Fluff text (copy from PP gallery)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Rune Axe - 1" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Immunity: Cold - This model does not suffer cold damage.
- Leadership [Greylord] - Friendly Greylord models in this model's CMD range gain Battle Wizard (as below).
- Battle Wizard - Once per turn during its activation, when this model destroys one or more living enemy models with a melee attack, it can use one of its Magic Abilities for free afterwards.
- Magic Ability [ 8 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
- Frostbite (★ Attack) - 8" Spray, POW 12 Cold Damage (as well as Magical Damage).
- Ice Cage (★ Attack) - 10" range, POW 10 attack.
Each time a target without Cold Immunity is hit by this spell it suffers a cumulative -2 DEF penalty for one turn and, if hit three times in one turn, it is made stationary for one round.
- Wind Ravager (★ Action) - While in this model's CMD range enemy models cannot make ranged attacks. Wind Ravager lasts for one round.
Thoughts on Koldun Lord
Koldun Lord in a nutshell
The Koldun Lord is a decent support ant utility caster who empowers the other Greylords, and provides a solid anti-shooting bubble.
Combos & Synergies
- Greylord Outriders are the unit really placed to take advantage of Battle Wizard thanks to the cavalry boosted charge attack rolls.
- The Greylord Ternion like a backup if one of them misses with their ice cage.
- The Doom Reaver Swordsmen UA is the Grey Lord most likely to charge.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Battle Wizard doesn't work on Greylord warcasters because it only gives you a free Magic Ability spell.
- He's fragile. And Flammable.
Tricks & Tips
- Watch for enemies with Point Blank, Dual Attack, and the like. Those are the ones you are most likely to shut down shooting from.
Originally released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other faction models
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)