19:55, 14 March 2017 (EDT) Update: Given that no one is updating this, I'm going to start removing rulings from this page as I put them on more specific areas of the College. For instance rulings about Gang will be moved to Template: RC Gang. Eventually I will delete this page. juckto (talk)
- 1 What is an Infernal Ruling?
- 2 What is this page then?
- 3 Errata
- 4 "Checking" status
- 5 General Rules
- 5.1 Rules Basics
- 5.2 Models
- 5.3 Preparing for War
- 5.4 Gameplay
- 5.5 Combat
- 5.6 Anatomy of a Unit
- 5.7 Spells & Spellcasting
- 5.8 Terrain
- 5.9 Appendix A: Timing
- 6 Non-Model Specific Ability or Spell Rulings
- 6.1 Wall Templates
- 6.2 Abilities
- 6.3 Spells
- 7 Organized Play Rulings
- 8 Faction-Specific Rulings
- 8.1 Cygnar
- 8.1.1 Warcasters
- 8.1.2 Warjacks
- 8.1.3 Solos
- 8.1.4 Attachments
- 8.2 Protectorate of Menoth
- 8.2.1 Warcasters
- 8.2.2 Warjacks
- 8.2.3 Solos
- 8.2.4 Units
- 8.2.5 Attachments
- 8.3 Khador
- 8.3.1 Warcasters
- 8.3.2 Warjacks
- 8.3.3 Attachments
- 8.4 Cryx
- 8.4.1 Warcasters
- 8.4.2 Cryx Warjacks
- 8.4.3 Cryx Solos
- 8.4.4 Units
- 8.5 Retribution of Scyrah
- 8.5.1 Warcasters
- 8.5.2 Warjacks
- 8.5.3 Retribution Solos
- 8.5.4 Retribution Attachments
- 8.6 Convergence of Cyriss
- 8.7 Mercenaries
- 8.7.1 Warcasters
- 8.7.2 Warjacks
- 8.7.3 Solos
- 8.7.4 Units
- 8.7.5 Attachments
- 8.7.6 Theme Forces
- 8.8 Trollblood
- 8.9 Circle Orboros
- 8.10 Skorne
- 8.10.1 Warlocks
- 8.10.2 Warbeasts
- 8.10.3 Battle Engines
- 8.10.4 Solos
- 8.11 Legion of Everblight
- 8.11.1 Warlocks
- 8.11.2 Warbeasts
- 8.11.3 Solos
- 8.11.4 Units
- 8.12 Minions
- 8.1 Cygnar
- 9 Unsorted Rulings
What is an Infernal Ruling?
Privateer Press have an official subforum on their website dedicated entirely to players asking questions about how rules work that you can access here. (Note: The purpose of the forum is to help players understand how rules function and interact with each other in-game, it's not the place to discuss general issues with the game, balance, or tactics). You can recognise an Infernal's post by their purple name
As part of that subforum they have an official team of "Infernals" that officially answer questions. Although these Infernals are volunteers they have a direct communication line to the actual designers of the game and thus any answer an Infernal gives is 100% official. These answers are referred to as "Infernal Rulings".
What is this page then?
Following is a list of Infernal rulings in the Rules forum, including threads that are closed/locked. Only responses by Infernals (for rules questions), Judges (for organized play questions), or threads that are closed are counted (unless a thread is closed with an Infernal saying that they closed it without reading, which invalidates the thread being closed as counting for official answers). Any other responses may be informative, correct, or both, but are not offiically accepted answers to forum questions.
Dates are based on the CT (American Central Time) timezone. (Last check: 9:40 am CDT, 2016-08-17)
Threads that point out errors in War Room entries will have their references deleted as War Room is updated.
When an errata is published, some Infernal rulings are deliberately changed, while others are codified into errata. When that happens, the rulings below will have anything clarified or reversed by the errata to a separate page to avoid confusion. These pages are for historical record only, and many of the rulings on them are no longer relevant due to the errata.
The following questions are being checked by Infernals. Do not "bump" these threads or start new threads to ask about these questions. Some "Checking..." threads take weeks, months, or even years to resolve, but presumably the Infernals keep a list of all threads being checked, because they eventually get around to answering. This list is being kept to help avoid new threads with the same questions.
- Lightning Strike: Can you cast it after killing a model and still have it trigger?
- The Witch Coven of Garlghast & Egregore: How does the Witch Coven interact with the Reinforcing the Power Field?
- Powerful Attack: Can you boost between rolls, and if so, which rolls are you allowed to boost between?
- Gremlin Swarm: Can different Gremlin Swarm "Mischief" roll results stack with each other?
- Captain Gunnbjorn: How does Immunity to Damage from feat interact with abilities that do one point of damage when damage is not done?
- Are you allowed to forfeit your normal movement without a specific effect to invoke that forfeits movement?
- Does Lamentation increase the base cost of spells with regards to Geomancy and Spell Slave, or would the spells able to be cast with those abilities be unaffected?
- How does Zaal's "Direct Spirits" ability interact with Soul Taker?
- Does a model that you take control of using the Corruptor's Psycho Venom attack activate on your turn?
- If the Corruptor uses a Distillation attack while in the Coven's battlegroup, who (if anyone) is healed?
- If a model is charging, suffers a Push, but is still in melee range of the charge target at the end of the push, does the push fail?
Game Terms, Model Names & Rules References
- For a unit to be identified by a type of model, all models in the unit must have the identifying rule. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-16.
- Houseguard Thanes cannot use abilities on Houseguard units that include a Soulless Escort. This is how it works at the moment Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-17, but it's being double-checked. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-17
- Necrosurgeons and Sephulcher can add grunts to Mechanithrall units that include a Skarlock Commander. This is maybe going to be errata'd. Ref: DarkLegacy 2016-08-17
Use of "Any Time" Special Rules
- You may not feat/cast spells after charging, before checking to see if the charge failed (and thus, after a charge fails). (Works the same as previous edition.) Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-15.
- You may use proxy bases to facilitate measurements however you wish (on your own clock when measuring). Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-13.
- Laser lines can be used to measure line-of-sight for anything at any time. Ref: niceas, 2016-06-20.
Base Stats, Current Stats & Modifiers
- The double, halve, add, reduce rules apply to spell costs as well. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Base Size & Facing
- A model's facing is its shoulders only if it doesn't have markings on its base to designate where its 180° arc should be. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-12.
Preparing for War
Building Your Army
- All Command Attachments should have the same FA as their units. Some Command Attachment FA values are incorrect and will be fixed. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-15.
- In a multi-caster game, Partisans count as the main army's faction and not as Mercenaries (if playing a faction other than Mercaneries). Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-22.
- Mercenary models with Battlegroup Controller can take Mercenary warjacks. Minion models with Lesser Warlock can take Minion warbeasts. Whatever restrictions on the Lesser Warlock, Battlegroup Controller, Mercenary warjacks, or Minion warbeasts will still apply. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-07.
- Models with Selective and Mercenary can be used inside the Factions that Mercenary specifies without issue. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
- SPD penalties do not prevent a model from charging. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-16.
- After making a Special Attack with a Ranged Weapon, you can purchase additional ranged attacks up to your Reload value. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-28.
- You cannot make melee attacks at a model that is not inside your melee range. You cannot spend focus or be forced to make attacks if you don't have a model in melee range. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Line of Sight
- An intervening model the same size as the target and attacker cannot block line of sight by itself. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-0-6-30.
- Back strikes give +2 to the attack roll. (Cleared up due to PP staff comment earlier with a different bonus amount.) Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
- You must be in a model's back arc only when the attack is made to get the back strike bonus - no requirement to be in a model's back arc for your entire activation. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-17.
- Power Attacks are not Special Attacks. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- If you ignore LOS, you can make a ranged attack against any target. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-30.
Targeting a Model in Melee
- You cannot engage a friendly model, so if a missed shot is randomized to an engaged friendly model, it will get the +4 DEF bonus for being engaged even if right next to the model that is making the ranged attack. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-11.
Area-of-Effect (AOE) Attacks
- Models with Stealth or otherwise have "Automatically Miss" rules are still hit when covered by an AoE template, as the template just hits and doesn't specify "Automatically Hits" and thus the rules for Automatically Missing taking priority over Automatically Hitting don't apply. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-14.
- On a normal AOE attack, any model not directly hit suffers blast damage which is half the POW of the attack. When the AOE specifically states a damage roll, it is that damage. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- Mentioning that the damage is "blast damage" does not mean that the ability is automatically halved, if a specific damage roll is mentioned. It just tells you that models immune to blast damage will not be damaged by it. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- Dense Fog terrain type is still a cloud and thus will not stop spray attacks, as they are not considered having Line-of-Sight blocked by terrain. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
Corpse & Soul Tokens
- Models removed from play before destroyed prevent token creation, but not models removed from play when destroyed. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
- Models provide corpse & soul tokens when destroyed, including when Removed from Play after being destroyed. (Note, this is "destroyed" in the disabled-boxed-destroyed sequence.) Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-13.
- Models that have an ability to collect souls from friendly models can collect souls of models slain by their own units, unless their rules say otherwise. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-23.
- There are some models with Soul Taker: Reclaim that cannot get souls from models killed by friendly models, or non-attack-damage effects such as electroleap. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
Special Combat Situations
- The Corrosion effect does Corrosion damage, and the Fire effect does Fire damage (as stated in Prime). Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-20.
- Knockdown and Critical Knockdown effects are not optional. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-05.
Anatomy of a Unit
- If a unit leader is removed from the game when it cannot be Field Promoted, another model is selected as Unit Commander. Formation and orders (including Press Forward) will come from that new Unit Commander. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12
Spells & Effects
- Applying an effect from a weapon hit does not apply Page 64's restriction on targeting with a spell or special rule. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-09.
Spells & Spellcasting
Casting a Spell with FOCUS
- A range CTRL spell cannot be increased with abilities that increase spell range by X". Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-23.
