Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
The conjoined brothers Kwaak Slickspine and Gub were born with the gift of sorcery. This unusual pair fights on behalf of the croak tribes allied to the Blindwater Congregation, hoping to one day secure a permanent home for their people. The uniting of their bodies and souls allows them to output a blistering storm of magic, which they use to destroy any foe the Blindwater Congregation has marked for death.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
- 3 Other
|Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Unarmed - This model has no weapons.
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Legion of Everblight Minion, Skorne minion, and as a Trollblood minion
- Amphibious - This model treats shallow water as open terrain while advancing. While completely in shallow water, this model gains concealment and does not block line of sight.
- Immunity: Corrosion - This model does not suffer corrosion damage, nor the continuous corrosion effect.
- Share the Load - Once per turn, when Kwaak casts a spell, immediately afterwards Gub can cast a spell.
- Magic Ability [ 7 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Enliven (★ Action) - Target friendly Faction warjack/warbeast in CMD range. The next time it suffers damage from an enemy attack (except while advancing), after the attack it may make a full advance. Enliven expires when it is used, or after one round.
- Heal [d3] (★ Action) - Remove d3 damage from a living Faction model in B2B.
- Venom (★ Attack) - POW10, 8" spray. Deals Corrosion Damage and inflicts Continuous Corrosion.
- Mud Foot (★ Attack) - 6" range, magic attack that does no damage. A model/unit hit loses Pathfinder and treats open terrain as rough terrain. Lasts for one round.
Thoughts on Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Kwaak Slickspine & Gub, Croak Sorcerers in a nutshell
Kwaak and Gub are a fairly powerful and effective spellcaster with four spells and the ability to cast two in a turn. All of their spells are situationally useful, and mean they will something to do every turn.
- Enliven helps keep heavies safe.
- Heal is occasionally useful, especially if a warbeast gets an aspect shot out
- Corrosion sprays can shred single wound infantry units
- Mud Foot is incredibly powerful, especially against slow units. It means that spd 6 units with 2" melee will only threaten 8" if they charge. The short range means Kwaak will often die as a result, but this spell can shut down an assassination run very quickly.
Combos & Synergies
- Jaga-Jaga, the Deathcharmer has Signs & Portents - making hitting easier.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- They have no defensive tech, low DEF, and are squishy
- Mud Foot doesn't stop flying or ghostly
Tricks & Tips
- Keep them back to keep them safe unless you have good reason.
- A heavy is seldom killed by a charge attack and a free strike triggered from Enliven. Which means you can make them waste that stack of focus - then mangle the enemy with your surviving heavy. The only damage boxes to truly matter are the last in each spiral.
- Models affected by mud foot can still gain pathfinder back. If you are going to throw away Kwaak with a mud foot, be sure they don't have Rhupert or Saxon Orrik hanging around to negate it.
Released in the Blindwater CID (2017.09)
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Legion of Everblight (Edit)|
|Skorne (Edit)||Trollbloods (Edit)|
Other Minion models