The Cygnaran Armory takes pride in its innovation and technological superiority, traits seen in all the battle-tested warjacks built on the classic Ironclad chassis. Armed with a powerful quake hammer, the Ironclad effortlessly smashes lesser combatants to scrap.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Quake Hammer - 1" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon
- Open Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Ironclad
Ironclad in a nutshell
It's cheap, it has a good MAT and wants to hit things. As "Vanilla" Warjacks go, you can't go far wrong with the Ironclad - It works well with a wide range of Warcasters and you can take quite a few if you want to pursue a Battlegroup-heavy or 'jack spam list.
Tremor is a great a ability to threaten high DEF models via whatever it is standing close to.
Combos & Synergies
As a cheap, fast moving, and effective melee heavy the Ironclad works decently with anyone.
- With it's fairly low speed and middling melee range, it really does like a speed buff if you want to use it as an alpha strike model.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It is fairly simple and almost never surprises people.
- It's unboosted threat range is kinda low.
Tricks & Tips
- With a full stack of focus start with the Tremor. Then auto-hit.
- Don't forget he has an open fist. Always look for throw angles.
- Tough model gets on your nerves? Hit it with Tremor, and it won't get its Tough roll, once knocked down, because it happened before the damage roll.
Comparison to Mk2
It's basically cheaper than before, and Tremor changed to a standard Hammer attack with an AoE that causes knockdown.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
- The Ironclad was the very first model ever made for Warmachine. It was originally sculpted by Mike McVey of Warhammer & Games Workshop fame.
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models