- Meant to be something discussed ahead of time regarding what models can enter it - only really applies to custom terrain. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
Appendix A: Timing
- "Immediate" doesn't have any rules relevance for timing in Mk3. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
- You cannot use "anytime" abilities between an attack and a second attack that triggers directly from the first attack, such as ones from Berserk. (Mk2 difference.) Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-23.
- Overtake resolves before Berserk when both trigger, as Overtake resolves at step 12 of the Attack Sequence, and Berserk resolves at 14. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
Non-Model Specific Ability or Spell Rulings
- Wall templates are 4" x 0.75". Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-05.
- Effects that cause you to lose an ability don't prevent it from being gained again via another ability, unless the effect that causes the ability loss states that it prevents gaining those abilities. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-12.
- Models with Man-Sized are always a small base to any effect/rule. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-06.
- The LOS requirement is on the model that has Mark Target, not the model making the attack that benefits from it. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-15.
- Gargantuans and Colossals cannot use Overtake to move outside their normal movement. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-23.
- Gunfighter works with Quick Work. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-11.
- You cannot use "anytime" abilities after a Reposition, as a model's activation immediately ends following the Reposition, leaving no time for "anytime" abilities to be used. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-14.
- You cannot move at the end of an activation with both Sprint and Reposition, as both immediately end the activation after the effect is resolved, not allowing you to utilize the second one. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-11.
- If a model with Repulsor Field is destroyed, the attacking model will not be moved by it as there is no model to move directly away from. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-30.
- If multiple models with Repulsor Field are trampled over and not destroyed, player with Repulsor Field would pick which Repulsor Field triggers first. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-30.
- If moving a hit to a Stealthed model, that model is not automatically missed as automatically missing is determined earlier in the timing sequence than the shield guard moving the hit. Ref: Darklegacy, 2016-08-15.
- The wording on this ability is intentional, even though "Structures" have been removed from the base rules. There are future interactions which will be affected. Ref: Macallan, 2016-07-15.
- You cannot move at the end of an activation with both Sprint and Reposition, as both immediately end the activation after the effect is resolved, not allowing you to utilize the second one. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-11.
- If moving a hit to a Stealthed model, that model is not automatically missed as automatically missing is determined earlier in the timing sequence than the Sucker ability moving the hit. Ref: Darklegacy, 2016-08-15.
- All models previously hit by the simultaneous attack are the last the model hit, so whichever model you choose to continue attacking next becomes the one you gain the automatic hits on. Ref: DarkLeagcy, 2016-07-07.
- All other benefits of clouds may apply, as per the normal rules. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- Admonition usage is optional, and it doesn't expire until it's been used or the upkeep is removed/not upkept. Ref: Fearlord, 2016-07-05.
Breath of Corruption
- Does not do two damage rolls to the model directly hit by the attack, just the pow 12 damage roll done to all models hit. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
- Dog Pile requires you to target the model, hit the model, and then the effect is applied to the model. Every effect listed in the spell text is "target model" or "affected model". Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- The restriction from making power attacks is not a typo, even though this spell can only target warrior models. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-17.
Veil of Mists
- Other line-of-sight blocking terrain inside the AoE will still block line of sight. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-20.
- Soul Gate cannot be used to move Colossals. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-15
Organized Play Rulings
Note: These are made by a Judge, not an Infernal.
- If two players simultaneously reach 5 CP, the game continues until one has more than the other. (Note that both are capped at recording 5 on their sheet for tiebreaker purposes.) Ref: Mr. Golden Deal, 2016-06-16.
- You do not need to spend all of your Warjack points, but cannot play an army more than 4 points lower than the point level at which you are playing. Ref: niceas, 2016-06-17.
- Terrain may be placed in such a manner as to block line of sight to a zone or flag from a deployment zone. Ref: niceas, 2016-06-20.
- Ghetorix: The new model is tournament legal. The fact that one hand is open and it doesn't have a separate claw attack does not matter. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-29. Ref: PPS_Hungerford, 2016-08-11.
- Objectives are a friendly faction model to the player who owns them, and models with the repair skill can repair objectives. Ref: bulldog, 2016-06-30.
- Any player may score at the end of any player's turn, starting with the second player's second turn. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-07.
- If you are going so fast your opponent cannot verify your dice rolls, you need to slow down. You cannot speed up in such a way that it is unreasonable for them to check. If you roll the dice and then immediately switch the clock to your opponent, you will get a warning for sportsmanship. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-07.
- It is possible to get a tie in a game. Ref: rydiafan, 2016-07-08.
- If you forget to prey, and you and your opponent cannot agree on the resolution of such, it is lost for the game. Ref: LEJ, 2016-07-11.
- Flags are valid targets for chain lighting and e-leaps. Ref: bulldog, 2016-07-18.
- Steamroller objectives do not have an activation. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-18.
- Models not yet released cannot be used in organized play, including conversions. Ref: LEJ, 2016-08-11.
- Theme forces in NQ are legal in pp organised play on the street date of the NQ issue. Ref: LEJ, 2016-08-13.
- Arc Nodes are not weapons so you could remove them without falling foul of the official guidelines. Ref: LEJ, 2016-08-26.
