An eccentric monster hunter from the swamp, the gatorman Longchops has earned a name for himself in the wilds of western Immoren. Constantly seeking larger and deadlier prey to pit himself against, Longchops carries a heavy rifle and a wide array of snares and traps, having adapted the techniques of humans in his search for the perfect prey.
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Heavy Rifle - 12" range, POW 14 gun
- Bite - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and as a Trollblood minion
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Template:Cover Tracks - If he kills something with his gun, he can use his Trapper ability
- Template:Head Shot - If he kills something with his gun, the target cannot make a Tough roll and is removed from play.
- Trapper [4"] (★ Action) - Place a 4" AOE B2B with this model. The AOE lasts for one round. Living/undead models entering or ending activation inside suffer a POW 10 damage roll and knockdown, unless they have flight.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
Thoughts on Longchops
Longchops in a nutshell
You get two things for 5 points- an advance deploying gun with decent pow, and area denial. While the Pow 10 will only kill infantry, the Knockdown upon entering stops many heavies dead in their tracks.
Combos & Synergies
Bloody Barnabas can make it impossible to target him with Ranged Attacks by using Swamp Pit. Longchops however cannot trigger warpath with his gun due to remove from play effect being non optional.
Bog Trog Mist Speaker can offer him eyeless sight and magical weapons if he needs either to shoot a vulnerable target
Maelok the Dreadbound Offers him additional armor just for being in his control range when hes using Death Pact, and even further armor from the feat. Longchops also appreciates Mortality to assist him in shooting certain targets such as Warcasters
Jaga-Jaga, the Death Charmer offers him signs and portents to assist in his turn to turn shooting
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Against steady or flight his trap can be very ineffective.
- He has no way to deal with stealth
- at 5 boxes 12/16 he is fairly squishy to anything above a pow 10.
- A whiffed gunshot can result in no trap. It requires both a hit, and a kill, to place the trap after firing
- For non minion factions, he is competing to be the only minion solo allowed in your theme force. This means he's up against stiff competition such as Orin Midwinter, or Eilish Garrity
- His gun has a non optional remove from play. This means it will never trigger effects that require "Destroyed" such as Warpath
Tricks & Tips
- Pathfinder and Repo3 means he can emerge from a forest, take a shot, lay down his trap and slink back into the forest out of line of sight.
- The remove from play effect on his gun can be quite strong against some models. Notably it denies souls, corpses, and sometimes it breaks models, such as ruining Deathbound if he hits the leader.
- Place a trap in front of your vulnerable heavy or caster against non steady foes. Nothing can reach them without suffering a potential knockdown and having their activation end.
- Don't be afraid to use him to clear troops too. Not every activation has to be shooting key solos.
- If you really need his trap down to deny an area, weigh up the need to take a shot with his gun. A miss will result in no trap. Sometimes its better to be safe than to be sorry.
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|