|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
The kayazy, merchant-princes of the new Khadoran Empire, have long employed bands of skilled and ruthless bladesmen to settle scores. Now these private soldiers go south to protect their masters' investment in the war. With a swift dueling style honed on the pitiless streets, these casual killers easily avoid unfavorable fights to attack in a group and quickly dispatch even well armored foes.
Underboss - Command Attachment
|HP||1 (5 for CA)|
|Unit Size|| 6/10|
+1 for CA
|Cost||8/15; +4 for CA|
|1.7 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Leader & Grunts
- Assassin Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Assassin Blade (x2) - As above, but double the fun.
- Entire Unit
- Mercenary - Will work as a Khador Partisan.
- Partisan [Khador] - When included in a Khador army, this model/unit is a Khador model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Anatomical Precision - When this model's melee damage roll fails to exceed the ARM of the living model hit, that model suffers 1 damage point. A model disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll.
- Gang - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another model in this unit, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
- Underboss only
- He has MAT 8, CMD 9, and 5 hitpoints.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Kill Stroke (Minifeat) - Once per game the unit gains Backstab. (Backstab - This model gains an additional die to hit and damage rolls when it attacks from the target's back arc.)
- Tactics: Duelist - The unit gains Duelist. (Duelist - This model gains +2 DEF against melee attack rolls.)
Thoughts on Kayazy Assassins
Kayazy Assassins in a nutshell
Kayazy Assassins can do a lot of work if they are able to reach the opposing force, especially if they can charge one turn and backstab the next, or perhaps even do both on the same turn. They die fast to blast damage, and so prefer spells like Solid Ground or Iron Flesh to keep them alive. They also lack pathfinder and have a below average threat range. Casters than shore up their deficiencies are required or they just die.
Combos & Synergies
- Irusk1 and Irusk2 are the main infantry support casters in the faction; they have a readily available package to boost hitting power, or survival on the Kayazys. Any Iron Flesh caster will run them just fine as well.
- Gorten Grundback has Solid Ground, which helps them not die but doesn't help their threat range issues.
- Drake Macbain has long been known to use them as Countermeasure targets, and his feat helps them get across the board. Nasty to gun lines without true sight.
- Rhupert and Saxon grant Pathfinder.
- Ashlynn can Quicken them, but can't keep them safe from blasts.
- Lanyssa's Hunter's Mark helps them get there.
- Connie can offer them extra distance on their charges, but she prefers higher ARM troopers.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Low armor. Anything with high MAT/RAT, or auto-hit will clear these guys fast.
- Low speed and DEF for their roles (Duelist somewhat mitigates that).
- Anatomic Precision is useless against the constructs of the Convergence, or Undead enemies.
- Kayazy Eliminators are superb in every aspect; highly autonomous, and cheaper, than a minimum unit with the (must-have) Underboss.
Tricks and Tips
- Parry lets you get into the enemy's back arc to get your Kill Stroke.
The unit & UA were both released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
|Mercenary|| Khador (Edit)
Note: When taken in the Jaws of the Wolf, they don't count against your "Up to one merc" allowance.
Other Faction Models
Note to Editors