Major Harrison Gibbs
Major Harrison Gibbs
A natural survivor and ruthless pragmatist, the man known as Gibbs is as capable on the battlefield as any professional soldier. As a cook in a Cygnaran trencher company, Gibbs was stranded behind enemy lines and was forced to adapt to survive. Wearing the uniform of a dead officer, he introduced himself not as a cook but as Trencher Major Harrison Gibbs and has become a vital member of the Llaelese Resistance.
|Major Harrison Gibbs|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW (★) gun.
- Club - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Mercenary - will work as a Cygnar Partisan .
- Partisan [Cygnar] - When included in a Cygnar army, this model/unit is a Cygnar model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model can immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Hot Meal (Minifeat) - Once per game, during his activation, Gibbs can remove all damage from all friendly living warrior Faction models in his CMD range.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Leadership [Llaelese] - Friendly Llaelese warrior models in this model's CMD range gain Feign Death and Reposition [3"]. (Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.) (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
Thoughts on Major Harrison Gibbs
Major Harrison Gibbs in a nutshell
Gibbs does wonders for Llaelese models (especially the Llaelese warcasters) and can swing games with his ability to completely heal warrior models in his CMD range. He is often seen with Stryker2 because of his heal. He is integral to any Llaelese Resistance army and should be taken before anything else, even the caster.
Combos and Synergies
- Anyone Llaelese. Especially anyone with tough.
- Ragman can struggle to apply Death Field at times. Gaining Reposition 3" means that he can be slapping Dark Shroud on a model 12" away.
- Warcasters or units that are prone to taking damage as part of their play style or abilities. (Lord Commander Stryker being especially notable).
- Warcasters with Revive or similar abilities who are using multiple damage box units, such as cavalry.
- For example, with a huge investment of Focus, Major Prime Victoria Haley can bring 3 Storm Lances back into play. Gibbs can then heal every single one.
- Reposition 3" allows Gorman to back out of his cloud. With the release of Llaelese Resistance, he also allows Trencher Infantry to back out of their clouds, which is naturally quite powerful and makes him the first solo taken in many a Llaelese Resistance army.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- A Trencher Infantry Grenadier is as useful in combat and half his cost. He can't even dig in or advance deploy (although he has hit boxes) - so if you aren't taking him to buff Llaelese or heal your caster you shouldn't take him at all.
Tricks & Tips
- His Leadership only applies to warrior models, not to the Vanguard.
- Take Drake Macbain, feat on Steelhead Heavy Cavalry, Gibbs and Boomhowler and run them at the enemy to block their path. Stand them up with Boomhowler and heal all the damage with Gibbs
- Take Exemplar Bastions in the Llaelese theme force and heal them after they spread the damage around with Sanguine Bond.
The name Gibbs is old English slang for a pet cat (because so many people named their cats Gibson for some reason) and the Major has a cat.
It's hinted that Gibbs might in fact have the Wilding (natural magic, like that used be Circle Orboros) which takes the form of magic healing food and an affinity for animals.
|Mercenary|| Cygnar (Edit)
Note: When taken in Gravediggers or Heavy Metal, Harrison doesn't count against your "Up to one Merc solo" limit
Other Faction models