- You can use the same FA:C model in multiple lists. Ref: LEJ, 2016-07-26.
Captain Allister Caine (Caine 2)
- Damage rolls from Trick Shot do not benefit from Caine's feat. (Likely to be errata'ed at some point.) Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-29.
Major Marcus 'Siege' Brisbane (Brisbane 1)
- Combat Engineer (Ability) - This is an intentional wording, even though "Structures" have been removed from the base rules. There are future interactions which will be affected. Ref: Macallan, 2016-07-15.
Major Prime Victoria Haley (Haley 3)
- Haley Past and Haley Future do not gain the benefit of the bond from Thorn. Ref: Darklegacy, 2016-08-16.
- Temporal Distortion (Spell) - Temporal Distortion does not stack with itself. A model will only gain +2 DEF from the spell. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Major Victoria Haley (Haley 2)
- Temporal Acceleration (Spell) - When cast on a model with a RoF of D3, the model only gets one additional shot, not D3. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-07.
- Tremor resolves damage against the model hit normally. Models in the AOE suffer knockdown only. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-28.
- Triumph cannot boost Rapid Fire attacks as they are not made during his activation. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-17.
- You can purchase 3 sets of 3 models for 5 points per set. You can pay 15 points for 9 models. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-10.
Captain Jonas Murdoch
- Can be attached to Rhulic artillery. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
Protectorate of Menoth
High Executioner Servath Reznik
- Judgement Day (Feat) - Only prevents allocating, not Empowering or Power Up. Avatar of Menoth would also receive foucs as normal. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
Sovereign Tristan Durant
- Manifest Destiny (Spell) - When Future Sight is put onto a warjack, the timing chart changes to move 5.a after 5.b, but before 5.c. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-09.
Avatar of Menoth
- The Avatar can be disrupted, which will prevent it from receiving focus. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- The Avatar can gain focus via Empower. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- The Avatar can spend focus like other warjacks. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
Blessing of Vengeance
- Can choose to use the Bond with Severius on any spell cast (once per turn), does not need to be the first spell arced. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-17.
Scourge of Heresy
- Bond [Reznik] - Triggers only on melee attacks. Ref: Macallan, 2016-07-15.
- Cannot have more than 3 focus, even though it can hold up to 5 souls and convert them into focus. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-13.
Covenant of Menoth
- If hit by Decapitation, damage is first doubled and then reduced to one, leading to only taking one damage. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-19.
- If hit by Deadly Shot, Ancient Shroud would not prevent the 3 damage because Deadly Shot isn't a damage roll. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-28.
Exemplar Bastion Seneschal
- Exemplar Bastion models only heal 1 damage point when they activate in the command range of more than one Exemplar Bastion Seneschal. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
Choir of Menoth
- If a warjack is already affected by a hymn, a new one will have no effect on it - it will not cancel out the old hymn and apply the new one. Ref: Macallan, 2016-06-17. Ref: Macallan, 2016-06-17.
- A ranged weapon with Damage Type: Magical will be able to affect a model under Passage. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- The "Aegis" prayer applies to the whole unit, per the wording of the base "Prayers" ability. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
Karchev the Terrible
- Arcantrik Turbine cannot be used multiple times to increase movement multiple times. Ref: Closed Thread, 2016-06-16.
- Karchev takes extra damage from the Jack Hunter rule like other Warjacks due to rules on his card. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-29.
- Karchev cannot have damaged removed due to the Surplus rule on the Stockpile objective (Steamroller 2016). Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-07.
Koldun Kommander Aleksandra Zerkova (Zerkova 1)
- Grave Door - Only enemy models can be channeled through, and models must be boxed to have the rest of the ability applied to it (and the ability chosen to be used). Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-20.
Kommander Andrei Malakov
- Can only use one Battle Plan per turn. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-09.
- Battle Plan - Fighting Dirty (Ability) - Lasts for one turn. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-09.
Kommander Oleg Strakhov (Strakhov 1)
- Iron Fist (Feat) - Models that charge or slam an enemy model and gain movement and Pathfinder will keep the Pathfinder for the rest of that turn. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-21.
Kommander Sorscha (Sorscha 1)
- Tempest (Spell) - Does not do two damage rolls to the model directly hit by the attack, just the pow 12 damage roll done to all models hit. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
Supreme Kommandant Irusk (Irusk 2)
- Desperate Ground (Feat) - The "affected models" in the second sentence refers to the "Friendly Faction models" preceding it. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-18.
- Cannot use its Powerful Attack ability to boost attack & damage rolls outside of its normal activation. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-27.
- Rain of Death will have an errata like this: "Rain of Death (*Attack) - This attack does not need a target. Models B2B with this model suffer a POW 18 blast damage roll. Other models within 3˝ of this model suffer a POW 9 blast damage roll. This model is not affected by Rain of Death. When this model charges, instead of making a charge attack it can make a Rain of Death attack. Rain of Death damage is simultaneous. After a Rain of Death attack, this model can make additional melee attacks." Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Koldun Kapitan Valachev
- You cannot use a Special Action for a model until after the entire unit has completed movement. If you give the Press Forward order, Valachev cannot use a Special Action as he must run or charge. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-17.
