Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls
Fluff blurb (Copy from PP)
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Analysis of Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls
- 3 Other
- 4 Other Trollbloods Models
|Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls|
Weapons and Attacks
- Gnarlroot - Long handled club, last resort weapon.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Goad - When a battlegroup warbeast kills an enemy with a melee attack it can be forced to move a short distance.
- Great Power - This model can upkeep one spell each turn for free.
- Scroll of the Will of Balasar - 1/game choose the frenzie target for any beast (friendly or not) that frienzies in his control area.
- Dissolution - High cost - Enemy upkeep spells in CTRL expire and the model that cast them suffers a small variable amount of damage.
- Fortune - Short range, low cost - Target friendly faction model/unit can reroll attack rolls once.
- Guardian Beast - Moderate cost, self targeting upkeep spell. When an enemy model ends its movement within a short distance, one of this model's battlegroup warbeasts may move towards it and make one fully boosted ranged or melee attack. Triggers only once per turn.
- Rampager - High cost, high range - Gain control of target enemy warbeast, move it and make a basic attack with it. Can be cast once per turn.
- Stranglehold - Average range, low POW spell. If the target is damaged then during their next activation they must forfeit either movement or action.
Feat: Dhunia's Wrath
While within Doomshaper 1's control range, enemy models take a moderate, variable amount of damage every time they spend a focus or fury and warbeasts suffer the same damage each time they're forced. If this damage kills a model, the effects of its spell or attack do not take place.
Analysis of Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Shaman of the Gnarls in a nutshell
Doomshaper1 has one major purpose - and that is to backstop the metagame. If upkeep spells start overrunning the metagame then Dissolution becomes an absolutely awesome spell that can shut down numerous casters. If on the other hand they don't then Fortune is a decent spell, while the rest of his spell list wants him to be further forward than someone with his defensive stats would actually like. But Calandra1 does more to change luck than fortune does - and he does little to support most things.
Common army selection
- Mulg the Ancient both has an affinity with Doomshaper and has a long enough weapon to take advantage of Goad.
- Otherwise it's staples like the Krielstone and the Dire Troll Mauler
- Trollkin Warders are almost a must to prevent him getting shot.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- "Old Man" stats - that's a terrible DEF/ARM combination meaning assassination is on the table.
Tricks and Tactics
Look for opportunities to goad your models forward.
Changes from Mk2
Theme forces this model is a member of
Other Trollbloods Models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollbloods - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|