Hammerfall Siege Crawler
A testament to the engineering brilliance of the Rhulfolk, the Hammerfall Siege Crawler paves the way for assaults on hard targets. Firing its thunderous siegebreaker cannons to crack open fortress walls and pulverize enemy armor, the Siege Crawler is a mobile artillery battery worthy of the reputation of Hammerfall’s renowned mercenaries.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Thoughts on Hammerfall Siege Crawler
- 3 Other
This model's rules are currently under development
This is a existing model, and the information here is the rules it had before the CID cycle. If you wish to document the CID changes before they're finalised, please do so under the Recent Changes heading.
|See also How to Read the statblock|
- Bash - 0.5" reach, P+S 15 melee attack.
- Quad Cannon - 10" range, POW 12, ROF d3+1 gun.
- Siegebreaker (x2) - 12" range, 4" AOE, POW 15 guns.
- Mercenary - Will work for Cygnar and Khador
- Battle Engine - All Battle Engines share the same special rules. Most notably being huge, having two fields of fire, and being immune to knock down, stationary, etc.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Bulldoze - When this model is B2B with an enemy model during its Normal Movement, it can push that model up to 2" directly away from it. A model can be pushed by Bulldoze only once per activation. Bulldoze has no effect when this model makes a trample power attack.
- Dual Attack - This model can make both melee and ranged attacks in the same activation. When this model makes its initial melee attacks or a power attack, it can also make its initial ranged attacks. This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee.
- Roadblock - This model provides cover to friendly models as if it were an obstacle. This model loses Roadblock while it is incorporeal or knocked down.
2017.04 CID Cycle 2
Thoughts on Hammerfall Siege Crawler
Hammerfall Siege Crawler in a nutshell
Things go boom! Two Siegebreaker cannon with a nasty critical effect and some shooting from the Quad Cannon. Oh, and you can bash things. Its charge threat range is scary.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum can give it Fire For Effect. Stagger is one of the nastiest ranged attacks in the game.
- Durgen Madhammer makes it make things go boom on feat turn.
- Ashlynn D'Elyse can go crit-fishing with her feat for the Staggers
Drawbacks and Downsides
- Like most battle engines it has the cost of an expensive heavy, but fewer damage boxes than some lights.
- Crits are massively more reliable when you can boost
- It has a relatively low MAT and RAT
Tricks and Tips
Take one with a model capable of sprays (like a Grundback Blaster) or bursts (like Herne & Jonne or the HAC). Use it's bulldoze ability to maximize the amount of models you can put under a template.
When taken with General Ossrum, Siege Crawlers become amazing delivery devices for Forge Guard, letting them take cover behind it (granting cover or completely blocking LOS), then charging right through the Crawler when they get close enough.
How can I include this model?
Mercenaries are a bit more complicated than regular faction models, they can be taken in one of three different ways.
- This model can be included in a pure Mercenary army.
- This model can be included in the following Faction armies:
- This model can be included in the following theme forces:
Other Mercenary models