- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Hurricane
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Storm Emitter (x2) - 12" range, POW 16 guns
- Cannon (x2) - 14" range, POW 13, AOE 4 guns
- Shock Fist (x2) - 2" reach, P+S 20 melee weapons
- Colossal - Colossals are giant warjacks, even bigger and stompier. They all share a stack of standard special rules.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Immunity: Electricity - This model is not damaged by electric weapons, and is ignored when determining lightning arcs.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Turbulence - Models activating near this model lose Flight. This ability affects a large area.
- Arc Node - This model can channel spells cast by its controlling Warcaster.
Thoughts on Hurricane
Hurricane in a nutshell
The Hurricane is Cygnar's second Colossal - an arc node centrepiece for your army (so it can extend the range of spells - but won't get back arc bonusses) with two very powerful main guns and a couple of decent secondary guns. As a rule the Stormwall is better at hurting infantry and gets lightning pods, the Hurricane is better at hurting armoured targets and gets an arc node.
Combos & Synergies
- ARM 19 is fair, but not exactly exceptional. With such a large points investment, you want to be casting Arcane Shield on the Hurricane to keep it in the game as long as possible.
- So if that's not available to your Warcaster, it really is a good idea to include a Journeyman Warcaster.
- Its main guns are electrical meaning it takes all the electrical buffs and suffers electrical immunities - models like the Firefly and Nemo3 buff it
- Assassination 'casters love the potential of the enemy Warcaster getting knocked down. the Slam from the Storm Emitters offers this from a significant distance.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- The more jacks you have, the more Power Up focus you have access to. With two Defenders, you can have two fully boosted (i.e. hit and damage rolls) Heavy Barrel shots. With the same two focus applied to a Hurricane, you can only fully boost one Storm Emitter shot and either boost the attack roll or damage roll for the 2nd.
- This is what makes a Hurricane a worthwhile option with Caine2 - Fire for Effect means you fully boost one Storm Emitter, allocate one focus to boost the attack roll of the second and use the Power Up focus to boost the damage roll.
- It's not a Stormwall. The Lightning Pod offers all sorts of tactical play via Electro Leaps and Lightning Generator on other Cygnaran models as well as being able to contest flags and zones.
- Despite being able to shoot when engaged, it still can't arc spells when engaged.
Tricks & Tips
- Flatten everything. Worry about engaging if you really want the arc node to come into play.
Comparison to Mk2
- There wasn't the Power Up rule.
- The rules were published in the Warmachine : Reckoning expansion book (2015), but only released in April 2017.
- Part of the "second wave" of colossal models.
Cygnar non-character warjack themes (Edit)
Other faction models