|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
"The noble is a fool, who would accept this spider’s duel."
To all the wastrel nobles in the Iron Kingdoms, Lord Longfellow is a terrifying specter. With stunning accuracy, this arachnoid gentleman guns down those audacious enough to hold themselves in higher regard than their fellows, serving as a not-so-gentle reminder of one’s place in the world.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Duelling Pistol (x2) - 10" range, POW 10 guns.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Circular Vision - Models never gain a back strike bonus against this model.
- Finisher - This model gains an additional die on damage rolls against damaged models.
- Fortune Hunter - Longfellow gains an additional die on its ranged attack and damage rolls vs character models.
- Reciprocate - When this model is missed by an enemy ranged attack, immediately afterwards it can make one basic ranged attack against the attacking model.
- Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack is resolved it can advance up to 2".
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
Thoughts on Lord Longfellow
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Lord Longfellow in a nutshell
Ranged combat solo that wants to kill off characters and especially casters. He is accurate enough to threat high DEF-low ARM casters, and thanks to his special rules, his attacks are strong enough to deal with low DEF-high ARM casters, if they are already damaged.
Combos & Synergies
Lord Longfellow can operate quite well on his own, however, some models can get extra mileage out of him:
- Glimmer Imp - Scoop + Blind + Paralyzing Gaze + Black Penny + Finisher = very dead targets. Its rare that you need the debuff from glimmer imp however as rat 7 with fortune hunter is exceptionally accurate against characters.
- The Dreamer - Standing in her Artifice of Deviation template gives you a near-unassailable DEF20 against ranged attacks, whereas you can shoot back with Reciprocate. A small Phantasm with the Mark Target will make you all the more accurate. Still beware blasts and auto hitting abilities like electro leap or ashes to ashes. Longfellows low armour means he will go down very easily
- Longfellow appreciates buffs to his gun. Old witch3, The Heretic and King of Nothing can all swing his damage by 2. Against an armor 20 character jack this will average out 12 damage or two full columns of a grid. Against standard character models that are not casters this is overkill usually.
- Though you probably won't bring a Cage Rager for the sole purpose of supporting Longfellow, he really likes its Wraithbane animus.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Rather expensive
- Only defense is DEF, and is high on the target list
- Does little to infantry, jacks, or beasts.
- Ranged attack denial tricks make him completely harmless.
Tricks and Tips
- Lord Longfellow is an assassin; against a wounded caster he's effectively RAT 10.5 POW 17 thanks to the combination of extra dice.
- "Characters" include not only casters and named solos, but also character jacks and named models in character units - basically anything with FA:C on their card.
- Note: Many character units contain models that aren't characters. For instance the Grunts in Boomhowlers, and everyone in Croe's.
- Finisher and Fortune Hunter extends to all of your attacks, including free strikes.
- Use Black Penny to unjam important models
- You can make only a single attacks per Reciprocate, but there's no limit how many times you can use that.
- Things that stop him from from operating at peak efficiency:
- Terrain - he has no pathfinder, and doesn't ignore concealment/cover
- Stealth/Smoke/Cloud and intervening models - he can't ignore any of them
- Ranged attack denial (Countermeasure, Swamp Pit and the like)
- Enemy upkeeps - notably Arcane Shield, Blur, Roots of the Earth, Iron Flesh, and many more.
- Models with Tough, Sucker!, Sacrificial Pawn and Shield Guard
Originally released in the Grymkin CID (2017.03)
Other Grymkin models
|Warlocks|| The Child - The Dreamer - The Heretic - The King of Nothing - The Wanderer - Old Witch 3|
|Light Warbeasts||Frightmare - Gorehound - Rattler|
|Heavy Warbeasts||Cage Rager - Skin & Moans|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Dread Rots - Hollowmen - Mad Caps - Murder Crows - Neigh Slayers - Piggybacks |
|Solos|| Cask Imp - Glimmer Imp - Gremlin Swarm - Trapperkin - Witchwood |
Lady Karianna Rose - Lord Longfellow
|Battle Engines||Death Knell|
|Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||Eilish Garrity, the Occultist|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
Missing the Attack Roll
Gunfighter + an AOE weapon
Gunfighter + a spray weapon
Units of Gunfighters