Mercenary Llaelese Trencher Solo
A natural survivor and ruthless pragmatist, the man known as Gibbs is as capable on the battlefield as any professional soldier. As a cook in a Cygnaran trencher company, Gibbs was stranded behind enemy lines and was forced to adapt to survive. Wearing the uniform of a dead officer, he introduced himself not as a cook but as Trencher Major Harrison Gibbs and has become a vital member of the Llaelese Resistance.
|Major Harrison Gibbs|
Weapons and Attacks
- Military Rifle - 10" range ranged weapon wit 2 attack types.
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Rifle Shot- allows it to shoot as normal
- Rifle Grenade - The attack gains a small AOE and does average POW blast damage to all models hit.
- Club - 0,5" range, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Critical Brutal Damage - On a critical hit, gain an additional die on this weapon's damage rolls against the target directly hit.
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar.
- Partisan (Cygnar) - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Hotmeal Once per game this model can remove all damage from Friendly Faction warrior models near it.
- Leadership (Llaelese) - Llaelese in this model's CMD range gain Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells. and Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends..
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
Thoughts on Major Harrison Gibbs
Major Harrison Gibbs in a nutshell
Has your warcaster just done that "Hold my beer, I got this" moment...and the game is still going? Gibbs' culinary talent is here to give you a fighting chance against the retaliation, especially if the damage was self-inflicted.
Major Gibbs is a buffer for the Llaelese Resistance - a forthcoming theme force that promises to make him much more useful (for anyone not using Stryker2).
Combos and Synergies
- Anyone Llaelese. Especially anyone with tough. Not that it's not already useful.
- Ragman can typically struggle to apply Death Field at times. Gaining Reposition means that he can be slapping Dark Shroud on a model 12" away.
- Warcasters or units that are prone to taking damage as part of their play style or abilities. (Lord Commander Stryker being especially notable).
- Warcasters with Revive or similar abilities who are using multiple damage box units, such as cavalry.
- For example, with a huge investment of Focus, Major Prime Victoria Haley can bring 3 Storm Lances back into play. Gibbs can then heal every single one.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- A Trencher Infantry Grenadier is as useful in combat and half his cost. He can't even dig in or advance deploy (although he has hit boxes) - so if you aren't taking him to buff Llaelese or heal your caster you shouldn't take him at all.
Tricks & Tips
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies (requires a 2+ caster game):
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)