Each Man-O-War bombardier is a self-contained mobile artillery unit able to devastate an opponent with explosive fire or tear them to pieces with the massive chain blade affixed to his cannon. Girded in steam-powered armor, bombardiers shrug off incoming fire that would cripple or kill a lesser soldier while the shrill, metallic whine of their chain blades announces inexorable destruction to the enemies of Khador.
|3.2 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Grenade Cannon - 10" range, 3" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Chain Blade - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Repairable - This model can be repaired as if it were a construct.
Thoughts on Man-o-War Bombardiers
Man-o-War Bombardiers in a nutshell
The Bombardiers are a walking artillery battery, lobbing grenades over their Shocktrooper komrades. They have respectable P+S Chainblades with short reach for when they need to get stuck in, and they have a decent MAT and decent toughness with their high ARM and 8 health boxes. In short they can do something against just about any foe.
Combos & Synergies
- Man-o-War Shocktroopers to take the charge. It's a wave of iron.
- Man-o-War Kovnik gives extra threat range with desperate pace.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Small AoEs will only ever hit one target at a time if the enemy is careful unless they either miss or the enemy is in shield wall/defensive line.
- Doing a CRA improves your accuracy and damage, but decreases your AOE coverage.
- A Destroyer is tougher, can boost, out-threats them, and is cheaper than a full unit (but can't spam AoEs.
- Expensive on a per model basis
- They are jacks of all trades and masters of none. Mediocre threat range, small AoEs.
- ARM 16 and 8 wounds gets mauled by most charging infantry and swatted by heavies. They aren't as tough as they look on paper.
Tricks & Tips
- For your CRAs and blast damage, remember to half first then add the CRA bonus. So, for instance, a 3-man CRA blast damage is a respectable POW 10! (14/2 + 3 = 10)
- The rules were published in Forces of Warmachine: Khador (March 2010)
- However it took several years for the physical models to go into mass production.
- The Bombardier Bombshell exclusive model can be used as trooper models. You could even have a whole unit of Bombshells!
Other Khador models