Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad
Koslov is a man at home in the harsh northern reaches of Khador, a landscape dominated by ice and snow. His family has a long history of service to the Iron Fangs, and Kozlov himself underwent the demanding training regimen of that distinguished fighting tradition. His warcaster talent and combat prowess make him a great asset to the Khadoran military, but his heart remains with the people of his ancestral home. Walking the line between his obligations to the Khadoran Army and his duties as a noble is difficult, but Kozlov’s loyalty to the Motherland is unquestionable.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Great Axe - 2" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Precision Strike - When this model damages a warjack or warbeast with a melee attack, choose which column or branch suffers the damage.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
- Avalanche - Average range and POW, medium AOE that also causes knockdown on a critical.
- Chosen Ground - Upkeep which grants battlegroup models in Kozlov's CTRL area Pathfinder and Steady. (Steady - This model can't be knocked down.)
- Fury - COST 2, Range 6", Upkeep
- Affected friendly model/unit gains +3 STR and -1 DEF.
- Razor Wind - COST 2, Range 10, POW12 offensive spell.
- Tactical Supremacy - Low cost upkeep spell which grants target friendly faction model/unit Reposition. (Reposition [_"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to _", then its activation ends.)
Feat : Onrush
Friendly Faction models in Kozlov's CTRL range gain +2 SPD and Unyielding for one round. (Unyielding - When this model engages an enemy it gains +2 ARM.)
Thoughts on Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad
Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad in a nutshell
Typical Strategy & Army
His main method of winning is ...Placeholder.
For example: "using her feat turn to get a melee/ranged/spell assassination" "attrition then win on scenario" "board control then win on scenario" "sending a jack in, to beat the enemy warcaster's face into pulp" "etc"
He is able to support a wide variety of lists, with 2 speed buffs (Tactical Supremacy and his feat) a damage buff (Fury), access to pathfinder and surprisingly tough with good defensive stats and steady while able to mix it up in combat when needed with his axe.
I would suggest a combined arms approach, A couple units and a few jacks.
With Chosen Ground upkept all game so your jacks just do not care about terrain. He lacks a to hit buff, so look more to units that hit well on their own Doom Reaver Swordsmen or Great Bears of the Gallowswood and support that can help with this, i.e. Greylord Ternion, Koldun Lord
Man of War work well with him, especially the shock troopers as he brings a number of speed buffs. Being able to shield march up 9"(4" base+2" desperate pace+ 3" Reposition) with out the feat gets them right up the board and then when in position swap to fury and really bring the pain as each one will swing at PoW 17 (18 on the CA).
Drawbacks, Downsides, & Bad Match-Ups
His main down side is he is a bit straight forward. He has some of the hitting power of The Butcher, some of the support of Irusk, some of the jack support of Harkevich. But they can all do their respective stchik better. He's a jack of all trades, master of none, but better than a master of one.
Tricks & Tips
- Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad is the battlebox caster for Khador
- Originally released in Prime Mk3 (2016) [Verification needed]
Other Khador models
|Khador - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Winter Guard Kommand|