Retribution Shyeel Character Heavy Warjack
Designed for Issyria’s exclusive use and fitted with experimental technology that includes a cutting-edge arc node, Hemera magnifies the warcaster’s arcane abilities. The myrmidon wades into the thick of combat to take Issyria’s place, allowing her to guide the flow of combat more effectively without putting herself in harm’s way.
- Celestial Gate - 12" range, 4" AOE, POW 14 gun
- Blade First - 1" reach, P+S 15 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Arc Node - This model can channel spells cast by its controlling Warcaster.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Force Fields - this warjack has an extra damage track that takes damage first.
- Bond: (Issyria) - If this model begins the game in Issyria's battlegroup, it is bonded to them. This model is not considered to be bonded while under your opponent's control. While this model is bonded to Issyria and in their control range, Issyria can upkeep one spell without spending focus
- Empowered Arc Node - Once per turn, when its controller channel through Hemera, reduce the COST of the spell by 1.
- Field Dependent - If this model's Generator is crippled, it loses Mark Target ability & Celestial Gate weapon.
- Mark Target - While this model is in formation, other friendly Faction models gain +2 to attack rolls if they target an enemy within 5" of this model and in its LOS.
- Reposition [3"] - At the end of an activation in which it did not run or fail a charge, this model can advance up to 3", then its activation ends.
Thoughts on Hemera
This model has only recently been released, and the content in the "Thoughts On" section is based more on theory-machine than actual gameplay experience.
Feel free to remove this warning if you, personally:
- Have a good level of gameplay experience with the model, and
- Have reviewed this article and either you
- agree with the content 100% or,
- for the parts you disagree with, you don't strongly disagree; and it's more a case of differing opinions between you and previous editors rather than incorrect content / bad advice.
Hemera in a nutshell
Combos & Synergies
Drawbacks & Downsides
Tricks & Tips
- Originally released 2017.04
When taken in Issyria's battlegroup, it can be in the following Themes. If taken in anyone else's battlegroup, it can't be taken in a Theme Force.
Themes for any-and-all bonded warjacks (Edit)
Other Retribution models
Rules Clarification : Magical Damage (Edit)
- The "Damage Type: Magical" is not inherited by "secondary" damage from a weapon such as arcs (Electro Leap) or hazards (Scather). (Infernal Ruling)
- All spells have "Damage Type: Magical" (refer latest errata).
- If a weapon/spell includes Magic Damage and another kind of elemental damage it can still damage Incorporeal models. They're not affected by the rule "if an attack does multiple types of damage and a model is immune to at least one it is immune to the entire attack.
The phrase "immune to non-magical damage" should be intrepreted as "immune to damage that doesn't include Damage Type: Magical" (not as "has immunity to Corrosion and Electricity and Cold and etc.")
Rules Clarification : Open Fist (aka, Power Attack Throw) (Edit)
- See the Throw article for a recap of the core Throw rules.
- When you make a Throw Power Attack, no other abilities of the Fist weapon (such as Chain Strike) are applied unless they specifically mention Throws.
- If you do a Power Attack Throw and you choose to throw the target directly away, no deviation is rolled to determine the final position of the model. (Locked thread)
- A model that cannot be targeted by melee attacks (such as Una2's feat) cannot have models thrown at them, either. (Infernal Ruling)
- Unresolved: Since throwing Model [A] at Model [B] involves making a melee attack vs Model [B] which is out of your melee range, it technically breaks a whole bunch of core rules. The Infernals are currently checking it.
Rules Clarification : Dispel (Edit)
- Because Dispel causes spells to expire on a hit, it will prevent spells that trigger on a hit from triggering at all.
- For instance, the defensive animus Spiny Growth causes any model that hits the target to suffer d3 damage. This damage will not occur if it's hit by a Dispel weapon.
Rules Clarification : Warjack (Edit)
- Please refer to the Warjack page for a recap of the warjack rules, and the very few associated Infernal Rulings.
Rules Clarification : Channeler and/or Arc Node (Edit)
- You use the channeler's abilities when determining LOS (such as whether you can see your target through a forest).
- If the channeler has an ability to ignore LOS or DEF bonuses (such as Eyeless Sight), then you only apply that "ignorance" to LOS.
- You use the caster's abilities when determining attack roll modifiers (such as whether a target standing in a forest gets +2 DEF or not).
- If the caster has an ability to ignore LOS or DEF bonuses (such as Eyeless Sight), then you only apply that "ignorance" to the DEF bonus.
- Since Stealth has both a LOS component (stealth models more than 5" away aren't intervening models) and an attack roll modifier (stealth models more than 5" away are auto-missed); this can lead to some non-intuitive interactions between channeling and stealth when either the caster or channeler is able to ignore stealth.
We've put a bunch of examples on the Category:Channeler page.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Force Fields (Edit)
- You cannot spend focus to heal Force Fields mid-move, such as taking damage from a free strike. (Infernal Ruling)
Rules Clarification : Bond (Edit)
- Bonds are ineffective while the model is under your opponent's control. Refer the core rulebook.
- A warjack/warbeast with a bond can be taken in theme forces whether or not the theme allows them, but only when they're in taken their bonded caster's battlegroup. Refer the core rulebook.
Rules Clarification : Mark Target - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Reposition (Edit)
- Models out of formation cannot move via Reposition. Refer to the "Out of Formation" rules in the core rulebook.
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at the end of activation" (such as Sprint) after resolving Reposition, because your activation has ended. Click here for a detailed explanation
- You cannot trigger abilities that occur "at any time" (such as Go To Ground) during a Reposition. Because you can't trigger it while moving, and after moving your activation has ended.
- This holds true even if it's a unit with multiple Reposition moves. (Infernal Ruling)