Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn
Possessing immense arcane ability and a talent for the divinatory arts, Issyria has become one of the greatest military assets of House Nyarr. That she has done so while declining to wield a weapon is all the more remarkable. In combat, Issyria uses her powers to perceive the flow of battle, gaining a peerless understanding of each movement and action around her and directing her myrmidons to serve as perfect fulcrums of force. When she enters her meditative trance the world seems to freeze and the best tactical course becomes clear.
|Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn|
Weapons & Attacks
- Unarmed - This model has no melee weapons, which means a host of options are not available to it.
- Warcaster - This model comes with a bunch of special rules, most notably being really awesome at everything.
- Flight - This model ignores (almost) all terrain when moving. This model can move over other models, and ignores intervening models when declaring charges.
- Ancillary Attack (★ Action) - Target nearby warjack or warbeast can make a basic melee or ranged attack.
- Arcane Vortex - Can negate spells targeting nearby models by spending a _ token. The negated spell's COST is still paid.
- True Sight - This model ignores clouds for LOS, and ignores Stealth always.
- Admonition - COST 2, RNG 6", UPKEEP
When an enemy model advances and ends its movement within 6" of target model in the spellcasters's battlegroup, the affected model can immediately advance up to 3", then Admonition expires. The affected model cannot be targeted by free strikes during this movement.
- Blinding Light - Target enemy model or unit suffers a DEF debuff and cannot make ranged or magic attacks.
- Crusader's Call - Gives a movement bonus to friendly Faction models beginning a charge in the caster's control range.
- Inviolable Resolve - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Friendly Faction model/unit gains +2 ARM and cannot be moved by a push or slam. Doesn't work while out of formation.
- Velocity - Caster can spend up to 3 focus to move a short distance for each focus spent.
- Dawn's Light - Friendly Faction models gain True Sight and roll an additional die on attack and damage rolls while in Issyria's control range. Discard one die of your choice for each of those rolls.
Analysis of Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn
Issyria, Sibyl of Dawn in a nutshell
One of two models in the game with no weapon. In case you don't know what that means, it means she is a pure support caster, she is although the opposite of her Skorne counterpart. Issyria is a support caster to where she buffs her own guys but she is a little on the harder side to use, unlike her Skorne counterpart who is a support caster all about the debuffs. If you want to give the floaty chick a chance my advice would be to practice, practice, practice, and who knows she might be exactly what your looking for.
Common army selection
- Dawnguard - Any dawnguard are good under her for the armor buff and she can even make use of your destors with the destor solo, making them a terrifying armor 21 plus adding feat turn . . . ewwwww.
- Hyperion - She likes um big and rough . . . and starbursty? yeah I'm sticking to it. With the strongest ranged weapon in the game combined with Issyria's ablility to have him shoot again? yeah starbursty.
- Phoenix/Chimera - Simply put arch nodes. And no I'm not stopping there. The Chimera in particular is useful because of its apparition to help it get that extra step around the battle field. The phoenix is a jem that isn't afraid to get dirty, So abuse him until he has done his job of arching and slashing till its time to bring that jem back to the jewler to get cleaned.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Arcane Vortex: Be careful, it's short range may/can put her in danger.
Tricks and Tactics
- Feat is a great way to help trigger critical hits. *cough* Hyperion *cough*.
- Also her ancillary attack; under her feat is a great way to clear huge amounts of single wound units with Hyperion's starburst cannon.
Changes from Mk II
- Ancillary attack has lower RNG.
- Blinding Light now affects enemy models (including warjacks and warbeasts), rather than just warrior models.
- Inviolable Resolve now prevents being moved by pushes or slams.
Retribution of Scyrah Models
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|
|Retribution of Scyrah - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Forges of War|