Theme - Infernal Machines
You may be looking for one of these:
Cryx Theme Force
The true might of the Nightmare Empire lies in its endless tide of undead thralls and the power of its helljacks.
- 1 Theme Rules
- 2 Thoughts on this Theme Force
- 3 Other
Theme Force Restrictions
An Infernal Machines army can only include Cryx models from the following list:
|Allowed models|| Which includes |
Last updated 2017.07
|Cryx warcasters||Too many to bother listing|
| Non-character warjacks
||Too many to bother listing|
|The following character warjacks|
|Iron Lich models/units|
|Solos with the Battlegroup Controller ability|
|Various specific models|
|Up to one Mercenary solo and one Mercenary unit||Too many to bother listing|
Theme Force Bonuses
- You may include one Mercenary solo and one Mercenary unit that will work for Cryx.
- These models can be included even if they have the Partisan [Cryx] rule.
- Mercenary units in this army can include attachments.
- For every full 20 points of Thrall models/units in your army, you can add for free either
- One Necrosurgeon unit, or
- One command attachment, or
- One non-character solo.
- Free models/units do not count toward the total point value of Thrall models/units when calculating this bonus.
- Warjacks in the army gain Hyper-Aggressive. (Hyper-Aggressive - When this model suffers damage from an enemy attack, except when advancing, after the attack it can make a full advance directly towards the attacker.)
- One Mechanithrall unit in the army gains Ambush. (Ambush - This unit may choose not to deploy normally, and instead be deployed completely within 3" of an edge of the board (excluding the back of your opponent's deployment zone) on any turn after the first. )
- 2017.06 Errata
- The Wraith Engine was added to the theme force.
Thoughts on this Theme Force
Theme - Infernal Machines in a nutshell
This theme specialises in the Thralls of Cryx, which are the "cheap swarm" undead, and also warjacks.
Alternatively it's the Cryx theme force for warjacks, giving them hyperaggressive for free at the cost of only allowing Cankerworm, Barathrum, Erebus, Kharybdis, or Nightmare if you are using that warjack's named caster. The trick to an Infernal Machines list built this way is that if you're building jack-heavy you build your list normally then see how close you are to this theme force.
At present Infernal Machines is considered the second best way of spamming infantry in Cryx after The Ghost Fleet. Lots of infantry, lots of recursion - but Infernal Machines lacks Gang when compared to Ghost Fleet. It also gets fewer free points than Ghost Fleet.
Drawbacks & Downsides
It does nothing to increase FA. So the only reason you can swarm better than out of theme is that you get your Necrosurgeons for free.
Popular casters include:
- Any jack caster
- Captain Aiakos goes well with McThralls, fixing their MAT - and also likes the jacks he gets - and finally gives this list an assassination threat.
- Lich Lord Terminus makes the entire swarm tough. He's lacking Orin to protect him from spells however.
- Warwitch Deneghra goes well with everything.
Unpopular casters include:
- Goreshade the Cursed wants a completely different list with more expensive infantry.
List building tips
Go for either your jack line or your McThrall swarm. Not both.
Rules Clarification : Theme Forces (Edit)
Models in this Theme Force
Refer to Category: Infernal Machines