The kayazy eliminators are assassins who practice their deadly trade with the finesse of the finest artists. Working in pairs, the lithe eliminators move with deft agility to conceal their silent presence. When the time comes to perform their bloody services, they do so with a grace that would seem like ease were anyone present to observe it.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Kayazy Eliminators
- 3 Other
( 2.5 each)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Assassin Blade (x2) - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapons.
- Combo Strike (★ Attack) - Make a melee attack. Instead of making a normal damage roll, the POW of the damage roll is equal to this model's STR plus twice the POW of this weapon. (P+S 13)
- Mercenary - Will work for Khador.
- Partisan (Khador) - When included in a Khador army, this model/unit is a Khador model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Acrobatics - This model can advance through other models if it has enough movement to move completely past their bases. This model ignores intervening models when declaring its charge target.
- Anatomical Precision - When this model's melee damage roll fails to exceed the ARM of the living model hit, that model suffers 1 damage point. A model disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll.
- Duelist - This model gains +2 DEF against melee attack rolls.
- Gang - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another model in this unit, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
- Side Step - When this model hits an enemy model with an initial melee attack or a melee special attack, it can advance up to 2" after the attack is resolved.
Mk2 to Mk3 changes:
- Slight points decrease.
- Gained Anatomical Precision special rule.
- Side Step has had the "cannot be targeted by free strikes" portion removed, but the unit has gained Parry as an advantage (so no real change there).
- "Ally" changed to "Partisan"
Thoughts on Kayazy Eliminators
Kayazy Eliminators in a nutshell
Eliminators are priced fairly for melee solos and are about as effective as most of them. They deliver accurate melee attacks which can be effective against infantry and some armor with a good threat range and excellent mobility thanks to acrobatics.
Combos & Synergies
- Vlad2 is known to feat on them from time to time, greatly augmenting their threat range and effectiveness.
- Solid Ground via Irusk2 or Gorten is their favorite spell.
- Pathfinder allows them almost unlimited freedom of movement.
- Eliminators are often left to operate on flanks due to not needed much help to get their job done.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Whilst they are hard to hit, if they do get hit then their ARM really can't stand up to much punishment. Blast weapons will ruin their day.
- If one dies then you lose Gang, which is a big hit on their effectiveness.
Tricks and Tips
- Acrobatics and Parry as well as their high SPD means the Eliminators can go right through a blocking unit for a more vulnerable piece behind it, while Stealth and a high DEF makes it hard to kill them at range when they're closing in.
- The threat of a high speed, high melee unit like the Eliminators can be useful for making your opponents dedicate damage he could be putting elsewhere to taking them down over more important units.
- Plan their charges so they are able to use Sidestep to help each other out and maximize enemy casualties.
- Thanks to Acrobatics & Parry, it is very easy to get into your target's back arc (assuming you have enough movement). This is well worth it for the +2 backstrike bonus.
- When charging, make sure you obey the "once the target is in your melee range, it must stay in your melee range" rule.
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
- Originally released in the Warmachine: Wrath expansion (2011)
Other Faction Models
Since this model is a partisan, we have omitted displaying the indices (because it'd take up half the page to display everything that is in two full factions). Refer the links instead: