Mercenary Privateer Solo Character
| Rockbottom1 |
Mercenary Privateer Solo
Weapons and Attacks
- Fire Breather - 8" spray, POW 12 gun
- Damage Type: Fire - This weapon does fire damage.
- Continuous Fire - A model hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll in Maintenance phase of owner's turn until the fire expires.
- Cutlass - 0,5" range, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar, Cryx, Khador, and the Protectorate
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Coin He has more CMD when he has more coins remaining, increasing the range of his Paymaster abilities.
- Sea Dog Paymaster - This model starts the game with 5 coins. Once per activation it can spend one or more coins to give an Incentive to a nearby unit with the relevant subtype. A unit can only have one Incentive a turn.
- Money Shot - Affected models gain +2 to ranged attack and ranged damage rolls for one turn.
- Payday - Affected models gain boosted melee attack rolls and Overtake.
- Walk It Off - Affected models gain Tough.
Thoughts on Lord Rockbottom
Lord Rockbottom in a nutshell
Rockbottom's coins really help the merc shooting game and frequently help the merc melee game. He's one of the support solos.
Combos and Synergies
He's a Privateer who supports Sea Dog units or models.
- Sea Dog Pirates are the normal thing you take him with to make Pirates actually good. He gives them tough, lets them actually hit at range, and also gives them Overtake to use their second melee attack.
- The Commodore Cannon & Crew love Money Shot, as does the Sea Dog Deck Gun.
- The Devil's Shadow Mutineers love Money Shot as well as Pay Day.
- Bloody Bradigan - this should not be plan A. But the Berserk and Overtake combination on a flanking weapon master can clear a lot of infantry. Mar from the Devil's Shadow can do the same.
- Press Gangers enjoy Payday for setting up Gang opportunities. But this is again not plan A with him.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He only has five coins and is very mediocre when they are gone. This is probably enough for two units at once.
Tricks & Tips
- Keep him out of harms way until he's out of money.
Changes from Mk2
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)