House Shyeel Arcanists
|Crucible Guard CID is now live (Edit)||
|House Shyeel Arcanists|
|2.3 points each|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Multi-Tool - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Force Barrier - This model gains +2 DEF vs ranged attacks and is immune to blast damage.
- Repair [d3+1] (★ Action) - This model can remove d3+1 damage points from a friendly Faction construct model in B2B.
- Magic Ability [ 5 ] - This model can use its Combat Action to cast spells. Offensive spells are a (★ Attack) and friendly spells are a (★ Action).
Thoughts on House Shyeel Arcanists
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally, have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, have reviewed this article, and either you A) agree with the content 100% or B) for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
House Shyeel Arcanists in a nutshell
A small unit of mechanics who primarily give focus to your jacks. Though 1 more point than 3 Arcanist solos they are far more resistant to being killed at range, and are immune to blasts - something that is commonly used to dispatch elusive, but squishy support models. You can also still take the Arcanist solos making them a great bonus if you are running jack heavy.
Combos & Synergies
- Adeptis Rahn - On Feat turn you can get some good use out of their offensive spell.
- Any caster who wants to run their jacks well but still cast spells to.
- Arcanist Mechanik - a fair work union; he provides Concentrated Power, while the unit handles out Empower.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- 1 more point than 3 Arcanist solos, but you are paying that for their resilience.
- As they are a unit, they can't spread around as much as 3 Arcanist solos, and you can't get them for free in themes either.
- Even with blast immunity, they can still be easily killed by auto-hitting things - most notably collateral damage and electro leaps.
Tricks & Tips
- Remember, they're not solos; you'll need them to be in formation to be useful.
- Though primarily there to give your jacks focus, don't be afraid to use their offensive spell.
- 2 giving focus and 1 fixing will run a full jack for you caster quite well.
- Scale your repair needs. Considering the worst scenario, 1 can repair 2 crippled systems on your jack. The AFGis also a fine target for repairing, considering that it is especially well defended against ranged attacks.
- Originally released 2017.04
Other Retribution models
|Retribution Mercenary Models/Units|
|Units||Lady Aiyana & Master Holt - Lynus Wesselbaum & Edrea Lloryrr|
|Solos||Dahlia Hallyr & Skarath - Eilish Garrity - Madelyn Corbeau, Ordic Courtesan|