The kayazy, merchant-princes of the new Khadoran Empire, have long employed bands of skilled and ruthless bladesmen to settle scores. Now these private soldiers go south to protect their masters' investment in the war. With a swift dueling style honed on the pitiless streets, these casual killers easily avoid unfavorable fights to attack in a group and quickly dispatch even well armored foes.
Underboss - Command Attachment
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Kayazy Assassins
- 3 Other
|HP||1 (5 for CA)|
|Unit Size|| 6/10|
+1 for CA
|Cost||8/15; +4 for CA||1.7 points per model|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Leader & Grunts
- Assassin Blade - 0.5" reach, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Assassin Blade (x2) - As above, but double the fun.
- Entire Unit
- Mercenary - Will work for Khador.
- Partisan (Khador) - When included in a Khador army, this model/unit is a Khador model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Parry - This model cannot be targeted by free strikes.
- Stealth - Ranged and magic attacks targeting this model from a point of origin greater than 5˝ away automatically miss. This model is not an intervening model when determining line of sight from a model more than 5˝ away.
- Anatomical Precision - When this model's melee damage roll fails to exceed the ARM of the living model hit, that model suffers 1 damage point. A model disabled by a melee attack made by this model cannot make a Tough roll.
- Gang - When making a melee attack targeting an enemy model in the melee range of another model in this unit, this model gains +2 to melee attack and melee damage rolls.
- Underboss only
- He has MAT 8, CMD 9, and 5 hitpoints.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Kill Stroke (Minifeat) - Once per game the unit gains Backstab. (Backstab - This model gains an additional die to hit and damage rolls when it attacks from the target's back arc.)
- Tactics: Duelist - The unit gains Duelist. (Duelist - This model gains +2 DEF against melee attack rolls.)
Thoughts on Kayazy Assassins
Kayazy Assassins in a nutshell
Kayazy assassins are a unit of skirmishers that without the underboss have a mediocre threat range and struggle to break armour while having a low DEF. No one takes them without the Underboss. With the Underboss they remain screening troops who die to blast damage - but they are hard to shoot thanks to stealth, hard to kill in melee thanks to duellist, and thanks to Kill Stroke can dish out damage (using parry to get into the enemy's back arc)
Combos & Synergies
As Khador unit:
- Irusk1 and Irusk2 are the main infantry support casters in the faction; they have a readily available package to boost hitting power, or survival on the Kayazys.
As Mercenary unit:
Just like with the Kayazy Eliminators, they welcome everybody, who can keep them alive longer, or lower the ARM/DEF of the target. They also welcome some extra speed, as they lack the nimbleness of the Eliminators. Special mention to Ashlynn, who offers them both protection, speed boost, and a very reliable offensive boost under her feat.
- Casters with Calamity - Magnus2, and especially Caine3, can make them super accurate (and deadly) brawlers.
- Rhupert - an odd pairing, since he hates Khadorians, but gets along fine in a mercenary army. Both tough and pathfinder helps them a lot. Couple it with casters, who can offer spells for knockdown immunity (Damiano, Gorten) for extra fun.
- Make the immune against non-AoE/Spray shooting with Shae's Phantasm, or MacBain's Countermeasure.
- Connie can offer them extra distance on their charges, and they can fuel her feat with souls.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Low armor. Anything with high MAT/RAT, or auto-hit will clear these guys fast.
- Low speed and DEF for their roles (Duelist somewhat mitigates that).
- Anatomic Precision is useless against the constructs of the Convergence, or Undead enemies.
- Kayazy Eliminators are superb in every aspect; highly autonomous, and cheaper, than a minimum unit with the (must-have) Underboss.
Tricks and Tips
- Parry lets you get into the enemy's back arc to get your Kill Stroke.
Changes from Mk2
- Lost a point of DEF
- Gained a point of ARM
- Unit Lost a point of MAT
- Unit Lost a point of CMD
- Slightly Cheaper
- Gained Partisan (Khador)
- Lost Backstab
- Gained Anatomical Precision
- Kill Stroke effects changed to granting Backstab from effectively gaining Acrobatics
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
The unit & UA were both released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
Other faction models
Since this model is a partisan, we have omitted displaying the indices (because it'd take up half the page to display everything that is in two full factions). Refer the links instead:
Note to Editors