Horgenhold Artillery Corps
The clan lords of Rhul viewed the advent of artillery among the human nations of the Iron Kingdoms with amusement. The Rhulic Moot has traditionally taken a dim view of mercenary operations, but in recent years the profits certain clan lords have gained is difficult to dismiss. Certain provisions were made to allow Rhulic mercenaries abroad to equip themselves with siege cannons and other weapons of war. Their powerful mortars are extremely destructive and can be fired indirectly, giving the Rhulic army an intimidating ability to control the battlefield.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
|Horgenhold Artillery Corps|
Weapons and Attacks
Axe - 0,5" range, P+S 8 melee weapon
Siege Cannon - 16" range, AOE 4 POW 14 ranged weapon
- Arcing Fire - When attacking with this weapon, this model can ignore intervening models except those within 1" of the target.
- Brutal Damage - On a direct hit, gain an additional die on this weapon's damage rolls against the target directly hit.
- Man-Sized - This model is on a large base, but is treated as being on a small one.
- Mobile Artillery - When this model moves, it gains additional movement for each Grunt nearby.
- Take Up - If this model is killed you may instead remove a Grunt within 1". Remove any effects on this model, and apply any effects that were on the old grunt.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
Thoughts on Horgenhold Artillery Corps
Horgenhold Artillery Corps in a nutshell
The Horgenhold Artillery Corps does exactly what you would expect and what its stats indicate. Moves slowly then drops medium AoEs that mess up anything it directly hits - and mess up any infantry caught in the blast. There's very little to say about it other than that it's good enough to be used in competitive play at the moment.
Combos & Synergies
- Durgen Madhammer buffs them with his feat.
- General Ossrum loves all dwarves. Juggle Fire for Effect between two of these if you want to see things disappear from the battlefield.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Incoming fire has right of way - if it can get in range
Tricks and Tactics
Take potshots at the back of the enemy lines.
Changes from Mk2
- Almost all artillery got massively buffed after Mk2 - they needed it.
- RAT increased by 1
- Siege Cannon AoE increased to medium
- Gunner SPD decreased by 1, gained Mobile Artillery to compensate
- Grunts gained a point of SPD to keep pace with the Gunner
- Lost Range Finder
- Gained Brutal Damage
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces: