Skorne Gargantuan Warbeast
Mammoths reign as some of the most destructive creatures known to the skorne. In addition to their raw power and aggressive disposition, their size and strength enable them to carry immense ordnance into battle. When commanded by a skorne warlock, the great beasts can lay down an earth-shattering fusillade capable of annihilating fortifications or smash through enemy formations with their deadly war gauntlets and tusks.
|Skorne Gargantuan Warbeast|
Siege Battery - ranged - RNG 12 ROF d3+1 AOE 3 POW 15 - The cannons it has on its back.
War Gauntlet x2 - RNG 2 P+S 19 - The primary melee weapons - one left arc, one right. Very hard hitting
Tusks - melee - RNG 2 P+S 18 - It can hit targets in either arc, which is nice
- Critical Pitch - Equal and smaller-based models critically hit by this weapon can be thrown d6" directly away from this model. The model thrown does not deviate. Collateral damage POW is equal to the STR of this model.
- Gargantuan - Gargantuans are giant warbeasts, even bigger and stompier than normal. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Assault - This model may make a ranged attack as part of its charge.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
Counterblast - Cost 1
- When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within the caster's CMD range, the caster can make one basic melee or ranged attack targeting that model, then Counterblast expires. Counterblast lasts for one round.
Analysis of the Mammoth
Mammoth in a nutshell
It's an oversized Titan carrying an artillery battery. What's not to love?
Combos & Synergies
- Paingiver Beast Handlers - fury management and to buff its strength to insane levels.
- Agonizer - As ever the Agonizer makes bricks shine.
- Venator Slingers - Those guns need all the help hitting you can give them.
- Basilisk Krea Paralyzing a model so you only miss on snake eyes really helps.
- Extoller Soulward - any shooter is helped by Eyeless Sight
Drawbacks and downsides
- One big target that the enemy will want to debuff
- Rolling a 1 or 2 for ROF sucks
Tricks and Tactics
- Absurd threat range - especially if you can somehow set up an easy target. A paralyzed or knocked down caster is a dead caster.
- Counterblast is rarely very good, but it give you a chance at a critical pitch on a would-be attacker. Some warlocks can also love it; namely Morghoul 2 (blind on hit before the attacker even does a single attack), Zaal 1 (his eye can hit hard enough to remove an aspect), or Xerxis 2 (knockdown on hit)
- That gun is for smashing hard targets. If you can flatten their DEF, hard targets includes casters. It does not normally include hard to hit targets.
Changes from Mk2
Little change. Instead of having to buy its extra attacks up to 3 it now gets between 2 and 4. It gained a little range (but Far Strike is no longer an animus the Raider can give it), and its AoE went down to 3
Theme Forces this is a member of
Themes for generic warbeasts (Edit)
- Disciples of Agony - (Article) (Category)
- Imperial Warhost - (Article) (Category)
- The Exalted - (Article) (Category)
- Winds of Death - (Article) (Category)