Each Man-O-War bombardier is a self-contained mobile artillery unit able to devastate an opponent with explosive fire or tear them to pieces with the massive chain blade affixed to his cannon. Girded in steam-powered armor, bombardiers shrug off incoming fire that would cripple or kill a lesser soldier while the shrill, metallic whine of their chain blades announces inexorable destruction to the enemies of Khador.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Man-o-War Bombardiers
- 3 Other
|Cost||10/16||3.2 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Grenade Cannon - 10" range, 3" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Chain Blade - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Repairable - This model can be repaired as if it were a construct.
Thoughts on Man-o-War Bombardiers
Man-o-War Bombardiers in a nutshell
The Bombardiers are a walking artillery battery, lobbing grenades over their Shocktrooper komrades. They have respectable P+S Chainblades with short reach for when they need to get stuck in. For the same cost as a Destroyer, you get 5 AOEs at the same POW, but with considerably less range.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Doing a CRA improves your accuracy and damage, but decreases your AOE coverage.
Tricks & Tips
- For your CRAs and blast damage, remember to half first then add the CRA bonus. So, for instance, a 3-man CRA blast damage is a respectable POW 10! (14/2 + 3 = 10)
Comparison to Mk2
The Bombardiers saw a much-needed buff to their accuracy with the addition of combined ranged attack.
- The rules were published in Forces of Warmachine: Khador (March 2010)
- However it took several years for the physical models to go into mass production.
- The Bombardier Bombshell exclusive model can be used as trooper models. You could even have a whole unit of Bombshells!
- None yet
Other faction models