Bane Witch Agathia
- Agathia counts as a Bane for the Desecrator and Tartarus' curse as it is in her name. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-29.
Goreshade the Bastard (Goreshade 1)
- Goreshade 1 can attach the Withershadow Combine to himself. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-05.
Lich Lord Terminus
- Shadow of Death will give incorporeal models (including Blackbane's Ghost Raiders) tough. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-16.
Lord Exhumator Scaverous
- Soul Harvester (Spell) - Souls from models killed go to Scaverous regardless of how close any other soul-gathering models are due to text on the card. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-28.
- Black Gate (Feat) - Black Gate has no interaction with Geomancy. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Master Necrotech Mortenebra
- Jump Start (Spell) - Warjacks knocked down this turn cannot use it to stand. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- Overrun (Spell) - May be cast several times a turn to have different models benefit. The restriction only prevents any given model from moving once per turn as a result of it. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-14.
- Overrun (Spell) - If cast by Deryliss (with Spell Slave), it will not function as Deryliss has no control range. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-17.
Skarre, Queen of the Broken Coast
- If a model with Spell Slave attached to Skarre casts Soul Strike and destroys a living enemy model, you can use the generated soul immediately to boost the damage from the Soul Strike. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-17.
The Witch Coven of Garlghast and Egregore
- The Withershadow Combine can be attached to the Witch Coven of Garlghast. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-12.
- Veil of Mists (Spell) - Veil of Mists does not remove any terrain it is covering for line-of-sight purposes. So if covering a forest, the forest will still block line of sight.Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-13.
- If the Withershadow Combine is attached, and any of the Witches have Admonia in their control range, the whole Witch Coven can upkeep 1 spell. The Coven can only benefit from Black Arts once. If three Witches have Admonia in their control range, they will only upkeep 1 spell for free. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- If an enemy casts Dissolution, Egregore takes d3 for each upkeep spell in the control range of the enemy model with Dissolution. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- if Egregore suffers a point of damage from Feedback, it must be assigned to a Witch. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- For the battlegroup that is built around the Coven, the Witches all use the same battlegroup and are all part of the same battlegroup. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- The Witch that casts the spell does not matter for who upkeeps it, and if the witch that casts an upkeep dies, it does not go away (unless all of the witches are destroyed). Ref: Darklegacy, 2016-08-16.
- The Withering (Feat) - Affects models within Deneghra's control range at the time the feat is used. Moving into or out of her control range later does not remove or apply the effect. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-21.
- Deathjack can use Annilation to gain enemy souls. But since he can't use them, the soul tokens will remain on him (doing nothing) for the rest of the game. Ref: DarkLegacy 2016-08-16.
- A Soul Trapper cannot remove these souls from Deathjack. Ref: DarkLegacy 2016-08-17
- Sweep power attacks are resolved at 2" and not 4", since power attacks do not use the special rules of weapons unless the special rule specifies, and a special rule (Chain Strike) is what gives the Kraken a 4" melee range during its activation. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
- When a model is removed from play due to Bone Picker, it will still generate soul/corpse tokens as able as it is removed from play at destroyed and not earlier in the destruction sequence. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
- Adding grunts to a unit with a Skarlock Commander : See Game Terms, Model Names & Rules References, above
- Multiple models can gain scrap tokens from Spare Parts for a destroyed warjack that is destroyed in each area of a Necrotech. This is because the model itself isn't generating the scrap token, the Necrotech is. It is different than soul/corpse tokens. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- Once the model is hit by the Machine Wraith, it changes control until Dark Domination is resolved. This includes resolving the damage from the Wraith's attack, so the damage the Machine Wraith inflicts on the warjack is actually one friendly model hurting another friendly model. Thus stuff like "Enliven" won't trigger because it's not damage from an enemy attack. Ref: DarkLegacy 2016-08-17
Necrosurgeon & Stitch Thralls
- A model of a unit needs to be in the CMD range of the Necrosurgeon, not the whole unit, to add models to that unit. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-14.
- Adding grunts to a unit with a Skarlock Commander : See Game Terms, Model Names & Rules References, above
- Satyxis Raiders must damage a warjack to trigger feedback. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-05.
The Withershadow Combine
- They can be attached to a Warcaster Unit. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
Retribution of Scyrah
- Perfect Execution (Feat) - Flank only requires another friendly faction warrior model to be within melee range, not engaged, per the other Flank/Gang/Gang Fighter changes. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-18.
Elara, Death's Shadow
- Closing Darkness (Feat) - Will affect all Friendly models with the feat and Boundless Charge, not just Friendly Faction models. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Garryth, the Blade of Retribution (Garryth 1)
- Vortex Lock (Feat) - Does not prevent warbeasts from forcing. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
- The shield is intended to have POW 1. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
- Models suffer from each instance of Arcane Void the model is within. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- Several spells are target SELF but affect other models (for instance, Flashing Blade). In this case the spellcaster needs to be in the Voidtracer's CMD range and the location of the other models is irrelevant. Ref: FearLord, 2016-08-08
- Targeting a unit that includes a Soulless Escort : See Game Terms, Model Names & Rules References, above
Houseguard Halberdier Officer & Standard
- When given the Shield wall order, the Shield Wall order affects the entire unit, giving it to every model in the unit that received the order. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-27.
