With the Mad Dog trampling forward to crush enemies with bloodthirsty glee, these warjacks are far from obsolete on the modern battlefield.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Hammer Spike (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapons.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Jury-Rigged (SPD) - At the start of this models activation it can gain a bonus to SPD but suffers damage to its Movement system at the end of its activation. It can't use this ability if its Movement system is crippled.
- Smasher - This model can Trample without spending focus/fury. Also, it gains an extra 1d6 on trample attack rolls.
- Unstable - This model might explode at the end of its activation if it spent 2 or more focus, and the more you spend the more the probability increases. The explosion deals high POW damage to nearby models.
2016.06 Mk2 to Mk3
- No real change
- Points cost increase, because spamming them was too powerful (especially with Karchev). It is now the cost of an expensive light warjack, rather than a cheap one.
Thoughts on Mad Dog
Mad Dog in a nutshell
It's a cheap heavy. And it tramples. Good against pesky small infantry.
Combos & Synergies
- Butcher1 can grant it boosted melee attack rolls thanks to Full Throttle. Tramples with 4D6 attack roll can hit pretty much any small based model on an average roll, on this side of Iron Fleshed Kayazy Eliminators in melee. And anyone under ARM 18 will feel the pain.
- Irusk1 can hand it Superiority to make sure it can land some hits.
- Karchev the Terrible
- Road to War will get the Mad Dog up the field much faster in the early turns,
- Unearthly Rage makes this warjack just about the most effecient thing in the universe, and its suicide run all the more devastating with the extra focus being perfect for Jury-Rigged and two more fully boosted melee attacks before Unstable possibly goes off.
- Sorscha1's feat will enable you to trample the Mad Dog through a crowd of models you'll automatically hit.
- Vlad1, 2 and 3 all have ways to make it more accurate via Signs & Portents or Hand of Fate.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- If there's nothing to Trample, it will be very confused. And of course it is a Berserker variant which means its pretty weak and fragile for a heavy. There's a reason why it is the cheapest jack for khador (yes cheaper than the beserker).
Tricks & Tips
- With Power Up and Smasher, it probably never has to test for Unstable.
This entry can be found in Warmachine: Reckoning (2015)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
Other faction models
|Khador - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winter Guard Kommand|