The Blaster's Rhulic ruggedness and durability make it both a brutal and economic weapon of war. Armed with a canister-fed Hail-Shot Cannon, the Blaster answers many of the demands of mercenary commanders and adds an incredible degree of flexibility to Rhulic forces fighting all over western Immoren.
- 1 Basic Info
- 2 Other
Weapons and Attacks
Hail Shot Cannon - 8" spray, POW 10 ranged weapon.
- Powerful Attack - When boosting with this weapon, one Focus or Fury will boost both to hit and to damage.
Bash - 0,5" range, P+S 6 melee weapon.
- Warjack - All warjacks share the same set of special rules. Most notably being big and stompy.
- Construct - This model is a construct and is not a living model.
- Sturdy - This model cannot be pushed.
Thoughts on Grundback Blaster
Grundback Blaster in a nutshell
The twin brother of the Grundback Gunner, the Blaster sacrifices a single direct shot for a spray template. If the Gunner is a scalpel that selectively removes individual targets, the Blaster is a scythe that sweeps infantry away in swaths.
With Power Up, Blasters have come into their own. Powerful Attack lets them hit DEF 16 and do 20 points of damage on average rolls. This won't do much to a heavy warjack, but it'll ruin the day of a light, will wipe out a squad of troops, murder solos, and make Warcasters and Warlocks be extremely wary. With how cheap they are, fielding a swarm of GunBunnies becomes a viable tactic.
Combos & Synergies
- General Ossrum gives it Tactician, Energizer, and Unstoppable force to allow you to move, place enemies together, then spray once they are packed together.
- Durgen Madhammer turns their sprays to flamethrowers. The benefit is marginal because they've already hit if they are setting people on fire.
- Gorten Grundback is the third dwarf caster and they all help.
Drawbacks and Downsides
The Blaster has a few major weaknesses:
- Few damage boxes. Its ARM is high enough that it's tough to hurt. But once you do, it falls pretty quick.
- Limited range. Granted, sprays aren't supposed to be hugely long, but you do have to get close in for it to do its job.
- Slowish speed. Compared to other light warjacks, it's plodding. That said, there are a number of ways to speed them up a bit. If you give one to Thor Steinhammer, he can use his drive on it. And General Ossrum has access to Energizer and his feat.
- Really horrible in close combat. If your Blaster gets stuck in melee, it's worth risking the free attack to try and get away.
- Don't do much against armour.
Tricks and Tips
- Find a group of fairly tight-packed troops and fire. A single focus boosts both attack and damage rolls, meaning that even high-DEF and high-ARM troops can be hit.
- Ossrum loves these guys. Energizer and his feat can make them surprisingly nimble. Bulldozer can push models together to be easier spray targets. And of course, Ossrum loves a 'jack that you only have to put one focus on.
- Thor Steinhammer's drive can let a Blaster sneak behind shield walls or to get to a better placement to hit more troops.
Changes from Mk2
- It gained the Power Up rule so it now has all the power it needs when in a battle group.
- Gained Sturdy
Theme Forces this is a member of