Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
Lanyssa was a prodigal sorceress who proved just as adept with the magic of her people as she did fighting with a claymore in hand. She feels both fortunate and guilty for having been away from her homeland during the cataclysm invoked by Thagrosh's rise. Now, after facing the horror that is the Legion of Everblight, she has vowed to spend her power to annihilate this enemy.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
- 3 Other
|Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Sorrow - 1" reach, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, or Trollblood minion
- Mercenary - Works as a Cygnar mercenary, or as a Retribution of Scyrah Partisan .
- Partisan [Retribution] - When included in a Retribution army, this model/unit is a Retribution model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Animosity [Blighted] - This model can't be included in the same army as a Blighted model.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
- Vendetta (Legion or Blighted) - Boost attack and damage rolls against Legion or Blighted models.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Hunter's Mark (★ Attack) - 10" range, magic attack that deals no damage. 1) Friendly models can charge or slam an enemy model hit by this spell without being forced or spending focus. 2) Friendly models that charge the model hit by this spell gain +2" movement. 3) Lasts for one turn.
- Ice Bolt (★ Attack) - Medium range, average POW magic attack. Deals Cold damage and Critical Stationary unless the target has Cold Immunity.
- Winter Storm (★ Action) - Enemy models starting their activations in this model's CMD range lose Eyeless Sight, Flight, and Pathfinder.
- Her point cost went up 1 point.
- Gained Partisan [Retribution].
Thoughts on Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress in a nutshell
Lanyssa is is taken for her Hunter's Mark ability which is extremely powerful when running a lot of warjacks or beasts thanks to the free charge. Infantry charging farther never hurts either. She also brings a magic attack if needed.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warbeast or warjack that doesn't charge for free.
- If you can somehow catch a warbeast with flight or pathfinder on the other side of a forest, he Winter Storm ability just might work without her getting killed, but this won't happen often.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Winter Storm is a trap! If the enemy starts near enough to Lanyssa that they get shut down by this then Lanyssa is in easy range to be killed - and she isn't that tough.
Tricks & Tips
Not much tricky about Hunter's Mark. It's best used with things that already go quite far to up the threat to extreme levels.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
| Retribution of Scyrah (Edit)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Faction models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater - The Talion Charter - Llaelese Resistance|