Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn
Possessing immense arcane ability and a talent for the divinatory arts, Issyria has become one of the greatest military assets of House Nyarr. That she has done so while declining to wield a weapon is all the more remarkable. In combat, Issyria uses her powers to perceive the flow of battle, gaining a peerless understanding of each movement and action around her and directing her myrmidons to serve as perfect fulcrums of force. When she enters her meditative trance the world seems to freeze and the best tactical course becomes clear.
|Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn|
Weapons & Attacks
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Flight - This model ignores (almost) all terrain when moving. This model can move over other models, and ignores intervening models when declaring charges.
- Ancillary Attack (★ Action) - Target nearby warjack or warbeast can make a basic melee or ranged attack.
- Arcane Vortex - Can negate spells targeting nearby models by spending a focus or token. The negated spell's cost is still paid.
- True Sight - This model ignores clouds for LOS, and ignores Stealth always.
- Admonition - COST 2, RNG 6", UPKEEP
When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of target model in the spellcasters's battlegroup, the affected model can immediately advance up to 3", then Admonition expires. The affected model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
- Blinding Light - Target enemy model or unit suffers a DEF debuff and cannot make ranged or magic attacks.
- Crusader's Call - Gives a movement bonus to friendly Faction models beginning a charge in the caster's control range.
- Inviolable Resolve - Friendly Faction model or unit gains an armour bonus and cannot be moved by a push or slam.
- Velocity - Caster can spend up to 3 focus to move a short distance for each focus spent.
- Dawn's Light - Friendly Faction models gain True Sight and roll an additional die on attack and damage rolls while in Issyria's control range. Discard one die of your choice for each of those rolls.
Analysis of Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn
Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn in a nutshell
Common army selection
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Arcane Vortex: Be careful, it's short range may/can put her in danger.
Tricks and Tactics
- Feat is a great way to help trigger critical hits. *cough* Hyperion *cough*.
- Also her ancillary attack; under her feat is a great way to clear huge amounts of single wound units with Hyperion's starburst cannon.
Changes from Mk II
- Ancillary attack has lower RNG.
- Blinding Light now affects enemy models (including warjacks and warbeasts), rather than just warrior models.
- Inviolable Resolve now prevents being moved by pushes or slams.
Retribution of Scyrah Models
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
|Retribution of Scyrah - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Forges of War|