Trollblood Trollkin Warlock
Hoarluk Doomshaper has remained focused on the fundamental connection between all trolls. He has merged his mind with the most violent and powerful of these creatures and thereby tapped into reserves no shaman has ever known. Not only has he unlocked unimagined regenerative powers, he has gained insight into the primal nature that binds warbeast to warlock and can employ this lore against his enemies.
| Relative HP
Weapons and Attacks
- Willbreaker - Long reach, average P+S. This is a last resort weapon.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Attuned Spirit: Dire Troll - This model can cast one of its Dire Troll warbeast's animi for free each activation.
- Field Marshal [Overtake] - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Overtake.
- Hyper-Regeneration - This model heals d3 damage at the start of its activation.
- Agitation - Average cost, CTRL range spell that adds a single Fury onto each enemy Warbeast. Agitation can only be cast once per activation.
- Hex Blast - Average range & POW spell with a small AOE. If it directly hits, upkeeps and animi on the target expire.
- Primal Shock - Average cost, average range, spell that originates from a Warbeast in the casters Control Range and uses the beasts Strength for its own POW.
- Psycho Surgery - COST 2, Range SELF. Each battlegroup model currently in CTRL immediately headl d3 damage points. Can be cast once per round.
- Wild Aggression - COST 3, Range 6 upkeep. Affected friendly living warbeast gains boosted melee attack rolls and can run, charge, slam, or trample for free.
Feat: Scroll of Grimmr
Doomshaper and his battlegroup warbeasts gain a SPD buff and can charge/trample/slam for free.
Thoughts on Doomshaper 2
Doomshaper 2 in a nutshell
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia(henceforth referred to as Doomie 2) is a Warbeast focused Warlock who can manage a decent sized battlegroup. His feat gives his beast an impressive threat range, allowing them to attack from vectors that would normally be unavailable. Additionally, he has a few good beast support spells. Wild Aggression does quite a bit to fix any low MAT beasts in his battlegroup, while Hex Blast can be used offensively or defensively to remove troublesome upkeeps (remember, the upkeeps are dropped on hit, not damage!)
Typical Strategy & Army
He usually wins by being old and cranky.
His army is always on edge because he's old and cranky.
- The Krielstone is a staple for obvious reasons.
- Mulg the Ancient has an affinity with Doomshape, loves Overtake, and is generally pretty good.
- Dire Troll Mauler, with a great Chain Attack gains more than possibly any other beast from Wild Aggression. It also comes with a superb animus that really works well with the free cast.
- Rök - Overtake and Berserk? And bringing Primal with him? I'm sure there were some infantry around here somewhere...
- Troll Axer gets to Thresher with Wild Aggression, which can be terrifying. It also comes with a superb animus and loves to overtake.
- Troll Bouncer is a lovely warbeast with reach, and startlingly hard to kill for its cost. A reach weapon means that it too loves to overtake.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No serious fury management meaning it's very easy to run hot with him.
Tricks & Tips
Other Trollbloods Models
Rules Clarification : Feat: Scroll of Grimmr
- Doomshaper gets the SPD buff, even though he has already begun his activation. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon such as arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer latest errata).
- This is inherited by "immediate" secondary damage (such as Eruption of Spines) ... [Verification needed]
- ... but not by "lingering" secondary damage (such as the cloud left by Breath of Corruption). [Verification needed]
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. They're not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack.
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be intrepreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Powerful Attack (Edit)
- You must declare whether you're using Powerful Attack before making any attack rolls. You can't try and mix-and-match it to avoid friendly models. (Infernal Ruling)
- It has to be declared at the attack stage. If you choose not to use it on attack rolls, you can't trigger it on damage rolls. (Infernal Ruling)
- Exception: If your attack auto-misses, such as an AOE vs Stealth, then you can declare it after deviation but before making damage rolls. (Infernal Ruling)
- The Powerful Attack bonus doesn't apply to "secondary" damage such as Magic Bullet or Electro Leap.
Rules Clarification : Tough - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Field Marshal (Edit)
- Field marshal only grants the ability to warjacks in the battlegroup, so (normally) the warcaster does not have the Field Marshal ability.
- However if it is listed on the caster's card separately, such as on Magnus2, then they do have it. (Closed thread)
Rules Clarification : Overtake (Edit)
- Overtake triggers at Step 12 of the attack sequence, before stuff like Berserk.
Rules Clarification : Hex Blast (Edit)
- If you miss and deviate onto a different target, no upkeeps or animi expire. You need a direct hit.
Rules Clarification : Primal Shock (Edit)
- Let's call the friendly warbeast the "Primed" model and the attack target the "Shocked" model.
- The "Primed" model is not a channeler so won't be affected by stuff like Arcane Annihilation
- You can "Prime" a warbeast that is engaged in melee.
- Primal Shock is not affected by range reducing effects (such as Mage Static). For "Priming" the range is CTRL, which cannot be reduced. For "Shocking", choosing a target within 8" is not a range (in the normal sense).
- The "Shock" can gain any benefits that apply vs the target. For example if your warlock is affected by Beast Lore (+d6 damage vs warbeasts) and you "Shock" an enemy warbeast, you'll get that +d6.
- The "Shock" uses base STR, not current STR. Thus STR buffs (such as Rage) will not affect the "Shock".
- You can "Shock" a friendly model and it will cause no damage to it. (Infernal Ruling)
- Arcane Vortex vs Primal Shock (Edit)
- The warbeast that is chosen as the point of origin can not be negated by Arcane Vortex.
- The "target a model within 8 inches" is the part that can be negated by arcane vortex.
- There are some other parts that the Infernals are currently checking.
- (Infernal Ruling)