Jarl Skuld, Devil of the Thornwood
Jarl Skuld is an infamous bandit and highwayman who has become an unlikely guerilla leader among the desperate trollkin remaining in the Thornwood. A skilled gunfighter, Skuld uses a pair of customized, rune-scribed pistols to deadly effect. With lightning raids and devastating ambushes against Cryx, Khador, and other enemies of his people, Jarl Skuld has truly earned the moniker “Devil of the Thornwood.”
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Analysis of Jarl Skuld
- 3 Other
|Jarl Skuld, Devil of the Thornwood|
Weapons and Attacks
- Rune Pistol x2 - 12" RNG, POW 12 ranged weapons
- Axe - 0.5" RNG, P+S 10 melee weapon
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Gunfighter - This model can use its ranged weapons even while in melee, but when it does so it can only target models it's in melee with. It can even make ranged attacks after charging.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Dodge - When an enemy misses this model with an attack at any time except when it is advancing, this model immediately advance 2" ignoring free strikes.
- Field Marshal [Swift Hunter] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Swift Hunter.
- Swift Hunter - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic ranged attack, immediately after the attack it can advance up to 2".
- Magic Bullet - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Targets a friendly Faction model. If its next ranged attack directly hits, choose another model within 4" of the model hit. the chosen model suffers an unboostable POW 12 magical damage roll. The point of origin for this damage is the model hit and the damage is not considered to have been caused by an attack. Magic Bullet expires after this damage roll or at the end of one turn.
- Quicken - Cost 3, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit gains +2 SPD, and +2 DEF vs ranged/magic attack rolls.
- Tactical Supremacy - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly faction model/unit gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- Weald Secrets - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit gains Pathfinder and Hunter. (Hunter - This model ignores cover and concealment when shooting.)
Feat: Rolling Fog
Places a random number of cloud effects completely within Jarl's CTRL for a round. These clouds do not block friendly faction LOS and friendly faction models can move through space occupied by other friendly faction models that are in these clouds. Enemy models in these clouds get an attack debuff.
Analysis of Jarl Skuld
Jarl Skuld in a nutshell
Jarl Skuld is a warlock who looks as if he's wandered over from the Circle Orboros to lead Trollblood armies. Tricksy and full of movement shenanigans, Jarl is an excellent change of pace for a troll player and would be utterly broken in Circle where he could stack his tricks with theirs - but in Trolls he mostly adds a splash of tricks to add flavour to an army.
Typical Army & Strategy
His main win condition is to frustrate the enemy and win by hitting when they can't hit back.
Jarl normally goes for a ranged army that can also work in melee.
- Trollkin Highwaymen - They love both Quicken and the way his feat can get them into back arcs to take advantage of Braylen Wanderheart's buffs.
- He likes ranged warbeasts - Normally a Dire Troll Bomber but sometimes also the Slag Troll or Storm Troll to take advantage of his Field Marshal.
- Everything likes Tactical Supremacy and Weald Secrets.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- His big weakness is that he has serious problems loading the Krielstone as he also has three upkeeps he wants to cast on turn one.
Tricks & Tips
- The enemy are there to be messed with. And to dance out of range of - measure their threat ranges when you play.
Theme Forces this is a member of
Other Troolbloods models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|