House Shyeel has brought the power of its formidable myrmidons to the Retribution, fighting machines enhanced by sophisticated arcanika systems. The Manticore is equally as formidable in melee or at range, thanks to kinetically augmented attacks and its Cyclone Cannon.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Manticore
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Retribution models
- 5 Rules Clarifications
|Relative Cost||Below Average|
Weapons and Attacks
- Cyclone Cannon - Ranged weapon, Moderate range, Moderate POW, Variable ROF
- Saber Fist x2 - Melee weapon, Short range, Moderate P+S.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Force Generator and can't attack with the Cyclone Cannon or use Covering Fire.
- Force Generator - This model can spend a focus to gain a significant boost to its STR.
Thoughts on Manticore
Comparison to Mk2
- Cyclone Cannon ROF was changed from 3 to variable
- Lost Combo Strike
- Slightly less expensive compared to it's Mk2 version
- Covering Fire changed from a AoE to a wall template
Manticore in a nutshell
The Manticore's Cyclone Cannon can be used while closing the gap with the enemy. Being able to shoot down incoming troops or lay down covering fire to protect against them gives it utility. It's Force Generator ability can give it the damage potential it needs to take down enemy jacks.
Combos & Synergies
- Since he has a low amount of attacks and already has great P+S, the manticore scales better off free charges and additional attacks (like Cleave or anciliary attack) than off additional P+S bonuses like Scything touch.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- While it sport impressive melee P+S, the focus cost of the imprint mean he don't do a lot of attacks, and consequently he tend to do rather less damage than what one could expect. Don't be lured into thinking he can one-round other heavies easily.
- losing either the cortex or the force generator system will heavily cripple his melee ability.
Tricks & Tips
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Retribution models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|