Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
- 3 Other
|Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and as a Trollblood minion
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Share the Load - Once per turn, when Kwaak casts a spell, immediately afterwards Gub can cast a spell.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Enliven (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction warjack/warbeast in CMD range. The next time it suffers damage from an enemy attack (except while advancing), after the attack it may make a full advance. Enliven expires when it is used, or after one round.
- Heal [d3] (★ Action) - Remove d3 damage from a living Faction model in B2B.
- Venom (★ Attack) - POW10, 8" spray. Deals Corrosion Damage and inflicts Continuous Corrosion.
- Mud Foot (★ Attack) - 6" range, magic attack that does no damage. A model/unit hit loses Pathfinder and treats open terrain as rough terrain. Lasts for one round.
Thoughts on Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers in a nutshell
Kwaak and Gub are a fairly powerful and effective spellcaster with four spells and the ability to cast two in a turn. Their most powerful spell is Enliven for keeping heavies safe.
Venom's nice for infantry-slaying and can get their points back. Heal's normally useless but sometimes really useful. And finally Mud Foot is occasionally useful and can keep a melee heavy or unit out of the game for a turn (or just limit it to squishing K&G) but is never something to rely on.
Combos & Synergies
- Jaga-Jaga, the Deathcharmer has Signs & Portents - making hitting easier.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They have no defensive tech, low DEF, and are squishy
- Mud Foot doesn't stop flying or ghosty - and is generally very situational. Great when it works!
Tricks & Tips
- Keep them back to keep them safe unless you have good reason.
- A heavy is seldom killed by a charge attack and a free strike triggered from Enliven. Which means you can make them waste that stack of focus - then mangle the enemy with your surviving heavy. The only damage boxes to truly matter are the last in each spiral.
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models