|This server will go offline in September 2018. Please migrate to our new server, Warmachine University|
|For more info on why we're moving to a new server, check out the Brief History section on the new main page, and/or listen to episode 45 of the LOS podcast|
| If you have made an edit within the last month or so, please check the new server and see if it was copied by the autobot. |
You may need to copy-paste your work to the new server manually. Sorry.
In years when the Protectorate pretended not to possess a standing army, no able-bodied Menite would refuse a call to arms, and the faithful continue to join the crusade even now that the need for secrecy has passed. Armed with their unshakable belief and devastating firebombs, these holy zealots are spurred to combat by a battle priest that girds them with prayers to the Lawgiver.
Monolith Bearer - Command Attachment
When the call to battle sounds, those who are most devout carry into battle a massive stone menofix as a signal to the unbeliever of the power of their deity. Only the purity of their devotion gives them the strength to lift these mighty symbols, and it is this demonstration of the power of faith that inspires their fellow devotees to more extreme expressions of their faith.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on the Holy Zealots
- 3 Other
|Unit Size|| 6 / 10|
+1 for CA
|Cost|| 7 / 12|
+3 for CA
| 1.2 each (no CA)|
1.4 each (with CA)
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Leader & Grunts
- Monolith Bearer
- Mace - 0.5" reach, P+S 9 melee weapon. It's the same mace, he's just stronger.
- Leader & Grunts
- Prayers - Choose a bonus from the following options each turn. All members of the unit gain the effects:
- Monolith Bearer
- He has +2 CMD and 5 hitpoints
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Greater Destiny (Minifeat) - Once per game, models in this unit that were destroyed during the enemy's previous turn get returned to play.
- Holy Monolith - If a Zealot in the unit is destroyed by an enemy attack, afterwards the whole unit gains +4 ARM for one turn. Doesn't affect Zealots that're out of formation.
- Sacrificial Pawn [Holy Zealots] - When this model is directly hit by an enemy ranged attack, you can have one friendly, non-incorporeal Holy Zealots model within 3" of it hit instead. That model is automatically hit and suffers all damage and effects.
2017.11 Xmas CID
- The Zealots gained a point of RAT and the cost was reduced from 13/8 to 12/7
Thoughts on the Holy Zealots
Holy Zealots in a Nutshell
Zealots are cheap bomb throwing cannon fodder for jamming the enemy and setting them on fire. Cheap, and with the Monolith Bearer they return from the dead.
Thoughts on adding the CA
The Monolith Bearer costs slightly more than two zealots - if you can return two from Greater Destiny it's definitely worth it for that and the Holy Monolith ability. And on average you should be able to. Just keep it safe.
Combos & Synergies
- Testament of Menoth & Sanctifier - Greater Destiny? Harvest souls twice!
- Vice Scrutator Vindictus - Death Toll & Call to Sacrifice: An excellent infantry brick caster. Can tank wounds for him and any kills Vindictus makes replenishes their numbers. Penitence, True Path and his feat are excellent for them as well.
- Malekus, The Burning Truth - Malekus likes anything that does fire damage for his feat turn, path of flames means you can jam with zealots and then lob fiery death into the scrum without bothering them at all. Fire bombs rolling 3d6 damage, and crit fires that can't go out, both make this unit potentially really strong with Malekus.
- Flameguard Cleansers - Path of flames, run zealots into position, aim sprays at zealots to get optimal template coverage.
- Hand of Judgement - An additional +2 to Fire damage rolls within 5" of the big guy means that they can hit above their weight class and any crit fire that doesn't go out is going to hurt. They can also crit fire to give the big guy free charges. As a plus, the latter two of the three Feora's help these guys or they help her in some way.
Drawbacks and Downsides
Low DEF, vulnerable to blast damage (especially before the Monolith has triggered), not terribly hard hitting, and not that accurate. Zealots are cheap models with a ranged attack and you get what you pay for.
Tricks & Tips
- Don't worry about missing with the fire bombs - the bombs are going to land somewhere
- The unit was originally released in Warmachine: Prime (2003)
Other Protectorate models
|Warcasters||Ashlynn - Bartolo - Damiano - MacBain - Durgen - Ossrum - Magnus1 - Magnus2|
Requires a 2+ caster game
|Other Controllers||Mini-casters||Gastone Crosse - Rorsh & Brine|
|Marshals||Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Rutger Shaw|
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The mercenary battlegroup members you can include in a Protectorate army depends entirely on which mercenary 'caster is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what it can take.|
|Mercenary Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units|| Horgenhold Artillery - Horgenhold Forge Guard - Ogrun Assault Corps - Press Gangers - Sea Dog Deck Gun - Sea Dog Pirates - Steelhead Halberdiers - Steelhead Cavalry - Steelhead Riflemen - Thorn Gun Mages|
Captain Sam & the Devildogs - Croe's Cutthroats - Blythe & Bull - Herne & Jonne - Aiyana & Holt
|Solos||Alten Ashley - Anastasia - Bradigan - Grogspar - Colbie Sterling - Dirty Meg - Doc Killingsworth - Eiryss1 - Eiryss2 - Hawk - Gastone - Gorman - Bailoch - Rockbottom - Dougal - Orin - Rhupert - Rorsh & Brine - Rutger - Saxon - Sergeant Nicolas - Stannis - Taryn|
|Warcaster attachments||Madelyn Corbeau|
From here down, the terms Sacrificial Pawn, Grim Salvation, and Sucker! are interchangeable
Note to Editors