|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The Liberator is a combat light warjack based on the Vanguard chassis. The Liberator serves a role similar to that of a Lancer or Revenger. It should have basic combat abilities and function as a channeler for the Faction. The Liberator’s arc node is abnormal because it is alchemy-based, not the standard technology used by many other militaries. It’s inconsistent Arc Node should be offset by its offensive and defensive capabilities.
Rules subject to change.
This is a new model, and the information here is what was given at the start of the CID cycle
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Shield - 0.5" range, P+S 11 melee weapon.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Thurible - 2" reach, P+S 13 melee weapon.
- Chain Weapon - This weapon ignores Buckler, Shield and Shield Wall.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Arc Node - This model can channel spells cast by its controlling Warcaster.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Ashen Veil - This model has concealment, and living enemy models within 2" suffer -2 to attack rolls, unless they have Fire immunity.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Immunity:Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Experimental Arc Node - This model’s controller can channel spells through it even if it is engaged.
- Node Capacitor - When a spell is channeled through this model, after the spell has been resolved roll a d6. On a 1 or 2, this model suffers 1 damage point to its first available Arc Node system box.
Thoughts on Liberator
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Liberator in a nutshell
The Liberator is a combat light warjack based on the Vanguard chassis that also sports a prototype Arcnode. It has basic combat abilities and pretty good defensive capabilities. The Experimental Arc Node is dangerous, as two bad rolls can unmake its 'A' system. However, we all know how good channelling while engaged is (hi Thorn). You should take the Liberator only if you need the arcnode, as for the same price you get the Vanguard, which is more flexible due to having a gun, Shield Guard, Assault and extra POW on its weapon. On the other hand between a shield and Ashen Veil as light warjacks go it is extremely tough, making it effectively a 15/19 against most shooting and almost all living enemies.
Combos & Synergies
- Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray is the obvious Crucible Guard spellslinger, overdosing on drugs to go to Focus 8.
- Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke has the excellent Jackhammer spell but bringing her near the front lines is risky.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- It's not as expensive as it used to be, but it's hardly cheap for light warjack.
- POW 13 makes it weak into armor so its more of an infantry and cavalry slayer that can help out with Shield Wall/Shield models here and there.
Tricks and Tips
- Thanks to its quirky arcnode you can still charge in, maul what you can AND still channel that spell you wanted on that unit so badly.
Other Crucible Guard models
|Warcasters||Aurum Legate Lukas di Morray - Aurum Adeptus Syvestro - Marshal General Baldwin Gearhart & Mr. Clogg - Aurum Lucanum Athanor Locke - Captain Eira Mackay|
|Warcaster attachments||Aurum Legate Alyce Marc - Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Mercenary) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Liberator - Retaliator - Vanguard||Suppresor - Toro - Vindicator||Vulcan|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Infantry - Assault Troopers - Combat Alchemists - Dragon's Breath Rocket - Rocketmen - Shock Troopers - |
Ranking Officer : Doctor Adolpheus Morely
|Solos|| Rocketman Ace - Mechanik - Trancer|
Prospero - Gorman - Hutchuck
|Battle Engines||Railless Interceptor|
|Primae Materia - Magnum Opus|
Note to self: I need to update this rules section after the CID rules are finalised - juckto.