|Articles you can help complete (Edit)|
The Cygnaran Armory takes pride in its innovation and technological superiority, traits seen in all the battle-tested warjacks built on the classic Ironclad chassis. Armed with a powerful quake hammer, the Ironclad effortlessly smashes lesser combatants to scrap.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Quake Hammer - 1" reach, P+S 18 melee weapon
- Open Fist - 1" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
Thoughts on Ironclad
Ironclad in a nutshell
It's cheap, it has a good MAT and wants to hit things. As "Vanilla" Warjacks go, you can't go far wrong with the Ironclad - It works well with a wide range of Warcasters and you can take quite a few if you want to pursue a Battlegroup-heavy or 'jack spam list.
Tremor is a great a ability to threaten high DEF models via whatever it is standing close to.
Combos & Synergies
As a cheap, fast moving, and effective melee heavy the Ironclad works decently with anyone.
- With it's fairly low speed and middling melee range, it really does like a speed buff if you want to use it as an alpha strike model.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- It is fairly simple and almost never surprises people.
- It's unboosted threat range is kinda low.
Tricks & Tips
- With a full stack of focus start with the Tremor. Then auto-hit.
- Don't forget he has an open fist. Always look for throw angles.
- Tough model gets on your nerves? Hit it with Tremor, and it won't get its Tough roll, once knocked down, because it happened before the damage roll.
- Originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
- The Ironclad was the very first model ever made for Warmachine. It was originally sculpted by Mike McVey of Warhammer & Games Workshop fame.
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- Gravediggers - (Article) (Category)
- Heavy Metal (Article) (Category)
- Sons of the Tempest - (Article) (Category)
- Storm Division - (Article) (Category)
Other faction models