Covered in holy script and able to channel the divine power of Menoth’s clergy through its arc node, the Guardian is a walking icon of the Creator’s might. It is one of the most versatile weapons in the Protectorate’s arsenal, and its presence inspires the faithful to righteous fury. Sanctified and blessed to serve as the bane of profane spellcasters, the imposing Indictor is a bastion of spiritual power against which the foes of the Protectorate must tremble in fear.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Shield - 1" reach, P+S 13 melee attack.
- Shield - This 'weapon' is a shield that provides a cumulative +2 ARM bonus. The bonus doesn't apply if the weapon is crippled or if the damage originates in your back arc.
- Banisher - 1" reach, P+S 17 melee attack.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Consecration - Enemy models can't cast, channel or upkeep spells while within 5" of an Indictor.
- Sacred Ward - This model can't be targeted by enemy spells.
Thoughts on Indictor
Indictor in a nutshell
The Indictor, like its fellow shield jack the Templar is a slow jack with defensive and offensive tech and a shield - indeed these two jacks can be swapped out, one for the other as they cost the same amount and have related roles.
Combos & Synergies
- The Indictor is a real "Know your Enemy" jack - weak except against forward playing casters (preferably melee casters) - but against some, especially Lord Commander Stryker and Orsus Zoktavir, The Butcher Unleashed it can be worth its weight in gold to shut down their assassinations.
- The Indictor likes any caster that can give it speed.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- In roughly 80% of games the Templar is simply going to be more useful. Longer reach, Beat Back, and Chain Weapon beats Blessed while shooting is more likely than nearby enemies casting spells given how slow it is.
Tricks & Tips
- Look for the opportunity to destroy all the opponent's upkeeps.
Released in Warmachine: Vengeance (2014)
Themes for non-character warjacks (Edit)
- The Creator's Might - (Article) (Category)
- Exemplar Interdiction - (Article) (Category)
- The Faithful Masses - (Article) (Category)
- Guardians of the Temple - (Article) (Category)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|
| * The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon. That is, stuff like arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)