Madrak Ironhide, World Ender
Madrak knew that the cursed weapon Rathrok would destroy him, but he willingly took it up to save his people. Now the ancient axe threatens to overwhelm him. Though it wins Madrak victory after victory, Rathrok's grim power condemns those the chieftain would save. Madrak sees no other hope for his people's survival, however, even though those he protects have come to call Madrak the "World Ender".
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Analysis of Madrak Ironhide, World Ender
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Trollbloods Models
|Madrak Ironhide, World Ender|
Weapons and Attacks
- Thrown Rathrok - Short range, high POW.
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Grievous Wounds - Models hit by this weapon lose tough and can't have damage removed for a round. Massive model are immune.
- Rathrok's Awakening - Each time this weapon destroys a living enemy model, Madrak gains 1 fury point.
- Thrown - If this model has a STR buff/debuff, it is added to the POW of this weapon.
- Rathrok - Long handled hard hitting axe.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Field Marshal [Relentless Charge] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Relentless Charge.
- Grim Salvation - If this model is hit by a basic attack, it can redirect the hit to a nearby friendly warrior.
- Relentless Charge - This model gains Pathfinder while it is charging.
- Blood Fury - Target friendly faction warrior model/unit rolls one more die on melee damage rolls but incurs a defense penalty.
- Eruption - COST 3, Range 8, POW14, AOE3 offensive spell. Causes Fire Damage. The AOE is a cloud effect and hazard that remains in play for one round. Models entering/ending their activation in the AOE take an unboostable POW14 fire damage roll.
- Warpath - Each time friendly faction models in the spellcaster's CTRL destroy one or more enemy models with an attack during their activations, a warbeast in the caster's battlegroup in CTRL may advance a limited distance once a turn.
Feat: Desperate Hour
Friendly faction non-warlock models in his control area gain Overtake and Berserk.(Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1". Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.)
Analysis of Madrak Ironhide, World Ender
Madrak Ironhide, World Ender in a nutshell
Madrak Ironhide, World Ender is considered one of the Trollblood's best warlocks - and one of the best infantry warlocks in the game. He helps his troops and is possibly the only troll warlock with a good infantry damage buff. Without the ability to keep moving on feat turn he's no longer as crushingly powerful as he was, but is still more than solid.
Common army selection
- Faction models with RNG 2 melee weapons are typically preferred to aid with the Desperate Hour annihilation.
- Trollkin Fennblades have a long reach and can make quite a mess under Blood Fury.
- Fell Caller Hero - a to hit buff makes his feat much scarier.
- Trollkin Warders have reach and can keep shooting away from any warlock who plays forward.
- Troll Bouncer even more than most of the time is great all round and gains from his feat.
- Troll Axer can bolster the already impressive threat range of Madrak's beasts.
- Dire Troll Bomber and Stone Scribe Elder can bring his Thrown Rathrok to a more respectable range and slightly better P+S.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Can be crushingly good in beginner vs beginner games
- Runs far more infantry than anyone else wants - making him expensive and a pain to take as one of two lists.
- Low fury and nothing to help him run a big battlegroup.
Tricks and Tactics
- Do not use his feat for the Alpha Strike - the infantry's normally too spread out for it to help. Instead use it the next turn to crush the enemy.
- Spell Cycle for all you are worth - start with Blood Fury on one unit, have it charge in, then cast it on another before it charges in.
Changes from Mk2
Errata: His feat no longer affects him so the area is limited and he can't solo an army, powering up as he goes
Other Trollbloods Models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|