- May be attached to Cylena Raefyll & Nyss Hunters. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-14.
- May be attached to Heavy Rifle Team, as they count as small-based models. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-15.
- Targeting a unit that includes a Soulless Escort : See Game Terms, Model Names & Rules References, above
Convergence of Cyriss
Prime Conflux & Ionization Servitors
- The "Ionization" bonus does not stack with multiple Servitors near a model. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-22.
Captain Phinneus Shae (Shae 1)
- Coup de Main (Spell) - Coup de Main only affects Privateer models. Affected warjacks are only the Privateer warjacks. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
- Gallant can only be taken in a Mercenary or Cygnar army. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-30.
- Range of the Avalance Cannon confirmed to be 12, as War Room states. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-15.
Eiryss, Angel of Retribution
- If the opponent chooses to allow an upkeep spell on a model hit by Eiryss's crossbow to drop, it will not gain an extra die of damage from Purgation as it drops before the damage roll step. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-28.
Master Gunner Dougal MacNaile
- Double Power Ration only works on Privateer models. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-08-13.
Alexia Ciannor & The Risen
- You can have a ranking officer attached, move Alexia out of formation so that spells can be cast on the unit, cast an upkeep on a model in the unit still in formation, then have Alexia move back in and be affected by the upkeep. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt
- Kiss of Lyliss affects models that currently match Lady Aiyana & Master Holt, not their Faction when it was cast. (Relevant for Ranking Officers.) Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
- There is no limit to models that can be added via the Shanghai ability. In Tournaments you must have all required models. Any Models you do not have to represent cannot enter play. Proxies are not allowed. Ref: Closed Thread, 2016-08-14.
Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan
- When attached to a Warcaster Unit, only affects the Warcaster and not other models in the unit. Ref: FearLord, 2016-06-14.
- A model starting its charge movement outside of Madelyn's command area still cannot make attacks after completing the charge movement against her or the warcaster when ending within her command area. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
- You can target a non-Warcaster model in a Warcaster unit with a unit-wide ability while within the range of Madelyn's Parlay ability. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
- When attached to the Witch Coven of Garlghast, the Parlay ability will prevent targeting any of the witches (but not the Egregore). Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-22.
- Madelyn can be attached to Cephalyx casters, if it is a non-Mercenary army using the Cephalyx caster in a multi-caster game. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
- Hyper-Aggressive and Ambush are added to the cards in War Room when using this theme, and are not normally on the cards. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-23.
- The Kingmaker's Theme Force can take Rangers as per WarRoom. It was missed in the NQ. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-10.
Madrak Ironhide, World Ender (Madrak 2)
- Desparate Hour (Feat) - A unit such as Fennblades, that has Cleave, needs to pick between Cleave and Berserk when they make an additional attack. Also, Overtake movement happens before Berserk attacks. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
- Grim Salvation (Ability)
- Will not work against Spells, as they are not basic attacks. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- Abilities tied to weapons making basic attacks will move to the new model, but special attacks will not move to a new model at all. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- Grim Salvation will prevent Chain Attacks as a different model is being hit. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- Combined Melee / Ranged attacks are basic attacks and can be moved to another model via Grim Salvation. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- If a special attack makes additional attacks, these attacks are basic attacks and can be moved via Grim Salvation. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-28.
Ragnor Skysplitter, the Runemaster (Ragnor 1)
- Rumber: Warhead (Weapon Ability)
- Will not cause corrosion to those within the AoE, as it just does a blast damage roll and is not caused by an attack. Ref: FearLord, 2016-07-26.
- The model hit by the attack will also take a pow 10 roll from the Warhead ability during step 8 of attack resolution, in addition to the normal hit from the attack. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-26.
- Raise Earth does not provide cover. Ref: FearLord, 2016-08-08
Krielstone Bearer & Stone Scribes
- Attaching Weapon Attachments to the unit will count toward the maximum amount of fury that can be on the Krielstone. Ref: Closed Thread, 2016-08-07.
- Harmonious Exaltation can reduce a spell cost from 1 to 0. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-15.
- Cannot be attached to Dannon Blythe & Bull, as the entire unit is not medium-based. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-21.
Krueger the Stormlord (Krueger 2)
- All models in his control area suffer -2 SPD, including ones immune to being pushed. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
Krueger the Stormwrath (Krueger 1)
- Storm Ravager (Feat) - Every model in the AOE suffers a POW 10 and it is not halved. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
Lord of the Feast
- Cannot Thresher and use the Raven int he same activation. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-27.
Tharn Ravager White Mane
- Two Tharn Ravager White Manes in close proximity will benefit from each other's veteran leader ability. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-12.
