mid range, above average P+S melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Marauder
Comparison to Mk2
- Increased MAT
- Siege Weapon is more useful.
Marauder in a nutshell
Marauder is among the least complex warjacks in the faction. Beside the typical Khadorian jack stat-line, it has two, average P+S attacks. What makes it great, is its combo smite, which will send smaller, or equal-based targets flying, and deals massive damage on huge based models.
Combo Smite has some extreme damage potential. An effective P+S 20 it rivals the Macropummeler of the Inverter, with the added effect of slamming the target away. With boosted damage rolls (and with a well-placed wall, or other model to slam upon), it can badly maul heavies, and severely threaten even warcasters. The 2017 FAQ changed the wording of Siege Weapon, so it can severely hurt Gargantuans and Colossals too.
Combos & Synergies
The Marauder hunts mainly heavies, and with its above-average MAT it often spares the need to boost the attack roll. Usually, the Power-up focus is all that it needs for a good combo-smite. Apart of that, casters, who can speed it up, or give it free charge, will get even more mileage out of it.
- Casters with Superiority - Irusk1 or Strakhov.
- Butcher 1 - Full Throttle guarantees hits even against elusive targets, while an additional die on the damage rolls can mean death sentence for nearly anything.
- "Jack Casters" - Karchev and Harkevich, both offer quite a lot for melee capable, tough jacks, especially SPD buff.
- Marshalling - it cannot use the drive of the Man-o-War Konvnik, but the other marshal bonuses are pretty nice.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Anything that restricts special attacks, will severely decrease its offensive capability.
- It lacks Follow-up, so if you slam away the target, you'll probably need other units to finish the job, if the target is not dead.
- One of the few Khadorian, non-Berserker jacks that lacks open fist. Occasionally you'll wish you had one.
Tricks & Tips
- With the 2017 errata, power attacks against your own models are forbidden. However, combo smite is not a combo attack (despite slamming your target away), so you can still quasi-slam your own figures to knock down enemy targets with collateral damage.
- Combo Smite is not a chain attack, so even if one of your weapon system is crippled, you can still do it.
- Look for walls, or other enemy models to slam the target for the extra damage die.
- Do your math - often you'll be better off with your basic attacks against Gargossals, than with combo smite.
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other faction models