Mercenary Rhulic Unit
A crack gun corps from the Rhulic fortress of Hammerfall, this armored phalanx steadily marches forward unleashing volleys of lethal shot. Working in unison, the Hammerfall High Shields form an impenetrable shell that brushes aside enemy fire as they bring their double-barreled war rifles to bear. The deadly rifles jut out along the notched wall of shielded dwarves to blast away at their unfortunate targets.
Weapons and Attacks
- Carbine - 10" range, POW 10 gun
- Axe 0,5" range, P+S 9 melee weapon
- Mercenary - will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Combined Ranged Attack - This unit can combine their ranged attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Combined Melee Attack - This unit can combine their melee attacks to get a bonus on accuracy and damage.
- Practiced Maneuvers - Each model in this unit can ignore other models in this unit when determining LOS and can advance through them if it has enough movement to move completely past them.
- Shield Wall (Order) - Models in this unit get +4 ARM while B2B with another model in the unit, unless the attack originates in their rear arc. Lasts until the beginning of their next activation.
Command Attachment: Officer and Standard Bearer
Weapons & Attacks
- Officer- same as the ordinary warriors
- Standard Bearer- Unarmed
Officer - as high shield plus:
- Officer - This model is the unit commander even if the unit has a Leader model.
- Double Time (Order) - Models in this unit get to move as normal, then can take their combat actions, then get to move again.
- Guns Blazing (Minifeat) - Once per game the unit gains an extra shot in their combat action.
Standard Bearer - as high shield plus:
- Standard Bearer - While the standard bearer is within 5" of the unit commander, the commander gains +2 CMD.
- Take Up - If this model is killed you may instead remove a Grunt within 1". Remove any effects on this model, and apply any effects that were on the old grunt.
Thoughts on Hammerfall High Shield Gun Corps
Hammerfall High Shield Gun Corps in a nutshell
The Hammerfalls High Shield Gun Corps are the dwarven ranged unit. Shield walling shooters, they are normally regarded as a complete shower outside a theme designed to make dwarven armies better. They can at least survive incoming shooting thanks to their shield wall.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum buffs all dwarves. Snipe and his feat will make them out-range any other infantry choice for a turn, and make them extremely high armour.
Drawbacks and Downsides
- They are slow
- Like most shield walls they burn
- Fundamentally most of their roles are done better by other mercenaries that cost the same or less.
- If you want a run and gun unit even in double time Croe's Cutthroats cost the same and move faster and are harder to kill by anything other than blast damage.
- If you want cheap shooters Steelhead Riflemen are significantly cheaper, threat further, and hit harder.
- If you want to survive incoming blast damage Idrian Skirmishers with the UA threaten to hit harder and can go to ground. And are cheaper
Tricks and Tactics
- Double time allows you to shoot then move behind cover or back out of charge range. It can be combined with aiming.
Changes from Mk2
- Lost a point of CMD
- Lost Jack Marshall
- Ranked Attacks changed to Practiced Maneuvers
- UA slightly cheaper
How can I include this model in my army?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Theme Forces this is a member of
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)