|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
Developed to support Khador’s renowned 5th Border Legion, the Kodiak is a rugged, all-terrain war machine built to fight in close quarters and dense forests. The Kodiak is instilled with a mechanikal instinct for pugilism and metal-wrenching violence, and nothing can withstand its steam-driven assaults. The mighty Grolar shares the Kodiak’s boiler and chassis but uses that strength and speed to deliver crushing blows with its piston hammer before finishing with a withering hail of auto cannon shells.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Armored Fist (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 16 melee weapons.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Heavy Boiler - The Kodiak gains +2" movement when running.
- Vent Steam - Once per activation at any time the Kodiak can place a 4" AOE cloud directly over itself. When it is placed it deals a POW 12 damage to living & undead models. The cloud stays in play for one round.
Thoughts on Kodiak
Comparison to Mk2
Kodiak evolves from a meh jack into one of the shiniest pieces the khadorian empire can use on the battlefield:
- Higher MAT means you will trigger Grab 'n' smash more often, and throwing enemies away is always fun!
- Vent steam is no longer an attack, but an "any time" action. This mean that you can trample 7" and then put a 4"cloud to block LOS or you can charge and then vent steam infantry. Sadly, the AoE remains in play one round but it damages only the models that are in it when it is dropped, so you can't protect kodiak from 0.5" melee range infantry charges.
Kodiak in a nutshell
Another melee beatstick, even if a bit pillow-fisted. The Kodiak's claim to fame is the double fist and the extra mobility, and of course the ability to throw enemy heavies away.
Combos & Synergies
- Gotta go fast! (movement buffs are great)
- Every SPD buff is welcome, native pathfinder means that this jack can really run over the board without any problem.
- Build yourself a cloud wall with Harkevich by trampling up, popping steam and repositioning back out of it.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Doesn't have a range game, for obvious reasons.
- Trades sheer power for mobility.
Tricks & Tips
- Look at the silly people who think they can hide behind trees! No one hides from the Kodiak!
- Use your good throw skills to get enemies out of the zones.
- Harkevich mobility makes kodiaks really fast and able to create a cloudwall in front of your army
Originally released in Warmachine: Escalation (2004)
Themes for generic warjacks (Edit)
- Armored Korps - (Article) (Category)
- Winter Guard Kommand - (Article) (Category)
- Jaws of the Wolf - (Article) (Category)
- Legion of Steel - (Article) (Category)
- Wolves of Winter (Article) (Category)
Other faction models