Lieutenant Allison Jakes
A consummate duelist, Lieutenant Allison Jakes moves across the war-torn battlefields of western Immoren with deadly poise, striking down foes and then darting away in preparation for her next attack. She utilizes her arcane abilities to impart the same fluidity of movement to the warjacks in her battlegroup, granting them a burst of speed at the critical moment or imbuing them with the grace of a duelist.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Lieutenant Allison Jakes
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Handcannon - 12" range, POW 12 gun. Good for the occasional potshot, but don't rely on this for your main source of damage.
- Mechanika Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 10
- Duelling Dagger - 0.5" reach, P+S 7
- Damage Type: Magical
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Battlegroup Controller - This model is like a mini-warcaster. It has a FOCUS stat, can buy/boost attacks, cast spells, and control warjacks. It must have at least one warjack in its battlegroup.
- Sprint - If this model destroys or RFPs an enemy in melee during its activation, at the end of its activation it can make a full advance, then its activation ends.
- Energizer - COST 2, RNG SELF
Each model in the spellcaster's battlegroup that is currently in its control range can immediately advance up to 2". Energizer can be cast only once per activation.
- Sidekick - COST 3, RNG 6, UPKEEP
Target warjack in Jake's battlegroup gains +2 DEF and cannot become knocked down or be pushed, placed, or moved by a slam. While B2B with the target model, Jakes gains the same benefits.
Thoughts on Lieutenant Allison Jakes
Lieutenant Allison Jakes in a nutshell
Jakes is a character Journeyman Warcaster - better at running warjacks because she's got more jack spells and a better focus but she doesn't come with the Arcane Shield. Bring her if you want a jack or two outside your caster's battlegroup and that uses focus.
Combos & Synergies
- Keep her far back until the endgame. It's normally easier to kill the Journeyman than the jacks.
- Jakes of course has an extra focus to throw around over a normal Journeyman and some interesting spells - giving her a wider range of jacks.
- The Charger for offensive power is perfect (one focus to the Charger, one to upkeep Sidekick, and one to keep the Journeyman alive) and is the normal jack of choice. She can even run two at once - and sometimes get better shots off thanks to Energizer
- The Sentinel has shield guard - but normally works better with a jack marshal than with a point of focus.
- If you have a Trencher force the Grenadier can be pretty good.
- The Hunter has the most firepower and can stay furthest away from its controller but has none of the tools that can make it shine.
- The Thunderhead may seem like over-mounting a warjack, but it's enough of a ranged jack that she can stay far enough back to be safe, and her mobility gives it some very interesting options.
- Gallant gets some opponents to swear as it's DEF 15 and immune to knockdown under Sidekick
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Doesn't support anything outside her battlegroup
- Kill the Battlegroup Commander, ruin the warjacks
Tricks & Tips
- Keep her back. She can fight as a solo - but should only ever do so once her jack or jacks have been destroyed or if you are going all-in
Comparison to Mk2
She got cheaper
- Jakes is one of the Journeyman Warcasters released as part of the WARMACHINE: Tactics videogame Kickstarter (2014)
- There was a limited edition sculpt available for backers. There is now a non-limited sculpt for general purchase.
- Her rules were published in the Warmachine: Vengeance expansion (2014)
Other faction models