|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
Masters of the unpredictable and lethal terrain of the Bloodstone Marches, most Idrian tribesmen converted to the Lawgiver but preserved their nomadic ways. They excel at stalking, ambush, and desert warfare and have turned these talents to the service of Menoth. With their ancient, curved blades and newly adopted rifles, these ruthless warriors cut down enemies for faith and coin across all nations of Immoren.
Chieftain & Guide - Command Attachment
"Do not forget that Menoth was the first great hunter, tracking the spawn of the Devourer Wurm across the skies." - Retek Sabukhari, Idrian Guide
|Unit Size|| 6/10 |
|Cost|| 9/15 |
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Leader, Grunts, & Guide
- Military Rifle - 10" range, POW 11 gun.
- Kopis - 0.5" range, P+S 10 melee weapon.
- Brutal Charge - This model gains +2 damage on charge attacks with this weapon.
- Military Rifle - As above.
- Kopis (x2) - As above, but double the fun.
- Entire Unit
- Mercenary - Will work as a Protectorate Partisan.
- Partisan [Protectorate of Menoth] - When included in a Protectorate of Menoth army, this model/unit is a Protectorate of Menoth model/unit instead of a Mercenary model/unit.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a cumulative +1 bonus on accuracy and damage for each model involved.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- The Chieftain has +1 MAT, RAT, CMD, and 5 hitpoints.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Go to Ground (Minifeat) - Once per game, models in this unit can gain cover and immunity to blast damage and will not block LOS for one round. The effect on each model ends if that model moves or is placed or engaged.
- Tactics: Reposition [3"] - The unit gains Reposition [3"]. (Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.)
- The Guide has 5 hitpoints.
- Granted: Prey - While this model is still alive and in formation all of the unit gains Prey. (Prey - After deployment but before the first player's turn, choose an enemy model/unit to be this model/unit's prey. This model gains +2 to attack and damage rolls against its prey. When the prey is destroyed or removed from play, choose another model/unit to be the prey.)
Thoughts on Idrian Skirmishers
Idrian Skirmishers in a nutshell
Without the hunter and guide Idrian Skirmishers would appear to be an inferior version of Croe's Cutthroats - slightly cheaper and getting a combined ranged attack rather than Reposition, backstab, and Stealth. Almost no one plays the skirmishers without the chieftain and guide. Prey gives them some serious hitting power, while Go To Ground and Reposition are both fine things to have on skirmishing units and make the Idrians a feared combat unit
Combos & Synergies
- Anything that can keep them alive.
- Snipe goes great with Reposition 3"
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Incoming fire has right of way and Idrians have low defensive stats.
- If the enemy can remove the Chieftain and Guide that seriously weakens the unit. Watch out for spot removal.
- Don't prey a unit or the enemy will hide the last member
Tricks and Tips
- Keep the Chieftain and Guide right at the back (normally with the guide being about 6" behind the chieftain). If the enemy gets the chance to take them out, the guide in particular, they will do so crippling the unit.
Unit & CA were both released in Warmachine: Legends (2008)
|Mercenary|| Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)
Note: When taken in the The Faithful Masses theme, they doesn't count against your "up to one Merc unit" allowance.
Other Faction models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|
Note to Editors