Horgle, the Anvil
The destruction of his kriel at the talons of Everblight’s legion set Horgle Ironstrike on a solitary path of fiery conflict. Though he has found a new sense of purpose in forging weapons for other kriels, he preserves his autonomy and refuses to put down roots. Horgle’s journeys draw him ever toward sites of bloodshed and mayhem as he seeks to unleash his simmering rage against all enemies of the trollkin race.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Horgle, the Anvil
- 3 Other
|See also How to Read the statblock|
Weapons and Attacks
- Forge Weapons (x2) - 1" reach, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Damage Type: Magical - This weapon can damage incorporeal models.
- Continuous Fire - A model hit by this attack is set on fire. A model on fire suffers a POW 12 fire damage roll in Maintenance phase of owner's turn until the fire expires.
- Chain Attack Ignition - If two initial attacks with the weapon hit the same target, afterwards the target and nearby models suffer a fire damage roll and continuous fire.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Immunity: Fire - This model does not suffer fire damage, nor the continuous fire effect.
- Field Marshal [Immunity:Fire] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Immunity:Fire.
- Burnt Meat - Warbeasts in this model's battlegroup can charge enemy models that are on fire for free.
- Consuming Flames - Average range, low POW spell that does fire damage and inflicts continuous fire.
- Firestarter - Average cost upkeep. Target model in this model's battlegroup gains Continuous Fire on its weapons.
- Inviolable Resolve - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Friendly Faction model/unit gains +2 ARM and cannot be moved by a push or slam. Doesn't work while out of formation.
- Solid Ground - Cost 2, self target upkeep spell. Friendly Faction models in control range get immunity to knockdown and blast damage.
Feat: Stoking the Flames
Friendly faction models get boosted attack and damage rolls vs enemies in Horgle's control range that are on fire. Stoking the Flames lasts for one turn.
Thoughts on Horgle, the Anvil
Horgle, the Anvil in a nutshell
OK. Whose idea was it to give the Trollbloods Solid Ground? Meaning that the Tough trolls get to stay on their feet when they make a tough roll. And so they can keep making them until they fail. The rest of his abilities are decent - but that's the huge one.
Thoughts on when & how to best use his feat & spells
Typical Strategy & Army
Horgle loves him some attrition. Between making his trolls tougher than tough, making things catch on fire, and making his army have higher armor and unmovable, he is all about having way more dudes on his side then the opponent's on turn 5. He can also totally make people like Kreoss1, Harkevich, Magnus, and anyone else that relies heavily on knockdown and AOEs shake their fists with rage. He really doesn't have many downsides either, he can even hit okay in melee, although he is very much a support caster.
Common army selection
Horgle obviously loves high DEF infantry - blast immune and tough without suffering knockdown.
- Dire Troll Bomber I am the firestarter! The twisted firestarter! Two bombs is a great target for Firestarter.
- Pyg Burrowers. They are tough, advance deploying, have decent DEF, and murder heavies on feat turn.
- Trollkin Sluggers post-errata utterly destroy heavies on feat turn.
- Northkin Fire Eaters - more burning is good and works really well with the feat.
- Trollkin Champions make good use of the extra toughness from Inviolable Resolve.
- Trollkin Fennblades are good solid infantry,
- Krielstone is as ever ubiquitous.
- Croak Raiders Oil for auto boosted fire damage + burnt meat = extreme fury saver, they also set things on fire perfect synergy.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- People hate those tough rolls
Tricks and Tips
Trollblood - Warlock generic themes (Edit)
Other Trollbloods Models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|
Rules Clarification : Feat : Stoking the Flames