- Serenity can affect more than one warbeast from multiple stones. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- Blood Mark (Spell) - You spend one fury to upkeep, you'll spend one fury to transfer. If it is a warbeast, you cannot transfer to it if it is full on fury. The transfer target must be in control range to transfer to it. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-12.
Lord Arbiter Hexeris (Hexeris 2)
- Arcane Reaver (Feat): Cannot remove more tokens than what will take Hexeris to full on Fury. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-23.
Supreme Aptimus Zaal (Zaal 1)
- Direct Spirits (Ability) - You cannot give the souls to enemy models, only friendlies. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-18.
Zaal, the Ancenstral Advocate (Zaal 2)
- Direct Spirits (Ability) - Confirmed to work with models with the Soul Vessel rule. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
- Agonies apply their sub-name for their effect, so you can be affected by Gnawing Pain and Spiritual Affliction at the same time, for example. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- The Basilisk Krea will be affected by its own Animus, Force Aura, as it is always within 3" of itself. Ref: Closed thread, 2016-06-15.
- Superseded: If a non-Bronzeback Titan is within multiple Bronzeback Titans' Leadership [Titans] ability, they will only be able to use one instance of the effect. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- Current version: A non-Bronzeback Titan that is with the command range of multiple Bronzeback Titans can remove a point of fury when it ends its activation for every Bronzeback Titan's command range it is within. DarkLegacy 2016-09-16
- Hunting Pack will be in the errata to be something similar to this: Hunting Pack - This model gains a +1 cumulative bonus to melee attack and damage rolls for each Aradus warbeast or other model in this unit that has the model it is attacking in their melee range. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- Mount is intended to have RNG: 1. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-25.
Legion of Everblight
Bethayne, Voice of Everblight & Belphagor
- Bethayne owns all of the upkeeps when unmelded, Belphagor does when melded. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-27.
- Symbiosis (Feat) - Flank only requires another friendly faction warbeast to be within melee range, not engaged, per the other Flank/Gang/Gang Fighter changes. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-18.
- Bephalgor is a character model. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-19.
Lylyth, Reckoning of Everblight (Lylyth 3)
- The Reaping (Feat) - Applies to shots made by Lylyth as well after the feat is used. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-05.
Rhyas, Sigil of Everblight (Rhyas 1)
- Rapport (Spell) - Does not stack with Extended Control Range, as both simply state to double the Control Range. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-14.
- Tide of Blood (Feat) - Movement from the feat is resolved before a model is removed from the table when they are damaged. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-07.
Vayl, Consul of Everblight (Vayl 2)
- Dark Miracles (Feat) - Vayl can cast each animi for free, once no matter the number of warbeasts carrying the animus. Ref: Macallan, 2016-07-08.
- The only way the Archangel can move outside its normal movement is through use of Deceptively Mobile. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-18.
- Hunting Pack will be in the errata to be something similar to this: Hunting Pack - This model gains a +1 cumulative bonus to melee attack and damage rolls for each other model in this unit that has the model it is attacking their melee range. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- If there is no place to put the model, (due to for example a flying model taking a free strike while over another model and then dying, triggering Host) you cannot place the Incubus. Ref: Maudlin, 2016-06-12.
- When a tentacle uses Grip, the model hit is pushed directly towards the unit's officer Hellmouth. When it gets there, the Hellmouth (notice the lack of capital t) gets to make a basic melee attack against it. The weapon is with the Maw. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- Monster Mayhem (Feat) - You may target a model knowing the charge will not be successful (such as behind a wall), so long as the model can be targeted. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
Helga the Conqueror
- Grand Finale (Feat) - Weaponmaster and charge damage roll boosts will apply to hits affected by Grand Finale. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-28.
Sturm & Drang
- Psychic Apocalypse (Feat) - Only prevents allocating, not Empowering or Power Up. Avatar of Menoth would also receive foucs as normal. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-24.
- You do not add the base STR to the thrown spear, just modifiers. The base STR is already included in the P+S of the weapon. Ref: Closed Thread, 2016-08-06.
- If two Feralgeists controlled by two different players are near a beast when it is destroyed, the Active player will trigger first for Spirit Bind. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
- Any continuous effects on the beast remain when a Feralgeist uses Spirit Bond. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-06-16.
- Mischief is the name of the ability that is applied, independent of which ability is rolled. Mischief cannot stack. Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-07-29.
- Offerings to Kossk lasts one turn. (Will be errata'ed.) Ref: DarkLegacy, 2016-08-16.
- When you Frenzy, it is with the highest POW-melee weapon with range to the target. This will be in the errata. 
- A cloud effect that has the text for hazard within it (Eruption, Eruption of Ash, Breath of Corruption, and Murder of Crows) are both clouds and terrain. A spray will be blocked by a cloud effect that is also a hazard per the normal terrain rules for terrain blocking LOS. Dense Fog is a terrain effect so it will block LOS for sprays. 
- Something about "Replace" abilities vs "Place" abilities, in the checking status 
- You can't 'get rid of' focus to make melee attacks if no one is in melee range. 
- You can't get a critical on an AOE that misses, even if it still hits someone after deviating. 
