Gudrun the Wanderer
Disgraced, exiled, and cursed to live when he wishes to die, Gudrun often seems too drunk to fight as he once did. All such doubt vanishes when he steps into battle. His comrades describe him fighting as if inviting death. He screams incoherent battle cries while the lives his polearm ends add a steadily rising tally of carnage to the weight of his soul.
|Gudrun the Wanderer|
Weapons and Attacks
- Battle Glaive - 2" range, P+S 15 melee wepaon
- Minion - Works for Circle, Legion, Skorne, Trollbloods.
- Mercenary - Works for Cryx, Cygnar, Khador.
- Advance Deployment - Models with advance deployment are placed after normal deployment and may be placed up to 6" further forward.
- Pathfinder - This model treats rough terrain as open terrain while advancing. While charging, slam power attacking, or trample power attacking, this model does not stop its movement when it contacts an obstacle.
- Berserk - When this model destroys one or more models with a melee attack during its Combat Action, immediately after the attack is resolved it must make one additional melee attack against another model in its melee range.
- Binge Drinking - Once per game, in activation, knock this model down.
- Feign Death - While knocked down this model can't be targetted by shooting or spells.
- Hangover - The first time this model is destroyed, heal it up to full and knock it down.
Thoughts on Gudrun the Wanderer
Gudrun the Wanderer in a nutshell
Gudrun is a melee solo who can kill quite a few models if your opponent allows it. He also has some trick that keep him from getting killed by shooting. Because he's a melee solo, he usually attacks once per game if he's lucky, then dies quickly and you're out five points.
Combos & Synergies
- He is well-served if Boomhowler is nearby to stand him up with Reveille.
- Walk him to a flag and activate Binge Drinking to avoid being shot while scoring it.
Drawbacks & Downsides
- He can't shake. Once he's been knocked down once he's not likely to be able to attack at all.
- Stiff competition from the cheaper and harder hitting Maximus in the Reach and Berserk stakes for all Minion factions.
Tricks & Tips
- Absolutely nobody plays him, and nobody has every played against him so he might throw your opponent's plans into just enough disarray to win you a game before they get wise to the trick.