A theorist and unconventional freethinker, Helynna has dedicated her life to the advancement of myrmidon technology. The affinity that exists between her and the arcanikal constructs she commands transcends the normal bond between warcaster and myrmidon, a culmination of her understanding of the inner workings of these machines. Viewing each battle as an experiment, Helynna delights in sending Shyeel myrmidons crashing into enemy lines and unleashing their potential as only she can.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Magister Helynna
- 3 Other
Weapons & Attacks
- Redirection Blast - Ranged weapon with long range & low POW.
- Redirection - Melee weapon with long reach & low P+S
- Damage Type: Magical - As above
- Force Grip - As above
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Repair (★ Action) - This model can remove a small amount of damage from a construct model in B2B.
- Deceleration - Friendly Faction models gain an ARM bonus against ranged and magic attacks while within spellcaster's control range.
- Force Strike - Average range, average damage magic attack that causes knockdown on a critical hit.
- Hand of Destruction - Battlegroup models get an additional die on attack & damage rolls against target model or unit. Discard lowest die on each roll.
- Obliteration - High cost, long range, high POW offensive spell with a large AOE effect.
- Rhythm of War - Warjacks in battlegroup get to advance a short distance after all friendly models finish their activation.
- Arcantrik Aptitude - Remove all damage from warjack's force fields in Helynna's CTRL range; and all friendly Faction models gain an ARM buff and ignore crippled systems.
Thoughts on Magister Helynna
Magister Helynna in a nutshell
She is the ultimate Jack master, I'm pretty sure she wants to be the elf version of Karchev the Terrible. Two of her spells are specifically meant for her battlegroup and affects all of them. Deceleration also works on them and makes them an untouchable delivery system, you might as well paint them with the UPS symbol on the ones in her battle group. After they have fought for a minute then she can feat and well, if you didn't finish them off when you had the chance you're gonna wish you did.
Typical Army & Strategy
Her main win condition is ... Placeholder.
Jacks . . . anything else is something extra to screen yourself or just to use as a toolbox.
- Discordia - with this beautiful character jack and its imprint you just have a brick wall of Griffins or Dawnguard with Deceleration added on and you'll get an armor bonus against ranged that Khador would be jealous of.
- Chimera - arc nodes are nice, added with the fact that the Chimera isn't that bad in combat and with the fact that Helynna's Rhythm of War can help him move at the end of a turn, along with Apparition at the beginning of a turn makes him a deceptively mobile jack.
- Griffon - they are a brick wall and an amazing jack for all intents and purposes gonna clog up anything you want. With feat turn you now have a lot of cheap unbreakable jacks.
- Sylys Wyshnalyrr - as Helynna you are a spell slinger or at least throwing focus every which way to keep your machines working at full capacity, so it's nice to have someone watch your back and give you a little help with that.
- Dawnguard - of any kind are worth taking, they give themselves easy armor, and they can deal decent damage from either end of the spectrum. Invictors are wonderful even with the short-ish range they have because they can and will survive most infantry based shooting. The sentinels are great at getting where they need to go because their armor can get to terrifyingly high levels with Helynna sticking around.
Drawbacks, Downsides, & Bad Match-Ups
- Focus, she is very focus hungry running all those jacks and keeping up with her spells.
- She has no support for troops aside from deceleration so if you take units or solos take the ones that are self sufficient or ones that support jacks.
- Never leave her alone, if you find her without an Aspis or something to guard that sweet, sweet bald head of hers she will die in combat. The most she can do to save herself is push things 3" out of the way but if nothing is there to take whatever is threatening her off her mind then she will surely fall.
- Just like with Darius' or Absylonia1's feat, smart enemies won't leave many half-wrecked battlegroup members around for you.
Tricks and Tips
- None yet
Retribution of Scyrah Models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|