With the Mad Dog trampling forward to crush enemies with bloodthirsty glee, these warjacks are far from obsolete on the modern battlefield.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Hammer Spike (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Fleet - Once per activation, this model can spend 1 focus point to gain +2" movement when advancing as part of its Normal Movement that activation.
- Smasher - This model can Trample without spending focus/fury. Also, it gains an extra 1d6 on trample attack rolls.
- Unstable - This model might explode at the end of its activation if it spent 2 or more focus. Roll a d6 at the end of the turn, if the result is equal or less than the focus spent, it explodes. The explosion deals a POW 14 blast damage roll to models within 3". This model is removed from play.
2016.06 Mk2 to Mk3
- No real change
- Points cost increase, because spamming them was too powerful (especially with Karchev). It is now the cost of an expensive light warjack, rather than a cheap one. Jury-Rigged was replaced with Fleet.
Thoughts on Mad Dog
Mad Dog in a nutshell
It's a cheap heavy. And it tramples. Good against pesky small infantry.
Combos & Synergies
- Butcher1 can grant it boosted melee attack rolls thanks to Full Throttle. Tramples with 4D6 attack roll can hit pretty much any small based model on an average roll, on this side of Iron Fleshed Kayazy Eliminators in melee. And anyone under ARM 18 will feel the pain.
- Irusk1 can hand it Superiority to make sure it can land some hits.
- Karchev the Terrible
- Road to War will get the Mad Dog up the field much faster in the early turns,
- Sorscha1's feat will enable you to trample the Mad Dog through a crowd of models you'll automatically hit.
- Vlad1, 2 and 3 all have ways to make it more accurate via Signs & Portents or Hand of Fate.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- If there's nothing to Trample, it will be very confused. And of course it is a Berserker variant which means its pretty weak and fragile for a heavy. There's a reason why it is the cheapest jack for khador (together with the Berserker).
Tricks & Tips
- With Power Up and Smasher, it probably never has to test for Unstable.
This entry can be found in Warmachine: Reckoning (2015)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models