Mercenary Character Solo
Weapons and Attacks
- Silence - 14" range, POW 10 gun
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Deadly Shot - Instead of making a damage roll to resolve an attack with this weapon, you can choose to have a model hit by this weapon suffer 3 damage points instead. A model disabled by this attack cannot make a Tough roll.
- Sword - 0,5" range, P+S 8 melee weapon.
Thoughts on Kell Bailoch
Kell Bailoch in a nutshell
Kell Bailoch is an excellent sniper. This makes him a powerful and effective problem solver - if you shoot something it stops being a problem. He's accurate, hard-ish hitting, and does his job reliably.
Combos & Synergies
He needs no support
Drawbacks & Downsides
Anything that shuts down shooting shuts him down.
Tricks & Tips
- Most solos are stopped by a double tap.
- With two shots you can take out an arc node - shoot columns 3 and 4 and almost any arc node will stop being an arc node.
Notable changed from Mk2
- Sniper was upgraded to Deadly Shot, gained Marksman, and he became slightly more expensive.
- Lost RoF 2, replaced with Dual Shot
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines). (Infernal Ruling)
- ... but not by "lingering" secondary damage (such as the cloud left by Breath of Corruption). In this case the hazard is damaging the model, not the spell that put the hazard into play.
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. Incorporeal models are not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack."
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be interpreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not interpreted as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Deadly Shot - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Advance Deployment - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Dual Shot (Edit)
- You can't Aim if you start your activation in melee. So you will never benefit from Dual Shot, even if you have Gunfighter and/or your squad mates disengage you before you start your Combat Action.
Rules Clarification : Marksman and/or Precision Strike (Edit)
- These abilities do not get around Retribution Force Fields. The attacker's ability assigns it to a column, and Force Field reassigns it.
- Versus a Colossal or Gargantuan, you don't get to choose which grid is damaged. That is still governed by which Firing Arc the attacker is standing in.
- Marksman vs Death Ward (and similar) (Edit)
- When both the attacker and defender have an ability that lets them choose the column that gets damaged, the attacker gets to choose.
- The reason is, the attacker is the Active Player so his ability resolves first. And part of resolving Marskman is actually marking the damage. So by the time the Inactive Player gets to resolve Death Ward, it's moot.
Rules Clarification : Prowl (Edit)
- You can still benefit from Prowl even if the attacker "ignores concealment".
Because even though they ignore it that doesn't change the fact that you have it, and all you need to do is have it in order to get Prowl.
Rules Clarification : Stealth (Edit)
- "Automatically missing" is not the same as "cannot be hit by".
- For instance, a stealth model can still be the target of an AOE attack and although it auto-misses, if the AOE deviates onto them they will get damaged.