Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper
Kaelyssa is the foremost strike force commander of the Retribution’s mage hunters. Her sergeants claim she can hear the heartbeats of the enemy and taste their movements on the wind. Those wizards caught in her sights are left defenseless as their own magic is negated or turned against them. To Kaelyssa her calling is a dangerous but thrilling endeavor, and with every mission she extends the depths of her formidable talents.
|Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper|
Weapons & Attacks
- Runebolt Cannon - 12" range, POW 10, ROF 1 ranged weapon
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Reload  - This model can spend focus/fury tokens to make up to 2 additional ranged attacks with this weapon during its Combat Action. It can make one additional attack for each focus/fury token spent.
- Vengeance - 0.5" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- True Sight - This model ignores clouds for LOS, and ignores Stealth always.
- Backlash - Cost 2, 8" range, Offensive Upkeep
- When target enemy warjack that is part of a battlegroup is damaged, its controller suffers 1 damage point.
- Banishing Ward - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target model/unit cannot be the target of enemy spells/upkeeps. Also, any upkeep spells and animi on the target immediately expire.
- Blur - COST 2 RNG 6 Upkeep spell. Target friendly Faction model or unit gains +3 DEF against ranged and magic attacks.
- Phantom Hunter - Cost 2, 6" range
- For one turn, target model in Kaelyssa's battlegroup can ignore concealment, cover, stealth, & LOS when making charges and attacks.
- Refuge - Upkeep spell that lets a friendly Faction model get a free move at the end of their activation, if they hit an enemy during that activation. This move ignores free strikes.
- The Vanishing - Friendly Faction models in control range gain stealth and can't be charged or slammed.
Analysis of Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper
Kaelyssa, Night's Whisper in a nutshell
A bit on the squishy side, Kaelyssa is more of a support 'caster. With her gun's mechanikal seizure ability she can make sure you hit the enemy 'jacks that come too close and your enemy either wastes a focus for shaking stationary or forfeits an action. A well used refuge can keep your favourite 'jack out of harm's way and banishing ward makes those pesky spell slingers find better targets. Her feat can delay melee confrontation for a round and/or let you land those precious first blows.
Common army selection
Drawbacks and Downsides
Tricks and Tactics
If you're lucky, you might be able to feat with only your models on the scenario zone. Your opponent is forced to rush in something without the movement benefit from charging. This will most likely net you the first melee blows and, in some cases, disrupt your opponent's formations.
Changes from Mk II
- Increase to Command
- Lost Witch Hound ability
- Runebolt Cannon lost RoF 3 but Gained Reload
- Runebolt Cannon gained Attack type with options: Dispel, Energy Siphon, & Mechanikal Seizure
- Vengeance Lost the ability of Energy Siphon
- Lost spells: Arcantrik Bot, Arcane Reckoning, & Rift
- Gained spells: Blur, & Refuge
- Banishing Ward now includes animi
- Phantom Hunter now also ignores stealth
Retribution of Scyrah Models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|