- They're checking the intention of Bounding Leap 
Rulings from between 9th August & 17th August
- If you don't suffer damage, you don't take damage from Blight Storm DL 2016.08.17
- Powerful Attack must be declared before making any attack rolls, or not get it at all for that attack. DL 2016.08.17
- If there is no attack roll but there are damage rolls (for instance you targeted an AOE at someone out of range) then you must declare Powerful Attack before making any damage rolls, or not get it at all for that attack. DL 2016.08.17
- If you forget to move your model, but don't declare you "forfeit movement", then: Not moving and not changing facing = not advancing. Changing facing = advancing. 
- A model with Dual Attack can make the attacks in any order. If they charge, they can do either melee or ranged first. If you charge and do ranged first, it doesn't change the fact that your first melee attack is the charge attack.
- If an ability says you can ignore LOS through [X], you always ignore LOS though [X]. The "can" is not optional and it doesn't let you "opt out" to try and force a free strike or some other weird advantage 
- With Spell Slave, the model that casts the spell is the spellcaster 
- "Stuff" about units including mixed model types (such as Mechanithralls + Skarlock Commander) 
- You cannot repair forcefields, but you can spend focus to remove damage 
- Darius's Crane doesn't work on himself 
- Temporal Distortion does not stack with itself. 
- Overlapping Forests & Clouds do not merge. This means a model completely within two different clouds, but not completely within either, will not benefit. 
- Wild Growth's movement restrictions expire the moment the spell expires. 
- Despoiler doesn't affect the cost of "non focus/fury" payments (such as spending souls to upkeep spells) 
- Geomancy and Spell Slave do not interact with Lamentation 
- (Mulg and Doomshaper3) If multiple abilities affect the cost of upkeeps and spells, then you first double then add. Or double twice. 
- How Coven's Power Field works: 
Rulings from between 16th September & 23rd September
- Rampager is not an activation 
- If Berserk triggers at the same time as another "attack generating" ability, Berserk means you must make an attack. But it can be either a Berserk attack or the other one. 
- Direct Spirits does not allow a Soul Taker to gain souls that it couldn't normally gain. 
- A model at its soul limit cannot gain extra souls via Direct Spirits 
- The Large-base volume image in the rulebook is incorrect 
- Stuff about Ground Pounder 
- Swamp Gobber River Raiders can benefit from Hawk's buff to their Hand Weapons 
- Double damage from Decapitation before reducing it by spending focus. 
- When you cast Ritual Sacrifice, you roll the d6 immediately (not when Skarre1 activates) 
- Casting Ritual Sacrifice multiple times has no benefit. You keep the d6 result from the first casting. 
- When a mannikin spends fury from the Sentry Stone, it is the model spending fury for stuff like Asphyxious3's feat. 
- A Titan can benefit from multiple Bronzeback Titan's leadership effects (reversal of earlier ruling) 
- "Normal Movement" and "Movement" are not the same thing. "Normal Movement" is a subset of "Movement". 
- 'Retroactively applied' triggers (such as a model gaining Sprint after it has already killed a model) are being "Checked".  
- When Self-Sacrifice is used it is SS which destroys a model, not the original attack. Thus it prevents stuff like Black Spot and Berserk from triggering 
- If a model with Sentry has different Attack Types, it can choose which to use 
- For the Blightbreather, the shot will have no extra effects applied because "reasons" 
- Gallant can only be taken in Mercenary or Cygnar forces. 
- Alten Ashley vs melded Bethyane is being checked 
- Whether Wurmwood's feat stays centred on him after he has teleported is being checked 
- Dodge will trigger if an AOE misses, even if the original model is still hit by the deviated AOE. 
- Consume works vs Incorporeal models 
- Radiance of Morrow's range is being checked 
Rulings from 3 Nov 2016
- Deathbound on the Revenant Crew has been clarified to specify the "Leader" instead of the "unit leader" which means if the Leader is RFP'd no field promotion occurs and Deathbound is lost for the rest of the game. Link.
- The Corruptor's Psycho Venom does not let you activate your meat node. Link.
- The Corruptor's Distillation will heal one of the three Witches in the Coven. It doesn't divide up. Link.
- Egregore will not lose a point of focus when hit by Energy Siphon. However, the model using Energy Siphon will gain a focus. (Yay for breaking focus conservation laws!) Link.
- Aiakos can cast spells and use abilities before resolving his Assault ranged attack if his charge is successful. If it is not, no abilities or spells can be used. Link.
- Aiakos can use abilities and spells before using Jump (the same is true for Bounding Leap). Link.
- Lightning Strike is retroactive but spells like Synergy are not. You cannot benefit from actions that would trigger the benefit before the spell is cast when the spells effects are not limited to a single activation. Link.
- Frenzy is always resolved with the highest POW melee weapon that has range to the target. Never a ranged weapon. Ranged weapons are pretty much always higher POW than melee weapons so warbeasts with ranged weapons that could be used on a charge would have to have been used during a frenzy. Link.
- Eruption of Faith (Protectorate battle engine) is unboostable. Link.