Man-o-War Demolition Corps
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Armed with long-hafted ice mauls that can shatter flesh, bone, and steel like glass, the Man-O-War Demolition Corps can deliver destruction to the enemy with devastating ease. Fearless in their heavy steam-powered armor, the Demolition Corps all but ignore incoming fire as they reduce enemy soldiers, warjacks, and fortifications to shards of icy shrapnel with each swing of their mighty, freezing hammers.
In another life, Dragos Dragodovich may have been one of the foremost manhunters to emerge from the forests of Skirov or a barbarian warlord with thousands of warriors sworn to him. Born in a modest trapping village, his youth was spent defending his family’s homestead from wild beasts. Dragos had never even seen a city until his conscription, at which point his size and ferocity let him easily qualify as a Man-O-War. Unlike others of his rank, Dragos does not command a dedicated unit. Instead, he is given special assignments, traveling between Kommands as the war effort demands.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Man-o-War Demolition Corps
- 3 Other
|Man-o-War Demolition Corps|
|Unit Size|| 3 / 5|
|Cost|| 8 / 14|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Leader & Grunts
- Ice Maul (x2) - As above, but double the fun.
- Entire unit
- Dragos only
- He has +1 MAT and CMD
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Bond of Brotherhood (Minifeat) - This model can use Bond of Brotherhood once per game at any time during its unit’s activation. For one round, when a model in this unit is damaged by an enemy attack while in formation, you can choose one or more models in its unit to suffer any amount of that damage instead, divided as you choose. A model cannot suffer more damage as a result of Bond of Brotherhood than it has unmarked damage boxes.
- Granted: Vengeance - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Vengeance. (Vengeance - During your Maintenance Phase, if one or more models in a unit with Vengeance were damaged by enemy attacks during the last round, each model in the unit can advance 3" and make one basic melee attack.)
- Tactics: Defensive Line - The unit gains Defensive Line. (Defensive Line - While base to base with another model in the unit gain a +2 DEF boost in melee and immunity to knockdown.)
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.}}
2018.02 Armored Korps CID
- Week 1. Gained Dragos CA, Points Cost down to 9/15
- Week 2. Demo Corps gained Shatter. Dragos Lost Team Effort and gained Bond of Brotherhood and Shatter
- Week 4. Points reduced to 8/14
Thoughts on Man-o-War Demolition Corps
Man-o-War Demolition Corps in a nutshell
A tough, slow infantry unit that hits like a ton of bricks. Unlike the other two Man-0-War units, these guys are focused purely on melee and are rewarded by hitting harder than most of the light warjacks and beasts out there (which is incredibly hard for infantry). Sadly, that makes their threat range the shortest among their peers, which is not reflected in their cost.
A quick guide for beginners:
- MoW Shocktroopers are your combined arms troops, with shield wall, and some occasional shooting before getting stuck in
- MoW Bombardiers eschew shields for increased ranged threat in forms of grenade launchers (with small AoE), and a less powerful chainsaw with shorter reach
- MoW Demo Corps are pure close combat units, with mauls that can freeze the enemy
Thoughts on adding the CA
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Combos & Synergies
These guys should go after the big games - leave the chaff infantry for the rest of your army. The only thing that sets them apart from the Shocktroopers is the Critical Freeze on their hammer. Anything that can increase their chance for crits, will find them useful (thinking of mainly about Vlad1 and his Hand of Fate)
- Kommander Sorscha deserves a special note here; her feat causes models in her CTRL and LOS to become stationary. And these guys absolutely thresh, mulch, and wreck anything that's stationary thanks to Shatter. This dials them up to 11; they go from nasty to just plain world-ending against anything they charge, as their pow 16 hits like a freight train to the face. With decent dice, you're talking about easily wrecking a couple heavies. Shame gargossals can't be made stationary...
- Man-o-War Kovnik helps to speed them up with Desperate Pace, .
- Battle Mechaniks and their Officer are the only in-faction models, to whom their Repairable rule means anything. There are a few mercenary models too, who can repair your suits (Gobber Tinker, Colbie Sterling or Raluk Moorclaw)
- Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - ideal to clear jamming, light models, as well as providing protection from spells
- Saxon Orrik can give them crucial Pathfinder
- Kozlov - his feat can provide crucial SPD buff, and additional ARM, while engaged.
- Zerkova1 - Ghost Walk can give them surprising mobility through rough terrain, while her feat limits the striking capability of the enemy against them
- Irusk1 can boost them both with Battle Plan, and infantry supporting spells
- Strakhov1 only supports them via Occulation, but his feat allows a crazy charge range for such slow models
- Old Witch1 - she does not boost their SPD per se, but pulling the enemy closer to them with Gallows is just as nice. Also, Pathfinder from Weald Secrets will often come handy.
- All of Vladimir incarnations play nice along with infantries, especially...
- Each Butcher version plays nice along with heavy-hitting models. Fury, and/or the prime and epic incarnation's feat,
as well as Silence of Death from the third can really put their threat to the next level.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Abysmal DEF assures nearly any attack will hit them. On the plus side, you don't have to be afraid of lowering their DEF via spells, like Fury.
- Any speed de-buff will hurt them, and they usually struggle in scenarios. Haley1's Temporal Barrier with the Stormsmith Grenadiers' grenade can shut down their move completely, apart of 3" charges. Also susceptible for pushes, knockdowns, and rough terrain without support.
- Grievous Wounds counter Repair
- Low hitting power against high ARM models, low volume of attacks against infantry swarms. If you take them, think of a method to increase their damage output.
Tricks & Tips
- Use these guys in conjunction with the Shocktroopers - they're the hammer to the Shocktrooper Anvil.
- Main unit released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
- CA released in the Armored Korps CID (2018.02)
Other Khador models
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.