Horthol, Long Rider Hero
|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
|Horthol, Long Rider Hero|
|SPD||7 / 5|
|ARM||18 / 16|
|HP||10 / 8|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Long Hammer - 2" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Mount - 0.5" reach, 14 POW mount.
- Dragoon - Dragoons begin the game as a Cavalry model but can become dismounted during play. When they do so, their stats go down slightly and they lose some of their special rules & equipment.
- Elite Cadre [Trollkin Long Riders] - Friendly Trollkin Long Riders models gain Line Breaker (as below).
- Mounted only
- Cavalry - All Cavalry come with a stack of standard special rules, most notably Impact Attacks and auto-boosted charge attacks.
- Bull Rush - Horthol can make slam power attacks. When resolving the slam, use the Mount's POW instead of the rider's STR for the slam damage roll. After resolving the slam and the Follow Up, you can make a basic melee attack.
- Line Breaker - This model gets an extra die on impact attack rolls.
- Follow Up - When this model slams an enemy model, immediately after the slam is resolved this model can advance directly toward the slammed model, up to the distance the slammed model was moved.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
- Dismounted only
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
2017.07 Northkin CID
- Gained +1" reach on his hammer.
Thoughts on Horthol, Long Rider Hero
Horthol, Long Rider Hero in a nutshell
Horthol is a fairly tough cavalry solo. Critical Smite on his hammer makes him better than the average long rider at knocking stuff down. He can charge through small-based infantry with ease with line breaker and elite MAT, and get a boosted attack roll for a fairly reliable critical smite on his charge target. He doesn't give as much to his fellow Long Riders as most other Cavalry solos with Elite Cadre, and costs as much as 2 long riders. He has more boxes and higher armor than 2 long riders, however, so he likes armor buffs, such as Horgle 2's buff, and the ever-present stone aura. Cavalry can be hard to keep in the aura when they charge, and keep in mind that stone strength will only affect his hammer, not the mount.
Combos & Synergies
- Trollkin Long Riders - naturally. He gives them Line Breaker, enabling them to smash through swarms.
- Krielstone - he's incredibly tough, being a dragoon. The tougher the model the more the Krielstone helps.
- Anyone that can draw him back out so he can charge again.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- Line Breaker isn't that great and he costs as much as two Long Riders.
Tricks & Tips
- Slam away. He does great slams.
Released in Hordes: Metamorphosis (2009)
Other Trollblood models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
| Mount Weapon
Impact Attacks - Movement
Impact Attacks - The attack(s)
Impact Attacks - Other