Man-o-War Demolition Corps
Armed with long-hafted ice mauls that can shatter flesh, bone, and steel like glass, the Man-O-War Demolition Corps can deliver destruction to the enemy with devastating ease. Fearless in their heavy steam-powered armor, the Demolition Corps all but ignore incoming fire as they reduce enemy soldiers, warjacks, and fortifications to shards of icy shrapnel with each swing of their mighty, freezing hammers.
|Man-o-War Demolition Corps|
|Cost||9/15||3.0 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Ice Maul - 2" reach, P+S 16 melee weapon.
- Repairable - This model can be repaired as if it were a construct.
Thoughts on Man-o-War Demolition Corps
Man-o-War Demolition Corps in a nutshell
A tough, slow infantry unit that hits like a ton of bricks. Unlike the other two Man-0-War units, these guys are focused purely on melee and are rewarded by hitting harder than most of the light warjacks and beasts out there (which is incredibly hard for infantry). Sadly, that makes their threat range the shortest among their peers, which is not reflected in their cost.
A quick guide for beginners:
- MoW Shocktroopers are your combined arms troops, with shield wall, and some occasional shooting before getting stuck in
- MoW Bombardiers eschew shields for increased ranged threat in forms of grenade launchers (with small AoW), and a less powerful chainsaw with shorter reach
- MoW Demo Corps are pure close combat units, with mauls that can freeze the enemy
Combos & Synergies
These guys should go after the big games - leave the chaff infantry for the rest of your army. The only thing that sets them apart from the Shocktroopers is the Critical Freeze on their hammer. Anything that can increase their chance for crits, will find them useful (thinking of mainly about Vlad1 and his Hand of Fate)
- Man-o-War Kovnik helps to speed them up with Desperate Pace, .
- Battle Mechaniks and their Officer are the only in-faction models, to whom their Repairable rule means anything. There are a few mercenary models too, who can repair your suits (Gobber Tinker, Colbie Sterling or Raluk Moorclaw)
- Orin Midwinter, Rogue Inquisitor - ideal to clear jamming, light models, as well as providing protection from spells
- Saxon Orrik can give them crucial Pathfinder
- Kozlov - his feat can provide crucial SPD buff, and additional ARM, while engaged.
- Zerkova1 - Ghost Walk can give them surprising mobility through rough terrain, while her feat limits the striking capability of the enemy against them
- Irusk1 can boost them both with Battle Plan, and infantry supporting spells
- Strakhov1 only supports them via Occulation, but his feat allows a crazy charge range for such slow models
- Old Witch1 - she does not boost their SPD per se, but pulling the enemy closer to them with Gallows is just as nice. Also, Pathfinder from Weald Secrets will often come handy.
- All of Vladimir incarnations play nice along with infantries, especially...
- Each Butcher version plays nice along with heavy-hitting models. Fury, and/or the prime and epic incarnation's feat,
as well as Silence of Death from the third can really put their threat to the next level.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Abysmal DEF assures nearly any attack will hit them. On the plus side, you don't have to be afraid of lowering their DEF via spells, like Fury.
- Any speed de-buff will hurt them, and they usually struggle in scenarios. Haley1's Temporal Barrier with the Stormsmith Grenadiers' grenade can shut down their move completely, apart of 3" charges. Also susceptible for pushes, knockdowns, and rough terrain without support.
- Grievous Wounds counter Repair
Tricks & Tips
- Use these guys in conjunction with the Shocktroopers - they're the hammer to the Shocktrooper Anvil.
Originally released in Warmachine: Superiority (2006)
- None yet
Other faction models