Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
Lanyssa was a prodigal sorceress who proved just as adept with the magic of her people as she did fighting with a claymore in hand. She feels both fortunate and guilty for having been away from her homeland during the cataclysm invoked by Thagrosh's rise. Now, after facing the horror that is the Legion of Everblight, she has vowed to spend her power to annihilate this enemy.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
- 3 Other
|Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress|
Weapons and Attacks
- Sorrow - 1" range, P+S 11 melee weapon
- Minion - Works for Circle, Trollbloods.
- Mercenary - Works for Cygnar, Retribution.
- Animosity (Blighted) - This model can't be included in the same army as Blighted.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Prowl - While concealed this model has stealth.
- Vendetta (Legion or Blighted) - Boost attack and damage rolls against Legion or Blighted models.
- Magic Ability [ _ ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action). Lanyssa is a good spellcaster
- Hunter's Mark (★ Attack) - Mid range, no damage - Friendly models charge or slam what you hit for free and gain bonus movement when charging it.
- Ice Bolt (★ Attack) - Medium range, average POW magic attack. Deals Cold damage and Critical Stationary unless the target has Cold Immunity.
- Winter Storm (★ Action) - Enemy models starting their activations in this model's CMD range lose Eyeless Sight, Flight, and Pathfinder.
Thoughts on Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress
Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress in a nutshell
Lanyssa is a cheap spellcaster with a magical zap and that makes an excellent threat range extender. Her key ability is Hunter's Mark and that's why you take her. And a lot of people do because threat range extension is awesome.
Combos & Synergies
- Any warbeast or warjack that doesn't charge for free.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Winter Storm is a trap! If the enemy starts near enough to Lanyssa that they get shut down by this then Lanyssa is in easy range to be killed - and she isn't that tough.
- that being said, sacrifying Lanyssa to protect your caster can be worth it.
Tricks & Tips
Changes from Mk2
She got cheaper.
January 2017* : Her point cost went up slightly.
Theme Forces this is a member of
|Minion - Faction models (Edit)|
Units, Solos, & Battle Engines
|Units||Farrow||Farrow Bone Grinders - Farrow Brigands - Farrow Commandos - Farrow Razorback Crew - Farrow Slaughterhousers|
|Gatorman||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Gatorman Bokor & Shamblers - Gatorman Posse|
|Unaligned|| Gobber Bellows |
Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Lynus & Edrea
|Solos||Farrow||Maximus - Rorsh & Brine - Targ|
|Gatorman|| Bog Trog Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Gatorman Witch Doctor |
Wrong Eye & Snapjaw
|Unaligned||Efaarit Scout - Feralgeist -Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Gobber Raiders - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
Alten Ashley - Brun Cragback & Lug - Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Gudrun the Wanderer - Hutchuck - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Orin - Raluk - Saxon Orrik - Viktor Pendrake
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher (Farrow) - Sacral Vault (Gatorman)|
|Minion - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|The Blindwater Congregation - The Thornfall Alliance|