Mercenary Rhulic Battle Engine
A testament to the engineering brilliance of the Rhulfolk, the Hammerfall Siege Crawler paves the way for assaults on hard targets. Firing its thunderous siegebreaker cannons to crack open fortress walls and pulverize enemy armor, the Siege Crawler is a mobile artillery battery worthy of the reputation of Hammerfall’s renowned mercenaries.
This model's rules are currently under development
This model is part of the current CID cycle (What is CID?) and the information shown below does not necessarily represent its final ruleset.
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
- Bash - 0.5" reach, P+S 15 melee attack.
- Quad Cannon - 10" range, POW 12, ROF d3+1 gun.
- Siegebreaker (x2) - 12" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 guns.
- Critical Stagger - On a critical hit, the model hit loses its inital attacks and cannot make power attacks or special attacks for one round.
- Siege Weapon - This weapon gains an additional die to its damage rolls against huge-based models.
- Mercenary - Will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Battle Engine - All Battle Engines share the same special rules. Most notably being huge, having two fields of fire, and being immune to knock down, stationary, etc.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Roadblock - This model provides cover to friendly models as if it were an obstacle. This model loses Roadblock while it is incorporeal or knocked down.
2017.04 CID Cycle 2
Thoughts on Hammerfall Siege Crawler
Hammerfall Siege Crawler in a nutshell
Things go boom! Two Siegebreaker cannon with a nasty critical effect and some shooting from the Quad Cannon. Oh, and you can bash things. Its charge threat range is scary.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum can give it Fire For Effect. Stagger is one of the nastiest ranged attacks in the game.
- Durgen Madhammer makes it make things go boom on feat turn.
- Ashlynn D'Elyse can go crit-fishing with her feat for the Staggers
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Like most battle engines it has the cost of an expensive heavy, but fewer damage boxes than some lights.
- Crits are massively more reliable when you can boost
- It has a relatively low MAT and RAT
Tricks and Tips
Take one with a model capable of sprays (like a Grundback Blaster) or bursts (like Herne & Jonne or the HAC). Use it's bulldoze ability to maximize the amount of models you can put under a template.
When taken with General Ossrum, Siege Crawlers become amazing delivery devices for Forge Guard, letting them take cover behind it (granting cover or completely blocking LOS), then charging right through the Crawler when they get close enough.
How can I include this model?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models
| Mercenary - Faction models (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Battle Engine (Edit)
- Do not confuse the Colossals & Gargantuans rules with the Battle Engine rules just because they're both huge based.
- Of all the things that can't happen to a Colossal/Gargantuan (such as gaining Stealth, being placed, etc), about 90% of them can happen to a Battle Engine.
Rules Clarification : Construct - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Sturdy - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Bulldoze (Edit)
- Refer to the Bulldoze page for the clarifications - it was too long a list to repeat here.
Rules Clarification : Roadblock (Edit)
- A Roadblock model does not count as intervening terrain for melee attacks.
- Shadow Fire vs Roadblock (Edit)
- If you use Shadow Fire vs a Roadblock model then the Roadblock will still grant cover to nearby models; even though you can "see right through it".
- Because the rule for getting cover from an obstacle is simply: does a line pass between the attacker and target that goes over/through the obstacle? Is the target within 1" of the obstacle on that same line?
- In other words, whether the obstacle actually blocks LOS or not isn't relevant.
Rules Clarification : Siege Weapon - None yet. (Edit)
Rules Clarification : Stagger (Edit)
- Stagger prevents "free" Power Attacks, such as Smash & Grab.
- If you manage to free strike a model that is in the middle Slam move, and cause a Stagger, it will not prevent the slam that is already in progress.
- Stagger does work vs Colossals/Gargantuans.