Hypnos, a myrmidon of the most exacting construction, is of the creation of Lord Arcanist Ossyan's own labors. The lord arcanist has forged an insoluble connection with Hypnos, allowing it to draw energy from Ossyan and become an extension of his abilities. In his presence the myrmidon’s phase gun is imbued with synchronized energy; those struck by it become nonconductive to mystical channeling, thwarting the use of arc nodes as well as the delicate synergy between warbeast and warlock. Once it closes upon an enemy warjack, Hypnos pounds it with fists armed with specially-designed force projectors. Even a glancing blow from these weapons can stagger a warjack as its cortex signals overload, causing it to seize up and become helpless.
Weapons and Attacks
- Phase Gun - Average range & POW gun with a medium AOE.
- Heavy Arcano-Pulse Fist - Average reach, high P+S melee weapon.
- Light Arcano-Pulse Fist - Average reach, high P+S melee weapon. Slightly less POW than the heavy fist.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Arc Node - This model can channel spells cast by its controlling Warcaster.
- Bond: (Ossyan) - While in Ossyan's battlegroup, this model gains Shadow Bind on his ranged weapon
- Sacred Ward - This model can't be targeted by enemy spells.
Thoughts on Hypnos
Note to Editors
Comparison to Mk2
- Affinity changed to a bond
- Phase Gun gained Ghost Shot
- Phase Gun AoE increased
- Mechanikal Seizure replaced by Shadow Bind
- Gained a point of STR
- Lost 2 hit boxes
Hypnos in a nutshell
Hypnos is the red dot scope that your army will be seeing through as long as he is with Ossyan, and he will most likely always be with Ossyan. With the bond he gets, Hypnos's medium AOE gives shadow bind on whatever is directly hit and causes whatever is hit to most likely be dead by the end of that turn, that is if his shot isn't being used to clear infantry waves. Couple that with Ossyan's field marshal together they are a force to be reckoned with. Don't forget that his melee has shadow bind on it automatically so after one punch he is going to continue punching until all thats left is a heap of scrap metal or mangled bones.
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
Theme Forces this is a member of
- None yet
Other Retribution models
|Retribution of Scyrah - Faction models (Edit)|
|Warcasters||Rahn1 - Vyros1 - Vyros2 - Elara2 - Garryth1 - Issyria1 - Kaelyssa1 - Ossyan1 - Ravyn1 - Thyron1 - Helynna1|
|Warcaster attachments||Sylys Wyshnalyrr (Retribution) - Madelyn Corbeau (Mercenary)|
|Other Controllers||Elara1 (BGC)|
|Light warjacks|| Aspis - Chimera - Gorgon - Griffon|
|Heavy warjacks|| Banshee - Daemon - Hydra - Manticore - Phoenix - Sphinx|
Discordia - Hypnos - Imperatus
|Colossal||Hyperion - Helios|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Destors - Invictors - Sentinels - Heavy Rifle Team - Swordsmen - Battle Mages - Electromancers - Halberdiers - Riflemen - Infiltrators - Strike Force Stormfall Archers|
Special: Eiryss3 (CA) - Soulless Escort (WA)
|Solos|| Arcanist Mechanik - Destor Thane - Sentinel Scyir - Ghost Sniper - Artificer - Magister - Houseguard Thane - Lys Healer - Assassin - Soulless Voidtracer|
Eirrys1 - Eiryss2 - Elara1 - Issyen - Narn - Nayl
|Battle Engines||Arcantrik Force Generator|
|Retibution of Scyrah - Mercenary/Minion models (Edit)|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Lanyssa Ryssyl, Nyss Sorceress - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|