Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls
Fluff blurb (Copy from PP)
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Analysis of Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Trollbloods Models
|Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls|
Weapons and Attacks
- Gnarlroot - 2" RNG, P+S 12 melee weapon
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Goad - When a battlegroup warbeast kills an enemy with a melee attack it can be forced to move a short distance.
- Great Power - This model can upkeep one spell each turn for free.
- Scroll of the Will of Balasar - Once per game, Doomshaper can choose the frenzy target for any beast (friendly or not) that frenzies in his control area.
- Dissolution - Cost 4
- Each enemy upkeep spell in the caster's control range expires and the model that cast it suffers d3 points of damage.
- Fortune - Cost 2, 6" range, Upkeep
- Target friendly Faction model/unit can reroll attack rolls once.
- Guardian Beast - Cost 3, Upkeep
- Once per turn, if an enemy finishes their movement within 6" of the caster, one of the caster's warbeasts can move towards that enemy and then attack it with a fully boosted melee or ranged attack.
- Rampager - Cost 4, 10" range, Offensive
- On a hit, take control of target enemy warbeast. You may move it and make a basic attack with it, then Rampager expires. You cannot force the affected warbeast or use its animus. Can be cast once per activation and once per turn.
- Stranglehold - Cost 2, 10" range, POW 11
- If the target is damaged it must forfeit either its movement or its action next activation, as its controller chooses.
Feat: Dhunia's Wrath
While within Doomshaper1's control range, enemy models take a moderate, variable amount of damage every time they spend a focus or fury and warbeasts suffer the same damage each time they're forced. If this damage kills a model, the effects of its spell or attack do not take place.
Analysis of Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls in a nutshell
Doomshaper1 has one major purpose - To backstop the metagame. If upkeep spells start overrunning the metagame then Dissolution becomes an absolutely awesome spell that can shut down numerous casters. If, on the other hand, they don't then Fortune is a decent spell, while the rest of his spell list wants him to be further forward than someone with his defensive stats would actually like. But Calandra1 does more to change luck than Fortune does - and he does little to support most things.
Common army selection
- Mulg the Ancient - He both has an affinity with Doomshaper and has a long enough weapon to take advantage of Goad.
- Otherwise it's staples like the Krielstone and the Dire Troll Mauler.
- Trollkin Warders - Almost a must to prevent him getting shot.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- "Old Man" stats - That's a terrible DEF/ARM combination meaning assassination is on the table.
Tricks and Tactics
Look for opportunities to Goad your models forward.
Changes from Mk2
Theme forces this model is a member of
Other Trollbloods Models
|Warlocks||Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Minion Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|