Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia
Hoarluk Doomshaper has remained focused on the fundamental connection between all trolls. He has merged his mind with the most violent and powerful of these creatures and thereby tapped into reserves no shaman has ever known. Not only has he unlocked unimagined regenerative powers, he has gained insight into the primal nature that binds warbeast to warlock and can employ this lore against his enemies.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Doomshaper 2
- 3 Other
Weapons and Attacks
- Willbreaker - Long reach, average P+S. This is a last resort weapon.
- Warlock - All warlocks come with a stack of standard special rules - most notably being awesome.
- Tough - When this model is disabled, roll a d6. On a 5 or 6, remove 1 damage point from this model; it is no longer disabled and becomes knocked down. While knocked down this model loses Tough.
- Attuned Spirit: Dire Troll - This model can cast one of its Dire Troll warbeast's animi for free each activation.
- Field Marshal (Overtake) - Warbeasts/warjacks in this model's battlegroup gain Overtake. (Overtake - When this model destroys one or more enemy models with a basic melee attack during its Combat Action, after the attack is resolved it can immediately advance up to 1".)
- Hyper-Regeneration - This model heals a few boxes at the start of its activation.
- Agitation - Average cost, CTRL range spell that adds a single Fury onto each enemy Warbeast. Agitation can only be cast once per activation.
- Hex Blast - Average range & POW spell with a small AOE. If it directly hits, upkeeps and animi on the target expire.
- Primal Shock - Average cost, average range, spell that originates from a Warbeast in the casters Control Range and uses the beasts Strength for its own POW.
- Psycho Surgery - Low cost spell that heals all battlegroup models currently in control range a small amount. Can be cast once per round only.
- Wild Aggression - Average cost upkeep spell that boosts a friendly beast's melee attack rolls and allows them to run, charge, slam, or trample for free.
Feat: Scroll of Grimmr
Doomshaper and his battlegroup warbeasts gain a SPD buff and can charge/trample/slam for free.
Thoughts on Doomshaper 2
Doomshaper 2 in a nutshell
Hoarluk Doomshaper, Rage of Dhunia(henceforth referred to as Doomie 2) is a Warbeast focused Warlock who can manage a decent sized battlegroup. His feat gives his beast an impressive threat range, allowing them to attack from vectors that would normally be unavailable. Additionally, he has a few good beast support spells. Wild Aggression does quite a bit to fix any low MAT beasts in his battlegroup, while Hex Blast can be used offensively or defensively to remove troublesome upkeeps (remember, the upkeeps are dropped on hit, not damage!)
Typical Strategy & Army
He usually wins by being old and cranky.
His army is always on edge because he's old and cranky.
- The Krielstone is a staple for obvious reasons.
- Mulg the Ancient has an affinity with Doomshape, loves Overtake, and is generally pretty good.
- Dire Troll Mauler, with a great Chain Attack gains more than possibly any other beast from Wild Aggression. It also comes with a superb animus that really works well with the free cast.
- Rök - Overtake and Berserk? And bringing Primal with him? I'm sure there were some infantry around here somewhere...
- Troll Axer gets to Thresher with Wild Aggression, which can be terrifying. It also comes with a superb animus and loves to overtake.
- Troll Bouncer is a lovely warbeast with reach, and startlingly hard to kill for its cost. A reach weapon means that it too loves to overtake.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- No serious fury management meaning it's very easy to run hot with him.
Tricks & Tips
Other Trollbloods Models
|Trollblood - Minion models (Edit)|
|Warlocks|| Bloody Barnabas - Calaban - Helga - Jaga-Jaga - Lord Carver - Maelok - Midas - Rask - Sturm & Drang|
Requires a 2+ warlock game
|Other Controllers|| Lesser Warlocks: Brun & Lug - Dahlia & Skarath - Rorsh & Brine - Wrongeye & Snapjaw
|Warjacks & Warbeasts||The minion battlegroup members you can include in a Trollblood army depends entirely on what type of model is commanding them. There are too many permutations to list here, please refer to one of the model entries above for full details of what minions it can control.|
|Units, Solos, & Battle Engines|
|Units||Bog Trog Ambushers - Croak Raiders - Bone Grinders - Brigands - Commandos - Razorback Crew - Slaughterhousers - Bokur & Swamp Shamblers - Gatorman Posse - Gobber Bellows|
|Solos||Mist Speaker - Bog Trog Trawler - Croak Hunter - Efaarit Scouts - Feralgeist - Witch Doctor - Gobber Tinker - Gremlin Swarm - Ogrun Bokur - Gobber Chef - Thrullg - Totem Hunter|
|Battle Engines||Meat Thresher|
|Trollblood - Theme Forces (Edit)|
|Band of Heroes - Power of Dhunia|
Rules Clarification : Feat: Scroll of Grimmr