Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
Armed with a mace large enough to crush a man in a single stroke and potent alchemical compounds derived from formulas known to only a few, Hutchuck possesses a combination of brute force and adaptability that makes him one of the most sought-after bounty hunters operating within the Iron Kingdoms. Hutchuck offers his services only to those with deep pockets.
|Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Alchemical Grenades - 8" range, AOE 3, POW 12 gun
- Attack Type - When you make an attack with this weapon you must choose one of the following types:
- Mace - 2" reach, P+S 14 melee weapon
- Minion - Works as a Circle Orboros minion, Skorne minion, or Trollblood minion
- Mercenary - Works as a Cygnar mercenary or Khador mercenary
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Alchemical Mask - This model ignores gas effects entirely, and clouds for the purposes of LOS and attacks.
- Ambush - This unit may choose not to deploy normally, and instead be deployed completely within 3" of an edge of the board (excluding the back of your opponent's deployment zone) on any turn after the first.
- Take Down - Models disabled in melee by this model cannot use Tough. Models boxed in melee by this model are RFP'd.
- Wild Shot - Hutchuk can shoot before his Normal Movement. But if he does, he can only make melee attacks during his Combat Action.
Thoughts on Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter
Hutchuk, Ogrun Bounty Hunter in a nutshell
Hutchuck is a hybrid combat and support solo who prefers to ambush, then lob a grenade and charge if he can. It forces your opponent to be pretty cautious around the board edges. As a free solo, he's pretty good, but he faces stiff competition.
Combos & Synergies
He works well with a unit/model that like to be on the flank, such as Croe's Cutthroats. If the enemy come towards the flank to deal with those guys, Hutchuk can ambush them.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He's overpriced, easily killed and very situational.
- Wild Shot means you can't aim if you charge after shooting.
Tricks & Tips
- Wild Shot lets Hutchuck throw a bomb and then charge something - effectively a more versatile assault, though Assault gets the projectile farther down range
- Brain damage stops spells and animi, Quake must directly hit an enemy model to knock down. Rust Bomb only works on warjacks. Plan ahead.
- Hutchuk appeared briefly in The Malcontents Book One: Into the Storm, by Larry Correia and was originally an IKRPG character created by his son.
- Released 2016.02
|Cygnar (Edit)||Khador (Edit)|
|Circle Orboros (Edit)||Skorne (Edit)|
Other Faction models
| M |
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau - Reinholdt - Wyshnalyrr|
|Lesser Warlocks||Rorsh & Brine (Farrow) - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw (Gatorman)|
|Units|| Cephalyx Mind Bender - Cephalyx Mind Slaver - Cephalyx Overlords - High Shields - Artillery Corps - Forge Guard - Idrian Skirmishers - Kayazy Assassins - Kayazy Eliminators - Ogrun Assault Corps - Precursor Knights - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Pirates - Deck Gun - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Heavy Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Tactical Arcanist Corps - Thorn Gun Mages|
Special CA: Cephalyx Dominator
|Character Units||Alexia1 - Sam & The Devil Dogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Nyss Hunters - Blythe & Bull - Boomhowlers - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt - Lynus & Edrea - Commodore Cannon - Devil's Shadow Mutineers|
|Solos||Cephalyx Agitator - Gobber Tinker - Ogrun Bokur - Swamp Gobber River Raider|
|Character Solos||Alexia2 - Alten Ashley - Anastasia Di Bray - Bloody Bradigan - Bosun Grogspar - Brun & Lug - Colbie - Dahlia & Skarath - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eilish Garrity - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone1 - Gorman - Gudrun - Harlan Versh - Hutchuk - Kell Bailoch - Lanyssa - Rockbottom - Major Harrison Gibbs - Dougal - Orin - Ragman - Raluk - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Savio - Saxon - Sergeant Nick - Stannis - Taryn - Thor - Viktor - Wrong Eye & Snapjaw|
|Battle Engines||Hammerfall Siege Crawler|
|Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Hammer Strike - The Irregulars - The Kingmaker's Army - Operating Theater - The Talion Charter - Llaelese Resistance|