Horgenhold Artillery Corps
The clan lords of Rhul viewed the advent of artillery among the human nations of the Iron Kingdoms with amusement. The Rhulic Moot has traditionally taken a dim view of mercenary operations, but in recent years the profits certain clan lords have gained is difficult to dismiss. Certain provisions were made to allow Rhulic mercenaries abroad to equip themselves with siege cannons and other weapons of war. Their powerful mortars are extremely destructive and can be fired indirectly, giving the Rhulic army an intimidating ability to control the battlefield.
|Horgenhold Artillery Corps|
|SPD||2 / 4|
|Unit Size|| 1 Gunner|
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Axe - 0.5" reach, P+S 8 melee weapon
- Gunner only
- Axe - As above
- Siege Cannon - 16" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 ranged weapon
- Mercenary - will work as a Cygnar mercenary or Protectorate of Menoth mercenary.
- Gunner only
- Man-Sized - This model is on a large base, but is treated as being on a small one.
- Mobile Artillery - When this model moves, it gains additional movement for each Grunt nearby.
- Take Up - If this model is killed you may instead remove a Grunt within 1". Remove any effects on this model, and apply any effects that were on the old grunt.
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
Thoughts on Horgenhold Artillery Corps
Horgenhold Artillery Corps in a nutshell
The Horgenhold Artillery Corps are a staple of Hammer Strike lists with Ossrum and Durgen. They are quite capable of causing signiicant damage to both high ARM, and bunched up infantry from complete safety. In Hammer Strike, they are even allowed to reposition after firing.
Combos & Synergies
- Durgen Madhammer buffs them with his feat.
- General Ossrum loves all dwarves. Juggle Fire for Effect between two units of these guys if you want to see things disappear from the battlefield.
- Siege1 - even though you cannot make them Friendly Faction models, a POW 14 Brutal Damage shot will leave a mark under his feat.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Incoming fire has right of way - if it can get in range. Take Up makes the mortar harder to remove.
- Consequently, watch out for RFP attacks, targeting the mortar.
- Grunts only have axes, so can't take potshots.
Tricks and Tips
- If taken in Hammer Strike, the unit is 1" faster if it walks and Reposition than if it runs.
- Remember arcing fire and use it to put blasts in the best spots.
- It is man-sized, so you can hide behind other models.
- Reinforcements from the Siege Crawler can occasionally bring back grunts to the unit too (not the artillery, though).
- Released in Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (2010)
|Protectorate of Menoth (Edit)||Cygnar (Edit)|
Other Mercenary models