Theme - Legion of Steel
Khador Theme Force
The brotherhood of the Iron Fangs maintains traditions arising from ancient warriors who battled the beasts of the north armed only with spears and the indomitable courage all true Khadorans possess. Iron Fang assault forces are tasked with breaking enemy lines regardless of whether those lines are composed of towering warjacks or masses of infantry. Surrounding a hard center of warjacks, an Iron Fang legion marches in lockstep behind a wall of shields, supported by swift and brutal cavalry to protect their flanks.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
A Legion of Steel army can only include models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.03
|Khador warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|Iron Fang models/units|
Theme Force Bonuses
- For every full 20 points of Iron Fang models/units in this army, you can add one Iron Fang command attachment or small-based solo to the army free of cost.
- These free models don't count towards that total when calculating when the benefit is applied.
- The Great Bears of the Gallowswood and Iron Fang solos in the army gain [Countercharge. (Countercharge - When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of this model and in its LOS, this model can immediately charge it. This model can use Countercharge only once per round and not while engaged.)
- One small-based Iron Fang unit in the army gains Advance Move. (Advance Move - Before the start of the game but after both players have deployed, a model with Advance Move can make a full advance.)
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Theme - Legion of Steel in a nutshell
Ulhans and Pikeman and Kovnic's, OH MY!
Combos & Synergies
The Iron Fang contingent within Khador has extremely potent internal synergy with each other that is caster independent making this theme force somewhat viable regardless of which caster is chosen to lead it.
- Kovnic Markov grants tactician to friendly Iron Fang Models within his 10" command bubble allowing all Iron Fangs to draw line of sight and move through each others basses.
- The Iron Fang Kovnic grants Precise Strike to Iron Fangs in his command 10 as well as making them immune to knock down.
Both of these in addition to counter charge on the Great Bears; Iron Fang Kovnic's; and Markov himself allows for you to screen you important "Kommanders" with Pikeman of either flavor, then counter charge through them into juicy targets that present themselves if you can be relatively sure they can survive. Precise Strike even allows you to potentially carve out key systems to unwary Jacks or beasts who wander into counter charge range potentially crippling them before they can perform actions.
Drawbacks & Downsides
Absolutely no ranged support, other than the Jacks that you bring. Bring Destroyers of else you opponent will be able to act with impunity outside of your melee range.
Tricks & Tips
- If you can get two or more Great Bears to counter charge the same enemy model they benefit from Flank making them MAT 10 and 4 dice on damage.
- Kovnic Markov's Concussion Lance will trigger Warhead on a counter charge making it even more dangerous to infantry who try to group up on hard targets. Make sure to counter charge the last viable target to catch the most models in the AOE 4.
One max unit of Ulhans is exatly enough to get you a free solo; a max unit of IFP plus UA is 1p shy of a free solo; and a max unit of Black Dragon IFP plus their UA is 1p more.
Caster of note include:
- Irusk2: One of the best infantry casters in the game, who can help improve the Iron Fangs survivability.
- Strakhov2: Our newest and arguably best pure infantry caster; he makes the Iron Fangs absurdly survivable.
- Lord Kozlov, Viscount of Scarsgrad: Improves the speed and ARM and hitting power of the entire army.
- Zerkova1: This theme is, besides eventual battlegroup warjacks, purely melee oriented. 12" of clouds will help the Iron Fangs to actually get there safely.
Other casters will get varying millage out of the theme depending on their play-style, but due to the innate synergies withing the Iron Fangs themselves they demand little in the way of support in order to do what they are intended to do.
Originally released 2017.03
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
| Triggering Countercharge
What can your opponent do?
Attacks & Boosting
After the Countercharge
Enemy "Skipping" their movement
Unit with countercharge
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Legion of Steel
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Cryx||The Ghost Fleet - Infernal Machines - Dark Host||(Edit)|
|Cygnar||Storm Division - Heavy Metal - Sons of the Tempest - Gravediggers||(Edit)|
|Khador||Winter Guard Kommand - Legion of Steel - Jaws of the Wolf||(Edit)|
|Protectorate of Menoth||The Creator's Might - Guardians of the Temple - Exemplar Interdiction||(Edit)|
|Retribution of Scyrah||Forges of War - Defenders of Ios - Shadows of the Retribution||(Edit)|
|Mercenaries||Hammer Strike - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater||(Edit)|
|Convergence of Cyriss||Destruction Initiative||(Edit)|
|Circle Orboros||The Bones of Orboros - The Devourer's Host - The Wild Hunt||(Edit)|
|Legion of Everblight||Ravens of War - Children of the Dragon - Oracles of Annihilation||(Edit)|
|Skorne||Winds of Death||(Edit)|
|Trollbloods||Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia||(Edit)|
|Minions||The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance||(Edit)|
|Grymkin||Dark Menagerie - Bump in the Night||(Edit)|